The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

21 aces for Raonic!

Shame he won't be playing the Wimbledon of 15 years ago.
Reply 801
Original post by ubi1
Gulbis to take out Djokovic on Friday?

Anything is possible. But it took Gulbis 5 sets to take out Federer, so I'm not convinced he'll beat Djokovic who's also been close to his best this tournament
Djokovic needs to work on serving out sets/ matches but overall great performance to beat a dangerous person like Raonic in straight sets! Match with Gulbis should be amazing I personally have never seen them play each other so should be fun. Hopefully the other quarters will be more competitive :biggrin:
Reply 803
Original post by Krish4791
Anything is possible. But it took Gulbis 5 sets to take out Federer, so I'm not convinced he'll beat Djokovic who's also been close to his best this tournament

I know Djokovic will win but I hope its a 5 set classic.
I think I'll go for Djokovic over Gulbis in 4 sets. I'm glad that Rafa will finally have some decent competition tomorrow, hasn't been stretched at all so far so it'll be interesting to gage what level he's playing at
Original post by lizzy95
I think I'll go for Djokovic over Gulbis in 4 sets. I'm glad that Rafa will finally have some decent competition tomorrow, hasn't been stretched at all so far so it'll be interesting to gage what level he's playing at

It's ferrer isn't it? To be honest I think Rafael will beat him ib straight setst

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 806
After seeing Sharapova wobble today I'm a little more optimistic of a Bouchard v Errani final, but it's still unlikely.

Ferrer v Rafa should be good tomorrow, reckon Ferrer might get a set off him. Rafa has been playing comfortably within himself though so he could just as easily step it up and do it in 3.
Original post by Kado
After seeing Sharapova wobble today I'm a little more optimistic of a Bouchard v Errani final, but it's still unlikely.

Oh hell. I hope not, Errani doesn't deserve to win a grandslam. Kuznetsova is someone who's been going under the radar this tournament but she's won it before so I hope she takes Errani out
Original post by Skkc16
Oh hell. I hope not, Errani doesn't deserve to win a grandslam. Kuznetsova is someone who's been going under the radar this tournament but she's won it before so I hope she takes Errani out

I agree, Errani's a pusher to be honest.

Disappointed Muguruza didn't take out the wailer, hoping Bouchard goes all the way.
Reply 809
Original post by ubi1
Gulbis to take out Djokovic on Friday?

Not a chance. There is more chance of Ferru beating Nadal than Gulbis beating Nole.
Reply 810
I hope Errani gets taken out before the finals. Don't wanna have to experience the torture of listening to that awful sound that she makes whilst hitting her shots in the final vs Maria. I can't believe people always pick on Maria for her shrieks but don't say a word about that midget's grunt or whatever you wanna call it. It is 100 times more annoying than Maria and Vika's sounds. Double standards of some people.
Reply 811
Original post by Roger1
I hope Errani gets taken out before the finals. Don't wanna have to experience the torture of listening to that awful sound that she makes whilst hitting her shots in the final vs Maria. I can't believe people always pick on Maria for her shrieks but don't say a word about that midget's grunt or whatever you wanna call it. It is 100 times more annoying than Maria and Vika's sounds. Double standards of some people.

:rofl:
Original post by Sirocco11
I agree, Errani's a pusher to be honest.

Disappointed Muguruza didn't take out the wailer, hoping Bouchard goes all the way.

Tbh I've got nothing against Maria but I just want a first time winner and given the options left I guess Bouchard will have to do but I think the occassion will be too much for her

Original post by Roger1

:lol:
Not forgetting how useless Errani is against Maria, akin to how useless Maria is against Serena. Such a match in the final is just a bad advertisement for tennis in general. I'd rather not
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
It's ferrer isn't it? To be honest I think Rafael will beat him ib straight setst

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Ferrer will get at least a set, even in his matches against nobodies Rafa has dropped serve so it isn't such a shock to think Ferrer will push him, even if it's in three tight sets
Reply 814
"... if we both play at out best, he will be better." Come on Ferrer, that's not how you psych yourself up before playing a match against Nadal!
Reply 815
"... if we both play at out best, he will be better." Come on Ferrer, that's not how you psych yourself up before playing a match against Nadal!

He didn't say anything wrong. He knows who is King and who is the pawn:wink:.

He knows it is a daunting task to beat Nadal at Roland Garros.
Reply 816
Ferrer did beat Rafa this year at Monte Carlo on clay so the match could be closer than most people think.
i reckon he'll take a set but Nadal will dominate. Would rather see Gulbis go through as well to be honest but fairly unlikely
Reply 818
Original post by ubi1
He didn't say anything wrong. He knows who is King and who is the pawn:wink:.

He knows it is a daunting task to beat Nadal at Roland Garros.

Lol :biggrin: I know that but someone like Gulbis would say: "I am the better player, I am not intimidated, etc." and actually fight for the win. This makes it sound like Daveeed has already accepted defeat
Therefore my prediction is Rafa in 3
Reply 819
Lol :biggrin: I know that but someone like Gulbis would say: "I am the better player, I am not intimidated, etc." and actually fight for the win. This makes it sound like Daveeed has already accepted defeat
Therefore my prediction is Rafa in 3

Gulbis isn't known for his modesty. Also Gulbis If he plays the way he did in Rome against Rafa in 2013 he has a chance of beating Nole if he cleans the lines :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest