The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
So if Real want to buy Suarez. We should totes get Benzema

Benzema
Griezeman Ozil Walcott
Ramsey DM

If Real get Suarez,Benzema might go the other way tbf. As for wingers, why not The Ox at LW? I personally love the kid and he offers everything we want in a winger; pace, trickery and ability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
As nice as it would be to have Fabregas back, and as sickening it will be to see him a Chelsea kit, we don't need him. There's no point in spending £30m on a player not needed. Had Wenger bought a striker last year and not Ozil, then Fabregas return would almost have been a certainty. But we have Ozil and Ramsey. And there's no shifting Ramsey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When everyone is injured by December and Flamini and Arteta are starting games together don't get mad.

We need depth, Cesc would add depth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
If Real get Suarez,Benzema might go the other way tbf. As for wingers, why not The Ox at LW? I personally love the kid and he offers everything we want in a winger; pace, trickery and ability.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As much as I love the Ox I love Walcott even more. Theo's spent too much time to get to where he is now and tbh I wouldn't say Ox has overtaken Theo yet anyway so he deserves to start. Obviously both could rotate for the spot.

I think Theo offers more pace. Maybe not as much trickery but he's certainly more clinical in the box. Ox will get his time soon

oh merty you
Reply 6484
Ox> theo. The only advantage theo has is that he's more defensively astute, mature and doesn't get frustrated easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6485
Original post by qwerty_mad
As nice as it would be to have Fabregas back, and as sickening it will be to see him a Chelsea kit, we don't need him. There's no point in spending £30m on a player not needed. Had Wenger bought a striker last year and not Ozil, then Fabregas return would almost have been a certainty. But we have Ozil and Ramsey. And there's no shifting Ramsey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say so bro. Last season, like every other season, we are often blessed with so many injuries in so many key areas. Do you remember the time when Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Rocisky and Walcott were all out at the same time? During that crucial period aswell! With the intensity that we play and train with, I think we definately need Fabregas. I've said this earlier too, there is absolutely no harm in having world class depth.

With Fabregas, Ozil can be given a breather, so can Cazorla and Ramsey & Fabregas' versatility will allow him to play in a lot of areas. We have the funds, so I see abosultely no reason why we can't spend £30m on him, and still pursue our other targets.

On the other hand, would you rather see this:-

Courtios

Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Azpilicueta

Matic Fabregas

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Or, would you rather want:-

Sczcensy

Aurier Merta Kosc Gibbs

DM Ramsey

Walcott Ozil/Fabregas Santi/Pod

Giroud/New striker

Obviously, with the amount of football we play and with the injuries we get, there will be room for rotation too

I think we do need Fabregas, and if we don't get him, and he goes elsewhere I'll cry :frown:
Former Germany midfielder Michael Ballack is concerned that Mesut Ozil has lost his way since joining Arsenal last year.

Spoiler

#Flop

Posted from TSR Mobile
apparently we want to sign german national team fitness coach, not sure on reliability of source tho;
http://goonertalk.com/2014/06/04/arsenal-expected-to-appoint-worlds-top-fitness-coach-from-german-national-team/
Reply 6488
Cesc is just as likely to get injured like everyone else. His record at Barca isn't pristine so you can't blame it on our medical incompetence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6489
Original post by Stopmessing
Former Germany midfielder Michael Ballack is concerned that Mesut Ozil has lost his way since joining Arsenal last year.

Spoiler

#Flop

Posted from TSR Mobile

k?

Current Germain star Mario Gotze says Ozil needs time, and shall reach greater heights at Arsenal.

I'll get you the source after breakfast.

#hater

Edit: not just him, Schweinstiger and other German players too.

#hater :eek:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6490
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
apparently we want to sign german national team fitness coach, not sure on reliability of source tho;
http://goonertalk.com/2014/06/04/arsenal-expected-to-appoint-worlds-top-fitness-coach-from-german-national-team/

That would be fantastic. I hope he signs and I hope he gets the freedom to make changes...
Original post by SHOO
k?

Current Germain star Mario Gotze says Ozil needs time, and shall reach greater heights at Arsenal.

I'll get you the source after breakfast.

#hater

Edit: not just him, Schweinstiger and other German players too.

#hater :eek:

He's an excellent player and certainly not a flop, but Ballack has a point - he seems to lose his head a bit sometimes, most notably when he missed the penalty at home to Bayern and away at Man City. When things aren't going right, he seems to sulk a bit rather than try hard to bounce back.
Original post by midgemeister7
He's an excellent player and certainly not a flop, but Ballack has a point - he seems to lose his head a bit sometimes, most notably when he missed the penalty at home to Bayern and away at Man City. When things aren't going right, he seems to sulk a bit rather than try hard to bounce back.

No point denying it...without even being biased, you can see there is an element of truth here. Ozil is a fine player, but it was his first season here, you can't really blame him. I do slightly agree with that last part, he seems to just give up sometimes in games but meh, he's been a great signing nonetheless, he's really helped out the team both on the pitch and psychological aspects. He can only become greater.
Ozil will go hard next season.

Calling it now.
Original post by 419
Cesc is just as likely to get injured like everyone else. His record at Barca isn't pristine so you can't blame it on our medical incompetence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Barca's injury record are almost as ridiculous as yours tbh.

They have permacrocks in Adriano, Puyol. Messi has been injured a lot the past year, Fabregas has been injured a bit too, Xavi gets ice on his heel after every 90mins.

They're pretty bad when it comes to managing people's fitness. Remember when Guardiola had to play Tello and Cuenca for long periods.
Original post by AR_95
So if Real want to buy Suarez. We should totes get Benzema

Benzema
Griezeman Ozil Walcott
Ramsey DM

Apparently, it's more likely we'd get Morata in that case for cut down price of £8m so long as Real Madrid have the 2 year buy-back clause. I think Morata would flourish alongside Giroud or up top alone with Ozil supplying and Walcott stretching defences alongside him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doppelgänger
Apparently, it's more likely we'd get Morata in that case for cut down price of £8m so long as Real Madrid have the 2 year buy-back clause. I think Morata would flourish alongside Giroud or up top alone with Ozil supplying and Walcott stretching defences alongside him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't want Morata unless we buytwo strikers. The guy is severely average and just surrounded by stars to make him look better. He's not our answer to winning the league. Even if a ozil supplies well you still need the quality to finish but from what I've seen Morata has been mediocre.

Still young but I'd much rather go for proven players right now. Suarez will cost a minimum of 70 million so Real will have to sell much more than Morata. Their better off selling Benzema and Di Maria since Morata could be a star for the future(for them)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
Ozil will go hard next season.

Calling it now.

It's a given.

New league, no pre season with us and not accustomed to not having a winter break.

He will definitely go ham next season because he's got a point to prove, some of the criticism he received was just disrespectful, he didn't have an awful season like people seem to think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can one of you lot fill me in on Philippe Senderos? Good move on a free for a team that has Vlaar & Okore first choice then the Chuckle Brothers as back up?
Original post by Peggles_*
It's a given.

New league, no pre season with us and not accustomed to not having a winter break.

He will definitely go ham next season because he's got a point to prove, some of the criticism he received was just disrespectful, he didn't have an awful season like people seem to think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm confident he can as well. He'll hopefully have a striker who runs forward as well. It's a massive year for him, next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest