The Student Room Group

Shaving vagina hair ?

I think it's good to be open here on TSR and so this is why I am posting this. Do people shave their vagina hair and if so what type of device do you use and the hair there is quite hard to remove I find, and grows back really fast. Do people think it is odd that I do this or is this the norm anything you have to say about this perhaps personal topic then feel free to post. We should be confident about our bodies and willing to share details such as this as we all have one after all !!

Scroll to see replies

Yep Yep I shave down there! I use my venus xtreme 3 blade which is really good because it like moves around so I can get those nooks and crannies! Hahha. Um yeah also it has this rubber bit at the top so that I'm less likely to cut myself. I've never cut myself in my lady parts yet which is good. Um yeah I actually cut it first with scissors it depends how much there is. Then I shave and I do it in the bathtub like lying on my back so with my legs up so I can pull my skin taught so that I don't cut myself. It's really boring and for me it doesn't grow back that fast in comparison to other parts of my body...legs underarms but when it does grow back it's like really thick and more...if you get what I mean. Yeah I think it's good to be open. Have you by any chance ever had a full body wax? I'm thinking of getting one but I'm scared...
sorry i am a bit confused.... surely hair does not grow in the birth canal ?
Reply 3
Original post by platosbesty
Yep Yep I shave down there! I use my venus xtreme 3 blade which is really good because it like moves around so I can get those nooks and crannies! Hahha. Um yeah also it has this rubber bit at the top so that I'm less likely to cut myself. I've never cut myself in my lady parts yet which is good. Um yeah I actually cut it first with scissors it depends how much there is. Then I shave and I do it in the bathtub like lying on my back so with my legs up so I can pull my skin taught so that I don't cut myself. It's really boring and for me it doesn't grow back that fast in comparison to other parts of my body...legs underarms but when it does grow back it's like really thick and more...if you get what I mean. Yeah I think it's good to be open. Have you by any chance ever had a full body wax? I'm thinking of getting one but I'm scared...

Ah nope I haven't but yeh I'd love to have that done of lazer hair removal something kinda permanent would be nice... I get a razor is the way forward and yeh how annoying it is when it goes back so fast and seems thicker damn AHHA they can surely just give people tablets ect to prevent hair growth ?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
sorry i am a bit confused.... surely hair does not grow in the birth canal ?

Not in the inside of the just round the opening like under the Bikini line :wink: yeh that would be odd hahah !
Reply 5
you could use creams to remove hair its much easier
Original post by MATHSPOW!!
I think it's good to be open here on TSR and so this is why I am posting this. Do people shave their vagina hair and if so what type of device do you use and the hair there is quite hard to remove I find, and grows back really fast. Do people think it is odd that I do this or is this the norm anything you have to say about this perhaps personal topic then feel free to post. We should be confident about our bodies and willing to share details such as this as we all have one after all !!

I don't.
Isnt the stubble prickly??

Get a wax or use veet...grows back smoother.
Reply 8
I'm considering professional waxing, but I don't know how to go about getting one done. In the future I would like to have it lasered off permanently.
Laser hair treatment the best down there probs? I heard it gives positive results..
Hair removal cream for me. Regrowth is soft not spikey and actually its smooth for a good five days.
Trim it with scissors if I have to then use a Gillette razor, I used to use Gillette women's Venus blades but I've found Gillette men's Fusion blades to be cheaper and just as good. I usually just put a towel down on my bed and fill a basin with warm water and sit across from my mirror and shave so I can see what I'm doing properly :redface: Thankfully I don't find hair down there grows back too quickly, and I have really sensitive skin so waxing and hair removal creams are out of the question for me.

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I don't.

Lmao.
Original post by syrettd
I'm considering professional waxing, but I don't know how to go about getting one done. In the future I would like to have it lasered off permanently.

I would like to have this done also :smile:
Original post by LolaLowe
Hair removal cream for me. Regrowth is soft not spikey and actually its smooth for a good five days.

It's just so expensive I find like £5 and I use up so much just in one go eurgh
Get a biology lesson, the vagina does not grow hair. You mean the vulva. It's quite simple. I assume posting a picture would be against TSR rules but just google image search "female genital anatomy" and there's lots of fun diagrams to teach you about fannies.
I would like to have this done also :smile:

Think it's meant to be really expensive though :frown:
It's just so expensive I find like £5 and I use up so much just in one go eurgh

I dont use that much, a tube lasts me five-ish weeks. I dont drink or smoke or do drugs so I dont mind paying out for personal grooming stuff like this!
I've had laser. I thought it would be painful but compared to waxing it's nothing lol. I'm glad I got it as it means a lot less hassle now. It's expensive but cheaper than waxing in the long run.
Original post by keturah
I've had laser. I thought it would be painful but compared to waxing it's nothing lol. I'm glad I got it as it means a lot less hassle now. It's expensive but cheaper than waxing in the long run.

How much did you pay in total?
Original post by keturah

Ooh was it totally successful? Any strays? Im planning on getting my entire body lazered from my neck down in the winter but im worried it will be a waste.

Quick Reply

Latest