The Student Room Group

A-Level Environmental Studies exams 2nd and 4th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Darkwarrior23
I'm pretty sure a subject that incorporates the term "studies" will not be more complex then geography so stop with your bias opinion

Go and look up the term studies in the dictionary. Lol how is AS chem and bio :P
Original post by propagation
Go and look up the term studies in the dictionary. Lol how is AS chem and bio :P

I know what studying is ofc... but business studies,environmental studies etc just sound like crap subjects, but it was your choice and I'm just expressing my opinion.. and its going pretty good tbh although Bio2 could've been a better constructed exam

I study geology, geography and environmental studies at A level. And yes all three over lap but there is a considerable difference between the three. Just because this subject is based on the environment does not mean we are all environmental activists, we get to learn about the components of the Earth e.g. hydrosphere, atmosphere and lithosphere at an in depth level. This subject is so valued as an A level that when applying for any earth science course it is a valued science requirement. Unless this joker studies both ES and geography he couldn't possibly understand. I think it's simply adorable he's so bored right now he feels the need to satisfy himself through the retaliation of others. Probably thinks because he's been on 4chan a couple of times and claims to be "anonamous" or whatever he's got the right.
I know what studying is ofc... but business studies,environmental studies etc just sound like crap subjects, but it was your choice and I'm just expressing my opinion.. and its going pretty good tbh although Bio2 could've been a better constructed exam

You are easily mislead, you sure you should be doing sciences for a-levels. Scientist should not be mislead by a label. You can't say it's a crappy subject if you have not studied it.
The reason the word studies is used is because they don't just link science to this course, you have to learn about legislation, economics ect... which might be linked to one scenerio.
It goes into more depth about flue gas de-sulphurisation from unit 1 chem for example, if it was for idiots they would have left out something like that and said a alkaline compound neutralises acid rain.
A subject that doesn't contain the word "studies"... but tbh as long as you want to join green peace after year 13 then go ahead with this fake geography course

"Just wondering- personally I'm dropping Maths because C2 exam was pure evil"

^ You serious bro... Common dude, how are you gonna manage to get on to a dentistry course with that attitude :'(
Ahh that's good! :biggrin:
I like the technical parts, but the ones more linked with pollution though.
Difference is fine, but you had to say from the mean as that's the main factor for the relationship. Which helps in terms of overlap of standard error bars and therefore whether the results are significant or not for each plant.

Oh okay, I kinda slipped up then but it was only a mark right?
Original post by behindblueglass
I study geology, geography and environmental studies at A level. And yes all three over lap but there is a considerable difference between the three. Just because this subject is based on the environment does not mean we are all environmental activists, we get to learn about the components of the Earth e.g. hydrosphere, atmosphere and lithosphere at an in depth level. This subject is so valued as an A level that when applying for any earth science course it is a valued science requirement. Unless this joker studies both ES and geography he couldn't possibly understand. I think it's simply adorable he's so bored right now he feels the need to satisfy himself through the retaliation of others. Probably thinks because he's been on 4chan a couple of times and claims to be "anonamous" or whatever he's got the right.

Haha.
It has made me more aware about what really is happening and by-passes a lot of the simplified stuff we here in the news. It also gives a clear significance certain activities generate. I think it's a great stepping stone for University.
You are easily mislead, you sure you should be doing sciences for a-levels. Scientist should not be mislead by a label. You can't say it's a crappy subject if you have not studied it.
The reason the word studies is used is because they don't just link science to this course, you have to learn about legislation, economics ect... which might be linked to one scenerio.
It goes into more depth about flue gas de-sulphurisation from unit 1 chem for example, if it was for idiots they would have left out something like that and said a alkaline compound neutralises acid rain.

I don't want to be a scientist bro :tongue: and I think you took my comment to heart I was merely bored and came across this thread :wink:
Original post by EmilyStrange13
Oh okay, I kinda slipped up then but it was only a mark right?

Only one, but they hopefully will understand some students don't do bio an maths and may give you the mark for acknowledging that it's something to with a difference.
I don't want to be a scientist bro :tongue: and I think you took my comment to heart I was merely bored and came across this thread :wink:

What is your plan then?
A bit odd that you would take 2 big science subjects unless you plan to go into something like law where you might apply it.
Original post by JammyGit07
"Just wondering- personally I'm dropping Maths because C2 exam was pure evil"

^ You serious bro... Common dude, how are you gonna manage to get on to a dentistry course with that attitude :'(

Haha I have a stalker now do I, and tbh I think I'd do better with geography at A2 then Maths :biggrin:
What is your plan then?
A bit odd that you would take 2 big science subjects unless you plan to go into something like law where you might apply it.

I want to do environmental studies at university so I don't need to be smart or a scientist :p:p
Only one, but they hopefully will understand some students don't do bio an maths and may give you the mark for acknowledging that it's something to with a difference.

okay, yeah I hope so but I really do regret not going over the stats stuff but I'm going to make sure I do as my teacher told me to go over it for ENVS4.
Haha I have a stalker now do I, and tbh I think I'd do better with geography at A2 then Maths :biggrin:

Gotta love a cheeky bit of internet stalking :wink: And ah you did the same as me, sacrifice a hard subject, pick up an easier one and get to the course you want. Fair play.

That said, the maths in BIOL2 was par with the AS maths exams tbh... Was slightly disappointed really.
Gotta love a cheeky bit of internet stalking :wink: And ah you did the same as me, sacrifice a hard subject, pick up an easier one and get to the course you want. Fair play.

That said, the maths in BIOL2 was par with the AS maths exams tbh... Was slightly disappointed really.

I'm annoyed because C2 was my favourite that and C1, I've always been weak in stats so I was expecting full ums on both so only 40 ums on stats for my A grade but that C2 exam let me down

And it wasn't the maths for me but I sacrificed soo much chemistry revision time to look at plants and stuff which then never came up and instead how science work questions came up which anyone even environmental studies students could answer with no prior knowledge ffs

So anyways you do environmental studies and biology? hmm...
Reply 95
Hey what did anyone put for the economic competitiveness question near the end? I put about the environmental impacts of coal and oil etc during extraction and use compared to renewable embodied energy
Original post by EmilyStrange13
okay, yeah I hope so but I really do regret not going over the stats stuff but I'm going to make sure I do as my teacher told me to go over it for ENVS4.

I wish you the best of luck with it :smile:
I don't think the stats stuff comes up in unit 4, but I would learn it incase.
I wish you the best of luck with it :smile:
I don't think the stats stuff comes up in unit 4, but I would learn it incase.

Thanks xD Yeah, I think my teacher said learn the practical skills more than anything and I will.
I'm annoyed because C2 was my favourite that and C1, I've always been weak in stats so I was expecting full ums on both so only 40 ums on stats for my A grade but that C2 exam let me down

And it wasn't the maths for me but I sacrificed soo much chemistry revision time to look at plants and stuff which then never came up and instead how science work questions came up which anyone even environmental studies students could answer with no prior knowledge ffs

So anyways you do environmental studies and biology? hmm...

I do A-level Chemistry,Biology,Physics,Pre-clin EPQ and accelerated enviro, because i want to do a medical course... and thus obviously hate free time ya'know...

Meh I wouldn't be complaining about the biology exam tbh, it was a gift.
I do A-level Chemistry,Biology,Physics,Pre-clin EPQ and accelerated enviro, because i want to do a medical course... and thus obviously hate free time ya'know...

Meh I wouldn't be complaining about the biology exam tbh, it was a gift.

Are you in year 12 or 13? :smile: I felt chemistry was more of a gift... sky high grade boundaries coming up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending