The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology G544 revision thread!

Let's all help one another!
I thought I would start a revision thread for G544, anyone have any questions start here!!

I I have one, the predictions for G543 were pretty good so has anyone got any for G544? :biggrin:

happy revising! :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

everyone should check this resource out, which was given on the other thread by 'socially inept' :smile: !

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=156876&d=1339617951

I have a bad feeling that a debate will come up :/ although I won't mind if it's reductionism vs holism cause I did a whole presentation on that. urgh it's really hard to guess!
Reply 2
Ahhh revising for psychology again is sooo much stress. I need 163 Ums for an A :frown: so this paper has to be 90% to cover for the other one.
Reply 3
That is brilliant thank you so much!!n
Reply 4
I've literally just been focusing on yesterday's exam, so I haven't even looked at this. For part B, do we just need to know the assumptions and strengths & weaknesses of the approaches/perspectives?
Does anyone know which questions came up June 2013? I've got all the other ones from previous years so if anyone knows last years then I can work out what's not come up before etc. Although, as yesterdays exam proved for some people, trying to predict isn't necessarily a good idea!
Original post by Kelly-
I've literally just been focusing on yesterday's exam, so I haven't even looked at this. For part B, do we just need to know the assumptions and strengths & weaknesses of the approaches/perspectives?

Kinda, in section B they mainly ask you about approaches and perspectives but they might ask about debates as well ( like reliability or nature ). It's just like an advanced psychological investigations :smile:
Original post by mcampbell1996
Does anyone know which questions came up June 2013? I've got all the other ones from previous years so if anyone knows last years then I can work out what's not come up before etc. Although, as yesterdays exam proved for some people, trying to predict isn't necessarily a good idea!

Can't find it either, your teacher should have it if it hasn't been published on OCR for us to see... I'd read through the examiner report from June (which you can assess, I'm on it now) because it should give you some idea on what came up and sometimes if pupils don't do well on a subject that came up in the last exam they put it in again (to make sure the teachers are reading the reports and improving their teaching)
(edited 9 years ago)
If it helps, I sat this exam last year, and in section A it was all about questionnaires, and section B was on nature/nature combined with the behaviourist perspective or case studies.

This is the thread from last year which may have some useful notes for you, if you want to take a look at it. Good Luck.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2282772&page=29
Reply 9
Original post by RoseandHam
Kinda, in section B they mainly ask you about approaches and perspectives but they might ask about debates as well ( like reliability or nature ). It's just like an advanced psychological investigations :smile:

Ah, okay. Thanks! :smile:

I've done this already; I'm not home yet but I'll post it when I get home :smile: ill also put up the june13 paper and mark scheme for practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mkhan9035
If it helps, I sat this exam last year, and in section A it was all about questionnaires, and section B was on nature/nature combined with the behaviourist perspective or case studies.

This is the thread from last year which may have some useful notes for you, if you want to take a look at it. Good Luck.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2282772&page=29

I remember you from the core studies thread last year haha :') hope you got the grades you needed!

Thanks dude, will check it out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what is everyone predicting for section B?
Are the only studies for psychodynamic Freud and Thigpen and Cleckley??

My teacher has predicted psychodynamic!
for correlation what type of graph would you use??
Original post by harrietcarr
for correlation what type of graph would you use??

Scatter graph.
If a correlation was to come up do you have to use repeated measures design?

topics that haven't come up as a whole yet:
individual differences
psychodynamic
behaviourist
validity
observation
ethnocentrism
is psychology a science
determinism vs free-will
reductionism vs holism
usefulness of psychological research

however DO NOT rely on this, because some approaches have repeated - the cognitive and social approach.

and here's the june13 paper and mark scheme :smile:
Original post by jodie.irwin27
individual differences
psychodynamic
behaviourist
validity
observation
ethnocentrism
is psychology a science
determinism vs free-will
reductionism vs holism

however DO NOT rely on this, because some approaches have repeated - the cognitive and social approach.

Indivdiual differences hmmm.
Reply 19
Original post by jodie.irwin27
individual differences
psychodynamic
behaviourist
validity
observation
ethnocentrism
is psychology a science
determinism vs free-will
reductionism vs holism

THANKYOU JODIE THANKYOU THANKYOU. I've been scouring the internet all day to find the June 2013 paper hahaha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending