The Student Room Group

How much sleep for an exam?

Removed.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Askingquestion16
If you haven't ever covered some of the content, is it better to stay up for some of the night to learn it or get straight to sleep?

Stay up, to be perfectly honest, some people may say sleep, however that's nonsense, its better to cover missing content which are really important than sleep and not know nothing about it at all.

Try to get minimum of 8 hours sleep. If you can't its fine, just make sure you can control your anxiety levels. I.e relax yourself, during the exam. Have a amazing breakfast to make up for it. :biggrin:
I'd stay up but then I function the same whether I sleep loads or sleep little, but if is an afternoon exam I do it in the morning :smile:
Would 5/6 hours be sufficient? The exam is in the morning as well.

No, I have an exam tomorrow at 9 and I'm on TSR because I can't get to sleep.

It's bad for your brain so go zzz if you can

Posted from TSR Mobile
It all depends on you really. If you're a person that can handle little sleep then I do suggest staying up. But if you're a person who relies heavily on sleep then just go to sleep. If it was me I would stay up because I think I can handle a little less sleep, but you need at least 5/6.

Also get up a little earlier and try to overview some things in the morning and scan through things to put maybe a little knowledge in your brain.
Reply 5
Do you have the OCR AS ICT exam?

I remember having that last year, 2 hours long if i remember correctly. Good Luck
Reply 6
remember to take a 5 minute break ever hour so you dont get DVT, CTS, ULD and RSI!
If you haven't ever covered some of the content, is it better to stay up for some of the night to learn it or get straight to sleep?
slept 5 hours in 2 days for my last 2 exams (uni). no word of a lie i learnt 2 entire computer science modules in 2 days and probably 2:1'd both

good luck

edit: i'd spend as much time as possible doing past papers if it's a science/maths based course
(edited 9 years ago)
I used to stay up fairly late, then get up at 5 or 6 and revise more. You get some sleep, and cram a good amount of work in. That way you won't be completely sleep deprived, and the tiredness won't kick in until after your exam.
Reply 9
Original post by shartos maximus
slept 5 hours in 2 days for my last 2 exams (uni). no word of a lie i learnt 2 entire computer science modules in 2 days and probably 2:1'd both

good luck

edit: i'd spend as much time as possible doing past papers if it's a science/maths based course

Where do you study CS if you don't mind me asking ?
Yeah, and then I can have a nap xD

Indeed.

I used to be so wiped from the 4 - 5 hour sleep and pent up nervous tension, I'd crash out as soon as I got home. :lol:
My most successful exams were taken when I was sleep deprived and I learnt a lot more stuff overnight. The least I've slept has been 1 hour for my C4 maths A2 paper that I subsequently got 94 UMS for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
My most successful exams were taken when I was sleep deprived and I learnt a lot more stuff overnight. The least I've slept has been 1 hour for my C4 maths A2 paper that I subsequently got 94 UMS for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same one time not only was i sleep deprived but the night before there was a big fight in my house which left me sorta mentally unstable, ended up getting 98 % in that chem exam lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Manmurder-
Same one time not only was i sleep deprived but the night before there was a big fight in my house which left me sorta mentally unstable, ended up getting 98 % in that chem exam lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I must try this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maths94
Where do you study CS if you don't mind me asking ?
rhul
Would 5/6 hours be sufficient? The exam is in the morning as well.

Would be better to have a longer nap, but it should be sufficient.
Some people can function fine without that much sleep, and some completely flop without their zzz's. If you're the type of person that needs their sleep, I would suggest that you try and get a good night's sleep and cram the night before.

If you're up to it, waking up in the morning for a last minute study session always helps :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest