The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

From what I'm hearing, talks with Aurier's agent has stopped and a deal has not been agreed

Swansea have also set a buyout clause of 19m for Bony.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm a big fan of Bony. His playing style is similar to Giroud, but this guy is faster,stronger, and has better finishing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
I'm a big fan of Bony. His playing style is similar to Giroud, but this guy is faster,stronger, and has better finishing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're playing style are slightly different because Giroud is more technically gifted which automatically maker him more useful to the Arsenal team.

There a common misconception going around that Giroud is not a good finisher. That is total BS. Giroud is an excellent finisher what he isn't is clinical most of the time. Faster? I don't think so. Strength? Giroud is an extremely physically fit individual, the fact that he's barely been injured is a testament to that. Maybe Bony knows how to make the most of his strength. Giroud is still learning the Target Man role tbf

Bony for £19M? No thanks, we have Giroud who cost us £9.6M who does the same job effectively. Giroud is very underrated.
I don't want Wilfred Bony, too expensive and we can do better. Plus you know these African players have the AFCON. So no,
Original post by sevchenko
They're playing style are slightly different because Giroud is more technically gifted which automatically maker him more useful to the Arsenal team.

There a common misconception going around that Giroud is not a good finisher. That is total BS. Giroud is an excellent finisher what he isn't is clinical most of the time. Faster? I don't think so. Strength? Giroud is an extremely physically fit individual, the fact that he's barely been injured is a testament to that. Maybe Bony knows how to make the most of his strength. Giroud is still learning the Target Man role tbf

Bony for £19M? No thanks, we have Giroud who cost us £9.6M who does the same job effectively. Giroud is very underrated.

Whilst I agree that we don't need Bony over Giroud, I think you've over praised him a little bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Whilst I agree that we don't need Bony over Giroud, I think you've over praised him a little bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd agree. Giroud is good but we can't afford to go with him as our main striker. It'd be a big joke if we do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Naaah, pork sausage!

If Cesc goes to the Chavs then I'm just done with football, cant take this **** anymore
Worst of all we'll all know Wenger passed up the chance to sign him and prevent strengthening a rival. If Cesc goes to Chelsea Wenger will probably come out with our midfield is full rhetoric. There are no excuses for Wenger anymore he has to win the league next season.

Giroud is an awful finisher, I can only remember him finishing one 1-on-1 situation (against Coventry). Bony is definitely faster, Giroud is the 2nd slowest player in our team (after BFG). He may be strong but he doesn't use his strength well at all. He allows himself to get shoved out of the game by opposition defenders far too often.

I do agree with you though that we don't need Bony. We need a different type of striker that can either support or replace Giroud. Someone like Remy/Vela/Benzema/Balotelli.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
If Cesc goes to the Chavs then I'm just done with football, cant take this **** anymore

PRSOM :frown:
Graham Hunter is not reliable. Don't you remember when he said Arsenal will not sell Fabregas for anything less than 90M? Or more recently when he got the Garay/Thiago transfers horribly wrong. Either way I would welcome Chelsea bids. We need other clubs to bid before we can use the first refusal.
Worst of all we'll all know Wenger passed up the chance to sign him and prevent strengthening a rival. If Cesc goes to Chelsea Wenger will probably come out with our midfield is full rhetoric. There are no excuses for Wenger anymore he has to win the league next season.

You're waiting for the bid to be accepted, Cesc will stall, Wenger will buy because of the contract.

If I was Mourinho I wouldn't touch Fabregas. Or would have tapped him up months ago in preparation for this. He's falling right into Arsene's trap.

Saying that I don't think there's much difference in quality between who you currently have(the guy with the very good peripheral vision and Ramsey) who play in Cesc's positions.
(edited 9 years ago)

Why spend 30m on a player you don't need?

Even if it is Cesc Fabregas.
Original post by Yawn-er
Why spend 30m on a player you don't need?

Even if it is Cesc Fabregas.

Willian? Salah? Vitesse's starting XI? You didn't "need" those players either.
Original post by little_tom
Willian? Salah? Vitesse's starting XI? You didn't "need" those players either.

I think Chelsea are crying out for a player like Cesc tbh, they'd win the title next year and challenge for the CL with him 100%
Reply 6438
Fee agreed (which I doubt) does not mean player agreed to join. Cesc probably wouldn't. And then there's still first refusal for Arsenal, as Jam said.
It will be entirely Wenger's fault of Cesc goes to Chelsea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest