The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 419
You couldn't even beat nigeria in a game they wanted to lose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They? Why would 'they' score a last minute goal if 'they' wanted to lose?
Original post by Alex Doran
England second team are currently drawing to Ecuador and apparently everyone seems to think that this means England will get 0 points in the WC. Going forward England have looked good and only 2 or 3 players playing tonight have any chance of being near the starting eleven. Just one question for everyone saying Italy and Uruguay will go through easily. What do you think of Italy 1 Luxembourg 1? If England got that result everyone would be completely slating them right now. Italy have now not won in 7 games since a 2-1 home win against Czech Republic in 2013. During that period they have failed to beat Luxembourg, Nigeria, Armenia, Denmark and the Republic or Ireland.
HOW CAN EVERYONE BE SO NEGATIVE ABOUT ENGLAND?

You have a severe case of the rustled jimmies
Original post by Jordooooom

For the lols duhh
Original post by NathanW18
I think it was borderline tbh. He only just touched the top of the ball. He was high, two footed and had his studs showing. It was a dangerous tackle. I agree with that. The ref sent him off, because Valencia reacted angrily.

i would say it would be considered borderline in a PL/CL match.
in a friendly, yellow at most.
definitely - i don't see the reasoning though
i don't see why he didn't have the guts the give sterling a yellow and valencia a red and just deal with the equadorian arguments.

Original post by Doppelgänger
Could argue that challenge was reckless and endangering seen as he had a lot of momentum as well as rolling over the ball with studs showing. Though the sending off is harsh and Valencia didn't help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Went in with two feet and studs up. It could easily have been a yellow but I have no problem with a red. No place for that in friendlies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i can see why the referee gave the red card, but he was wrong.
no bias towards sterling, i just don't think in a friendly match it is a red card challenge.

personally, i hate referees being more lenient in freindly matches; rules are rules in my view
but that isn't the point; the point is that the referee bottled it under pressure and sent sterling off so that equador wouldn't moan as much about valencia's red card.
Valencia you absolute mug, acting all hard when he hardly like that
Wilshere rubbish today. He won't be starting. Lampard was never going to play much but I don't really see what he can possibly add as a sub either.

Milner is not a RB. But everybody knew that anyway.

Sterling and Valencia clearly both deserved red. Sterling won't be starting for England now either.
Original post by Endless Blue
I saw that as well. Not sure it was deliberate, though.

Such a ridiculous reaction. Typical Utd player, what do you expect? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manners to apologies or help the player up. Valencia saw what he did and then walked off.

I hope he suffers a ridiculous injury like walking into a door and being out of the world cup.
You have a severe case of the rustled jimmies

You have an excuse for literally everything. You claim Scotland are better despite literally every single piece of evidence suggesting otherwise.
1. England are in the world cup, Scotland did not even get close.
2. England are 11 places ahead of Scotland in the world rankings
3. Scotland drew to Nigeria in there last game (a team ranked 44, considerably lower than Ecuador who England have been unlucky not to beat with a second team
4. England beat Scotland last time they played and Scotland have not beaten England in this century.

There is not a single thing that suggests Scotland are better other than your unfounded opinion which manages to avoid all facts.

I can only assume you didn't see this message which completely disproves your previous point and that is why you chose not to respond it. I have posted it above (again) to make sure you do manage to read it. Best of luck for finding a response that doesn't involved "bad luck"
Reply 9628

Boredom at how rubbish the scots were.

Posted from TSR Mobile
gots to be hopin that the ox injury aint srs
Original post by little_wizard123
Wilshere rubbish today. He won't be starting. Lampard was never going to play much but I don't really see what he can possibly add as a sub either.

Milner is not a RB. But everybody knew that anyway.

Sterling and Valencia clearly both deserved red. Sterling won't be starting for England now either.

Lampard adds a goal threat better than any other midfielder
Original post by manchesterunited15
Lampard adds a goal threat better than any other midfielder

But this is hindered by the complete lack of mobility.

Yeah, i dont expect him to play much, but if we're a goal down with 20 to go you'd want him

MObility or Ability?
He is a decent player but he is nowhere near Gerrard, Henderson or Wilshere.
Yeah, i dont expect him to play much, but if we're a goal down with 20 to go you'd want him

Perhaps. I'd rather we brought on the likes of Sterling, AOC or Barkley though.
Reply 9635
lol there's no way that's a red. Even then linesmen who was stood right next to it signaled for a throw-in, not a foul.

Yea it was a foul, because it was high, but I wouldn't call it dangerous. He's gone in high IN FRONT of the player, rather than at the player, hence why he didn't catch Valencia at all. I wouldn't even give a yellow.

So essentially Sterling has been sent off because Valencia threw his arms at him. And now Hodgson will use this as an excuse not to play Sterling.
Perhaps. I'd rather we brought on the likes of Sterling, AOC or Barkley though.

Hmm, I'd hope two of those would be on the pitch already, but maybe yeah. Only AOC is a CM though
Original post by Alex Doran
MObility or Ability?
He is a decent player but he is nowhere near Gerrard, Henderson or Wilshere.

Hard to compare them really, but it's amazing that Henderson is above these two in the CM pecking order given who they are. He deserves to start though.
Hmm, I'd hope two of those would be on the pitch already, but maybe yeah. Only AOC is a CM though

I'm a fan of AOC. Well ahead of Barkley and Sterling right now. Just has that extra reliability without losing any flair.
I love how dismissive Wright was of Jones and Smalling.

Thank **** neither of them will start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest