The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6340
Arsenal don't need him tbh and you don't know if he'd work as well the second time as the first. I'd understand if maybe he'd want to experience another club as well. (Personally I don't like going back to places, I prefer going somewhere new and learning something different and not spoil the experience of the past.)

Disclaimer: only started watching the PL after Fabregas left so perhaps I just don't get this Arsenal nostalgia.
if everyones rejected him in the PL, life is chill. let him go to dortmund or suttin.
Original post by jam278
Na, Cabaye. Matuidi looks like he'll run his socks off so people think he's the most defensively sound but 419 would probably agree with me that his bursts of speed and energy are what make him so good, not his positioning sense and tackling ability. Same thing goes for Pogba, although he's a good passer and dribbler.

You and 419 have made good points tbf, your correct tbh. I can see it from your POV
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
if everyones rejected him in the PL, life is chill. let him go to dortmund or suttin.

Gotta be a weird situation in the PL wrt AMs when Fabregas is rejected.

I find it weird though since he can play deeper or up front.

Personally if I was you guys I'd buy him and play him up front. I feel that Wenger is still thinking about developing players and that young team. I think Wilshere is partly the problem if Fabregas doesn't go to Arsenal. I said anyway Fabregas is staying at Barca next season, if not he's going to one of Arsenal, City or Monaco.
wenger won't allow him to strengthen our rivals. I think he is just waiting for an english club to bid for him. Another rumour bieng circulated is that wenger has met with David Dein's son to sort out the fabregas transfer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who thinks we don't need Cesc is a ****ing idiot. What happened when Ramsey, Ozil & Wilshere got injured? We were stuck with playing Arteta and Flamini together ffs. I don't ever want that rubbish to happen again. Never count on Diaby, because well, it's Diaby, Santi can blow very hot and cold and Tommy is a bit part player. We need Cesc, someone of his calibre wouldn't go amiss and if we could get him back there should be no debate.

If other players are unhappy about having more competition, tough ****, maybe they should try harder at displacing the player rather than having a moan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278

Personally if I was you guys I'd buy him and play him up front. I feel that Wenger is still thinking about developing players and that young team. I think Wilshere is partly the problem if Fabregas doesn't go to Arsenal. I said anyway Fabregas is staying at Barca next season, if not he's going to one of Arsenal, City or Monaco.

I read that it's Ozil's presence in the team that is stopping Wenger from using his first refusal to sign Cesc and not Wilshere's. The reason being that Mesut and Cesc are of similar stature, price & role in midfield, and Wenger wants Ozil to have a stellar second season playing as many games as possible without Cesc stunting his progress. Seems reasonable logic to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich

Aurier tells gooner that he's coming to Arsenal...

Looks promising! I expect that deal to be done; it's what Aurier has publicly expressed he's more that open to and what we need at right back is two young players in him and Jenkinson competing week-in week-out for first team football.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6348
Original post by Doppelgänger
I read that it's Ozil's presence in the team that is stopping Wenger from using his first refusal to sign Cesc and not Wilshere's. The reason being that Mesut and Cesc are of similar stature, price & role in midfield, and Wenger wants Ozil to have a stellar second season playing as many games as possible without Cesc stunting his progress. Seems reasonable logic to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is just press coming to their own conclusion- far fetch as always. Wenger knew last summer when we signed Ozil that Cesc was possibly going to be available this summer (words that came out of his mouth). He was interested then, pretty sure that he's still interested now IF Cesc is available.
Original post by jam278

Yeah added on to being PL proven, and counting towards home grown. LVG and Pellers (assuming yaya goes) should be on their knees for his signature.

Would chew my arm off for him back at Arsenal tbf but not sure where he would play, for a false 9 to work we need our wings to be on form, which means podolski needs to be replaced. I was wondering how he would fair in the role Arteta plays atm, he can keep the ball better than him and can push forward but with no real steel in the midfield we will probs get punished when he gets dispossessed higher up the pitch. Could go with the old Flamini-Fab but thats pretty unfair on Ramsey. Playing him as an AM would displace Ozil or push him onto the wing. So it just kinda seems he would be there when someone gets injured and tbh he's too good for that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278

Fabregas up front in the Prem would be suicide. I'd love him back to rotate in CM or CAM positions and to make us better able to cope with our inevitable injury crisis. Having said that there are other areas that need strengthening first.
Original post by De Chirico
Fabregas up front in the Prem would be suicide. I'd love him back to rotate in CM or CAM positions and to make us better able to cope with our inevitable injury crisis. Having said that there are other areas that need strengthening first.

I disagree, if you got a very good DM who could dictate play and will stay back you wouldn't have a problem with using fabregas up top, I'd assume that you'd have good wingers who will make runs into the channel. You play a slow style of football anyway, with Walcott and Chamberlain you have two players with the pace capable of making runs inbetween the fullback and centre back after initially stretching them.
Original post by Peggles_*
Anyone who thinks we don't need Cesc is a ****ing idiot. What happened when Ramsey, Ozil & Wilshere got injured? We were stuck with playing Arteta and Flamini together ffs. I don't ever want that rubbish to happen again. Never count on Diaby, because well, it's Diaby, Santi can blow very hot and cold and Tommy is a bit part player. We need Cesc, someone of his calibre wouldn't go amiss and if we could get him back there should be no debate.

If other players are unhappy about having more competition, tough ****, maybe they should try harder at displacing the player rather than having a moan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you're advocating signing a £30m+ player in case at least 4(Ramsey, Ozil, Jack and AOC) of our current midfielders get medium to long term injuries simultaneously?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Yeah added on to being PL proven, and counting towards home grown. LVG and Pellers (assuming yaya goes) should be on their knees for his signature.

Would chew my arm off for him back at Arsenal tbf but not sure where he would play, for a false 9 to work we need our wings to be on form, which means podolski needs to be replaced. I was wondering how he would fair in the role Arteta plays atm, he can keep the ball better than him and can push forward but with no real steel in the midfield we will probs get punished when he gets dispossessed higher up the pitch. Could go with the old Flamini-Fab but thats pretty unfair on Ramsey. Playing him as an AM would displace Ozil or push him onto the wing. So it just kinda seems he would be there when someone gets injured and tbh he's too good for that.

I think we could get away with fabregas in the arteta role against lesser teams that way we can accommodate ramsey and ozil, but one of them would have to be dropped against stronger sides. If this does happen it would make it hard to fit wilshere in though, but then again we will probably have plenty of injuries to give evryone a good run of games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We spend every season moaning about injuries and lack of squad depth.

Then when somebody like Cesc is available, people say we don't need him?? wtf

Man City (the champions don't forget) would never say "Let's not buy this world class player, we already have one in his position".

And don't bring up the money, cos nobody is using money as the reason for not wanting Cesc.
Reply 6355
For **** sakes

I'd be so pissed off if he went to Chelsea. Of course we are bound to get injuries, we need Fabregas.

He's literally asking to come back to Arsenal - and I'm sure I read an article a few years ago where Wenger was all like "Fabregas will always be welcomed back at Arsenal"
Have a really bad feeling Cesc will end up at one of our rivals.
Have the feeling were all getting done by paper gossip and Cesc won't even be in the PL next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everybody needs to just relax though tbh. We don't even know if he's really even leaving Barca at this point, let alone where he's likely to go. It's gonna be a summer-long saga so there's no point fretting and speculating now.
Reply 6359
Original post by e aí rapaz
Everybody needs to just relax though tbh. We don't even know if he's really even leaving Barca at this point, let alone where he's likely to go. It's gonna be a summer-long saga so there's no point fretting and speculating now.

If he ends up at somewhere other than emirates I'll be so pissed off. Anyone saying there won't be a place for him, well just look at our injuries. Everyone moaned about our lack of depth when Ramsey, ozil, cazorla, Walcott, Wilshere etc were out and now apparently we don't need any more players.

We have money. He wants to come back. I see no reason why we shouldn't buy him. Even if he is a luxury player- we should still buy him.

I don't get what the problem is, even if we fork out £30m it's fine. It's not like we have limited funds? We can go over £100m this summer and FFP won't chat **** to us.

I'd be so pissed off at Arsene if we don't get him

Latest