The Student Room Group

Anyone sitting the HCS05 - Learning and Development AQA unit?

For health and social care A level?
Feels like we are the only school doing it...
Reply 1
I'm doing this exam!! 12th June! I don't know where to start...
Reply 2
Original post by Rosie96_x
I'm doing this exam!! 12th June! I don't know where to start...

Yay! What kind of thing has your teacher prepared you for? I'm convinced our teacher hasn't taught us everything we need to know as no one really know what's going to come up!

How much detail have you learnt all the treatments in? No idea what we have to know for those ...

I'm so happy to find someone else doing the exam haha
Reply 3
I could possibly have the worst teacher in the world, especially for this unit, she doesn't have a clue!!
so glad someone started a thread haha!

she has literally given us past papers from an old unit about theorists and it has nothing to do with it, because we are the first year doing it there is only one specimen paper and obviously we've done that during mock week.

Me and my class could not even begin to predict whats going to come up... I'm currently revising life style choices and behaviours. I seriously need to go over theorists and the illnesses/health conditions.

my weakest point is linking them all together! what other units are you sitting?
Reply 4
I could possibly have the worst teacher in the world, especially for this unit, she doesn't have a clue!!

she has literally given us past papers from an old unit about theorists and it has nothing to do with it, because we are the first year doing it there is only one specimen paper and obviously we've done that during mock week.

Me and my class could not even begin to predict whats going to come up... I'm currently revising life style choices and behaviours. I seriously need to go over theorists and the illnesses/health conditions.

my weakest point is linking them all together! what other units are you sitting?

I know same! Doesn't help that 8/10 my class are predicted Cs and D's so they never really focus the content... I think the lifestyle choices and behaviours aren't going to be too bigger part of the exam - it's more just making it up in the exam tbh...

How much info have you done for theories and feral children? We barely have anything on therapies and evaluating how succesully you can apply the theories like on the last question in the mock - what have you done on this?
Reply 5

What sort of things have you been given about the therapies section? I have no idea for that other than what's in the specimen paper... :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by kited4
What sort of things have you been given about the therapies section? I have no idea for that other than what's in the specimen paper... :s-smilie:

I don't know what you mean by therapies haha! Is it the strategies bit like behaviour modification?
Reply 7
I don't know what you mean by therapies haha! Is it the strategies bit like behaviour modification?

Yeahh.. like drugs and modelling and all that :/
I really don't get how much we have to know for it, what notes do you have for them?
Reply 8
Original post by kited4
Yeahh.. like drugs and modelling and all that :/
I really don't get how much we have to know for it, what notes do you have for them?

I'm pretty sure it just means you need to learn the definitions of them e.g. What drugs and treatment for cardiovascular disease and a child suffering from truancy will need behaviour modification (I think)
Reply 9
I'm pretty sure it just means you need to learn the definitions of them e.g. What drugs and treatment for cardiovascular disease and a child suffering from truancy will need behaviour modification (I think)

Ahh right... gosh this is so hard not having any text books or papers to go by :redface:

How do you go about applying Freud's theory to different settings, like in a nursery or care home?

sorry so many questions I'm just glad to find someone who's in the same boat :hugs:
Original post by kited4
Ahh right... gosh this is so hard not having any text books or papers to go by :redface:

How do you go about applying Freud's theory to different settings, like in a nursery or care home?

sorry so many questions I'm just glad to find someone who's in the same boat :hugs:

Ah I wish I could help, I haven't revised his theory thoroughly yet, it seems like such a weird theory! Have you chosen lennerberg or Chomsky?
Reply 11
Ah I wish I could help, I haven't revised his theory thoroughly yet, it seems like such a weird theory! Have you chosen lennerberg or Chomsky?

Ahh okay no worries - let me know if I can help :smile:

We've mainly covered Chomsky but we were taught a bit about Lenneburg as well as it's kind of an add on to Chomsky
I really hope we get a question on langauge acquisition as it's one of the new things we can actually prepare for in this exam! :colondollar:
Reply 12
I've learnt everything I can but I'm still convinced there's something which could come up that we haven't been taught

Quick Reply

Latest