The Student Room Group

Fine Art Applicants and Universities 2014!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0702
If you still feel it is not suitable for you when you finish the first year in Goldsmiths, is there any possibility that you can transfer to another place and continue the second year study? (such as Slade) This is also a problem I am confused now....
I also get offer from Goldsmiths but I don't want to start university in this year. I recently contact with the college and ask them whether I could apply a gap year... Hope they can admit it...

Yes, this is what I hope to do if it doesn't work out. :smile: But because Slade is so competitive, it's unlikely that there will be any space to transfer into the second year. I'd just have to hope for the best.
I didn't think Goldsmiths accepted deferred entry, but if you reapply after a gap year there's probably a good chance you'll get in again if you got in this time. Hopefully they'll defer your place though, good luck. :smile:
Reply 721
Original post by HelveticaBold
Yes, this is what I hope to do if it doesn't work out. :smile: But because Slade is so competitive, it's unlikely that there will be any space to transfer into the second year. I'd just have to hope for the best.
I didn't think Goldsmiths accepted deferred entry, but if you reapply after a gap year there's probably a good chance you'll get in again if you got in this time. Hopefully they'll defer your place though, good luck. :smile:

Yes, I just waiting their feedback firstly, but reapply is no big deal.:biggrin::biggrin:
Hi,
From this thread I am unsure who is hoping for Newcastle as their first choice? Has anyone had offers for Newcastle?
I am hoping for Newcastle so just wondering who was in the same boat?
Chester is my first choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 724
Hello, just wondering what a-levels any of you took before applying to places like goldsmiths & Chelsea ? Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annls
Hello, just wondering what a-levels any of you took before applying to places like goldsmiths & Chelsea ? Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to Goldsmiths, and I took Art, English, History and German, but they really don't care what subjects you take, nor the grades you get in them. It's all about your portfolio. Good luck.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest