The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

if cesc goes to any other team in the prem other than us then he's worse than Iscariot
i'd respect him a lot more if he went to city rather than to us i think.

it would show he has character and a backbone and that he doesn't let his emotions force him in to irrational decisions
Reply 6362
Original post by baconbutty
i'd respect him a lot more if he went to city rather than to us i think.

it would show he has character and a backbone and that he doesn't let his emotions force him in to irrational decisions

What do you mean "us"

You told me you're a city fan
Original post by SHOO
What do you mean "us"

You told me you're a city fan

arsenal fan
wasn't this lad cesc screaming for barca's nuts sitting himself out claiming he was injured right before he went in 2011, talmbout homesick

fans are laughing this chap out of spain, whole team is catching heat this season

cesc is coming home and for 30mil i want 18 assists and 11 goals next season dpmo
Reply 6365
Original post by baconbutty
arsenal fan

Quite a turn around? What happened
Original post by 419
This is just press coming to their own conclusion- far fetch as always. Wenger knew last summer when we signed Ozil that Cesc was possibly going to be available this summer (words that came out of his mouth). He was interested then, pretty sure that he's still interested now IF Cesc is available.

Fair enough, but either way I don't get this hype of getting Cesc back. Don't get me wrong I'd be stoked if we landed him, but he's not a priority as I'm more concerned with DM, RB and CF positions. Cesc would be a bonus but for now he's a distraction we don't need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
So you're advocating signing a £30m+ player in case at least 4(Ramsey, Ozil, Jack and AOC) of our current midfielders get medium to long term injuries simultaneously?

Lol, your fellow Arsenal fans are going insane I think.

If you do get him, it'll be on high wages, and it'd result in Ramsey/Wilshere/AOC's development being stunted significantly.

You also still have Cazorla and Rosicky. Podolski and Walcott on the wings.

I can 100% see why you wouldn't buy him.

But it's going to be funny when CFC end up with:

Costa
Hazard - Oscar - Willian
Matic - Fabregas
Luis - Terry - Cahill - Azpilicueta
Courtois
Original post by Thugnificent.
wasn't this lad cesc screaming for barca's nuts sitting himself out claiming he was injured right before he went in 2011, talmbout homesick

fans are laughing this chap out of spain, whole team is catching heat this season

cesc is coming home and for 30mil i want 18 assists and 11 goals next season dpmo

Man like cesc should be on the first train back to Catalunya if he can't deliver famo. I expect messi performances from this chap since this is the homecoming of the prodigal son kmt.
Original post by Yawn-er

If you do get him, it'll be on high wages, and it'd result in Ramsey/Wilshere/AOC's development being stunted significantly.

Costa
Hazard - Oscar - Willian
Matic - Fabregas
Courtois

Or the more likely scenario is that Chelscum will buy Koke (who Barca are also interested in) and Cesc will stay at Barca. Cesc isn't a Mou player in the first place, he's an artist, not a destroyer and doesn't work hard enough defensively. I don't see why he'd let go of Mata/KDB and then buy Cesc 😕
Original post by Yawn-er

Costa
Hazard - Oscar - Willian
Matic - Fabregas
Courtois

Would be astonished if Cesc went to Chelsea tbh, really cant see him going there. Also think Mourinho would have a fit over having a player of such unbridled creativity and flair in his team, probably will sign Fellaini instead :laugh:

Outside chance of City though, but I think he'll stay at Barca.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6371
Original post by SHOO
If he ends up at somewhere other than emirates I'll be so pissed off. Anyone saying there won't be a place for him, well just look at our injuries. Everyone moaned about our lack of depth when Ramsey, ozil, cazorla, Walcott, Wilshere etc were out and now apparently we don't need any more players.

I understand your frustration... but even looking at injuries, it'd be a higher priority for me, and much more efficient in the long run, to just ****ing sort out the injuries once and for all than to sign Cesc to cover for them....

Original post by Doppelgänger
Fair enough, but either way I don't get this hype of getting Cesc back. Don't get me wrong I'd be stoked if we landed him, but he's not a priority as I'm more concerned with DM, RB and CF positions. Cesc would be a bonus but for now he's a distraction we don't need.

Original post by Yawn-er

Yeah, same.
Reply 6372
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Or the more likely scenario is that Chelscum will buy Koke (who Barca are also interested in) and Cesc will stay at Barca. Cesc isn't a Mou player in the first place, he's an artist, not a destroyer and doesn't work hard enough defensively. I don't see why he'd let go of Mata/KDB and then buy Cesc 😕

With the amount of players they are already letting go, Atléti will demand €60m for Koke, plus he's said a million times that he wants to stay there, so I doubt he's moving anywhere.

Wrt Cesc, no way he himself has made up his mind about his future at all since he hasn't even gotten a chance to talk with Enrique yet. Barça aren't close to sign a replacement either.

This will drag on at least until after the wc anyway though, so it's all speculation at this point.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6373
Original post by Doppelgänger

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a distraction. Him joining or not is not dependent on any other signing. The only issue would be money. Money isn't an issue. If we fail to get the required players elsewhere, wenger failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6374
All these on the back of a sentence by luis Enrique. Damn!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Would be astonished if Cesc went to Chelsea tbh, really cant see him going there. Also think Mourinho would have a fit over having a player of such unbridled creativity and flair in his team, probably will sign Fellaini instead :laugh:

Outside chance of City though, but I think he'll stay at Barca.

I doubt he'll be at Barca come August tbh. Guillem Balague just reported that he's being forced out by them, and they probably just want the 30 mil to buy Koke.

So if you guys don't buy him - because you don't need him, and City don't buy him (as Yaya'll probably be staying & they don't need him), then there's not many teams left.

Lots've ifs - but from the sounds of it, Fabregas wants to play in the EPL. If those City/Arsenal rule themselves out (which isn't clearcut at all), then there's not many options left.

Losing Luiz + Lampard means CFC are looking at a world-class CM, and there's not many around. Fabregas is available, so he's always an option, then Koke (Sky Sports reported), then Pogba.

We'll see. Should be interesting either way.
Jamie Jackson (Guardian): #mcfc not in for Fabregas

Darren Dein seems like a very busy man atm...
Reply 6377
Original post by Yawn-er
I doubt he'll be at Barca come August tbh. Guillem Balague just reported that he's being forced out by them, and they probably just want the 30 mil to buy Koke.

So if you guys don't buy him - because you don't need him, and City don't buy him (as Yaya'll probably be staying & they don't need him), then there's not many teams left.

Lots've ifs - but from the sounds of it, Fabregas wants to play in the EPL. If those City/Arsenal rule themselves out (which isn't clearcut at all), then there's not many options left.

Losing Luiz + Lampard means CFC are looking at a world-class CM, and there's not many around. Fabregas is available, so he's always an option, then Koke (Sky Sports reported), then Pogba.

We'll see. Should be interesting either way.

Atletico aren't selling koke below his b/o clause.

Ballague is a pandering populist. Has got many wrong in the past for someone that's supposedly got a lot of inside contact. Let's not bring his fairy tales into this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6378
Original post by little_tom
Jamie Jackson (Guardian): #mcfc not in for Fabregas

Darren Dein seems like a very busy man atm...

Only reason I wouldn't want cesc back us because of that prick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6379
Original post by Yawn-er

Balagué, Palmeri, Gallardo etc spew bull**** most of the time. People just belive they are reliable because their accents sound knowledgable.

Koke has a €60m release clause for all clubs including Barça. The story that Barça can get him for less because of Villa is a myth, no truth to that afaik.

And there are ~a million conflicting reports from reliable sources on Cesc, so most of the "news" are worth nothing.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest