The Student Room Group

Aqa spanish a2 unit 3 12th june 2014

Hey, I realised that there wasn't a thread for this exam yet. Who else is doing it? How are you feeling/preparing?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, anyone any ideas on what might come up as translations? :smile:
Reply 2
I think the english -> spanish was environment last year so unlikely to be again
I'm doing the exam. I feel quite confident about the essay questions. The questions are so vague that they're so much easier than unit 1 essays.
Reply 4
does anyone have any good essay titles for the book?
How is everyone revising for this - I feel like I've done nothing but with only 3 past papers avaliable I'm not sure what else I can do?
Reply 6
translations and vocab for me. what book are you doing?/cultural topic?
Original post by blueberrysro
How is everyone revising for this - I feel like I've done nothing but with only 3 past papers avaliable I'm not sure what else I can do?

I'm feeling pretty much the same - there's not an awful lot more you can do. I'm making sure I know the cultural topic really well but generally the essay questions are always quite similar so shouldn't be too much of a problem :smile:
Original post by jsweetie2
translations and vocab for me. what book are you doing?/cultural topic?

La Casa de Bernarda Alba and Pan's Labyrinth, but I want to do the essay on the former
I'm just going to look through the booklet for each of my cultural topics and try to cram in some last minute vocab. There's nothing else I can do really. I hope it'll be ok though :smile:
Reply 10
I'm sitting this exam along with the French A2 the week after. I'm feeling pretty good as I haven't fallen below an A/A* all year, however I do worry that nerves in the exam will get the better of me. To prepare, I've done the past paper, and have just been immersing myself in the language whilst revising key vocabulary. I don't believe there is much more you can do, if you've put in the hard work and effort over the 2 years it should pay off.
Reply 11
Original post by Swimmer123
Hi, anyone any ideas on what might come up as translations? :smile:

Hey :smile:

I've noticed that every other year it is a question on the environment and it was pollution last year so I think something about the multicultural society!

How are you feeling overall about the exam?
Hello can someone please help me out. Can i talk about more than one region in section B or am i only limited to one spanish speaking region? Thank You
Hey there: I was wondering if I could use galicia as THE GEOGRAPHICAL REGION on the writing essay???? Help!
Reply 14
Original post by gabz_luna
Hello can someone please help me out. Can i talk about more than one region in section B or am i only limited to one spanish speaking region? Thank You

I don't know what the rules are, but the examiners reports say that candidates with a narrower focus do better. So one region might be more successful
I'm doing Como agua para chocolate and El burlador de Sevilla for my texts - I feel like there's nothing I can do now, either I can speak the language or not... (fingers crossed!)
Is anyone else doing La Casa de Bernarda Alba as their cultural topic?
Original post by Mabes
I don't know what the rules are, but the examiners reports say that candidates with a narrower focus do better. So one region might be more successful

Oh thanks man, are you doing a region aswell?
Original post by Swimmer123
Is anyone else doing La Casa de Bernarda Alba as their cultural topic?

Yes - hopefully we get a nice broad question!
Original post by blueberrysro
Yes - hopefully we get a nice broad question!

Yes I hope so! Hope it is something on themes

Quick Reply

Latest