The Student Room Group

Critical Thinking OCR AS Unit 2 3rd June 2014

Hi all :smile:
How's it going with Unit 2 revision?

If I'm honest, I am going to leave it up until the last minute, as I have a massive history exam the day before (Edexcel A2 From Kaiser to Fuhrer: Germany, 1900-1945 if anyone else is doing it haha) which I am petrified of.

But I did do a past paper last night, and I will do 2 the day before the exam. I seem to be ok about thinking up my own arguments (I will hopefully get around 8/12 on those questions) but I struggle with the multiple choice ones! I'm just glad the grade boundaries for Unit 2 are lower than Unit 1 (an A in unit 1 June 2013 was 57/75, in unit 2 it was 49!)

Good luck :smile:
Reply 1
Just had that big history exam, it went ok-ish :smile: Just starting revising for this exam now! How's revision going for every one? I'm struggling to remember the definitions for the Latin words :frown:
Ad hominem - against the man....arguing against a person and not the argument.
Post Hoc - After the fact or making a link to something in the past that is not the correct cause of something.
Tu Quoque - You too or two wrongs don't make a right

Those three should cover it!
Reply 3
Original post by criticalthunker
Ad hominem - against the man....arguing against a person and not the argument.
Post Hoc - After the fact or making a link to something in the past that is not the correct cause of something.
Tu Quoque - You too or two wrongs don't make a right

Those three should cover it!

Ahh ok your definitions make them easier to remember, thank you :smile: How are you feeling about the paper?
Reply 4
How did everyone find it? I thought it certainly went a lot better than unit 1, but that's not saying much haha. :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Claree
How did everyone find it? I thought it certainly went a lot better than unit 1, but that's not saying much haha. :tongue:

I do feel more confident about this one than the unit 1 test :smile: I'm not too sure about my 12 mark answers, and in the multiple choice, all the answers with counter in them I think I did wrong XD

Quick Reply

Latest