The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Geography unit 4A 16/06/14

Thread for those sitting Geo4A in the summer, Couldn't find one.

How is everyone's course going? Currently we haven't even started Geo4A..slightly worrying :colondollar:

How is everyone elses going?

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Hiya!

Don't worry, it's an easily manageable exam.
My teacher had us doing one lesson a week on 4a, and we finished about Christmas time. Its just about knowing your AMRC and graphs inside out (aim, method, results, conclusion).
Shame it wasn't coursework though.
Where'd you go for your investigation?

Geog 3 is a worry for me... so much to know!
Reply 3
Hey we went to some quarry to study succession in shropshire!
I've started learning some of Geo4A my self, since we only have about 3 or 4 weeks after easter to do it in!

Agreed Geog3 is a killer, so much to cover!
Reply 4
For this exam, do we need to know our fieldwork results data as in the actual figures and numerical values?
Reply 5
Original post by Livaren
For this exam, do we need to know our fieldwork results data as in the actual figures and numerical values?

yeah i think so, it would be helpful anyway. For questions like 'which method of data analysis did you use' , if you are talking about a statistical test it's probably helpful to know the figures and how you did it :smile:
What do we actually need to know about our fieldwork for this exam? sounds like a stupid question but we haven't done anything on this since october and I'm freaking out slightly! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by katieemay1
What do we actually need to know about our fieldwork for this exam? sounds like a stupid question but we haven't done anything on this since october and I'm freaking out slightly! :smile:

I think things about your practical e.g method, why you did something
section B is just skills :smile:
Reply 8
Does anyone have strengths and weaknesses of synoptic charts? Thanks
Reply 9
I think i'm more worried about 4A than Unit 3.... hardly did any work on it at college after we went on the fieldtrip
I really don't know how to answer the questions like: 'how did this investigation make you a better geographer?' like what the hell?

We did a mock in school and nearly everyone got below a B. I thought that it would be similar to unit 2, but it is so much more difficult.
Hey everyone - I'm doing this exam! Did anyone go anywhere interesting for their fieldwork? We went to Valais in southern Switzerland, and measured how glacial meltwater characteristics changed over the course of a day :biggrin:
Original post by daisystones
Hey everyone - I'm doing this exam! Did anyone go anywhere interesting for their fieldwork? We went to Valais in southern Switzerland, and measured how glacial meltwater characteristics changed over the course of a day :biggrin:

Wow! I'm so jealous...we just went to our local river to measure meanders! Fun!
Original post by daisystones

That is incredibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I keep seeing people mention the Morpeth floods...do we have to know about this - is it a part of peoples fieldwork ? - because I have honestly not been taught a single thing about this!!
Reply 15
Original post by Elinor1109
I keep seeing people mention the Morpeth floods...do we have to know about this - is it a part of peoples fieldwork ? - because I have honestly not been taught a single thing about this!!

Thats for Geo4B!
we dont need to know that
Original post by CurtisDean
That is incredibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yeah it was pretty amazing 😀ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402590987.591485.jpg

The picture shows where we were working - you can just see the glacier at the top!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
The thing I find difficult is how do you stretch out an answer to be worth 8/10/12 marks on a question which such a small scope?
Reply 18
Just wondering if anybody has done a psammosere succession or anything similar for their fieldwork investigation because I'm freaking out a little what I can write about it?!
we've three days to go....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending