The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
I don't want Morata unless we buytwo strikers. The guy is severely average and just surrounded by stars to make him look better. He's not our answer to winning the league. Even if a ozil supplies well you still need the quality to finish but from what I've seen Morata has been mediocre.

Still young but I'd much rather go for proven players right now. Suarez will cost a minimum of 70 million so Real will have to sell much more than Morata. Their better off selling Benzema and Di Maria since Morata could be a star for the future(for them)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand your point but he must be better that severely average as he's highly regarded in Madrid. He simply hasn't had the chance or backing to shine with a sufficient run of game. At AFC, game time is something he'd definitely get and he's a better prospect than Sanogo for sure.

True! I too would like a proven world class striker so fair enough. On the topic of Di Maria, if he's sold by Madrid that would be terrible treatment as this year he has shone in their shirt for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wilfred Little
Can one of you lot fill me in on Philippe Senderos? Good move on a free for a team that has Vlaar & Okore first choice then the Chuckle Brothers as back up?

He's what might be generously be described as a 'cultured defender', intelligent in his positioning, quick, decent interceptions, distribution etc. Tendency to completely crumble under any kind of sustained pressure though, absolute hates physical strikers(Drogba raped him soooooooooo often), poor in the air.

If Vlaar is your first choice, then you have bigger problems than Senderos though :wink:
Original post by Zürich
He's what might be generously be described as a 'cultured defender', intelligent in his positioning, quick, decent interceptions, distribution etc. Tendency to completely crumble under any kind of sustained pressure though, absolute hates physical strikers(Drogba raped him soooooooooo often), poor in the air.

If Vlaar is your first choice, then you have bigger problems than Senderos though :wink:

Are you taking the piss? Senderos was a shower of *****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pique_LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

this.
Original post by Zürich

Nice, didn't realise he was 29 either so he's got a few years left in him yet. It's gone down like a lead balloon with our fans though, not really sure why tbh.

Just seen the other posts, was this a wum? :frown:
Nice, didn't realise he was 29 either so he's got a few years left in him yet. It's gone down like a lead balloon with our fans though, not really sure why tbh.

Just seen the other posts, was this a wum? :frown:

I thought I described him pretty fairly tbh, I dont see how describing a centre back as being liable to crumble under pressure or get dominated physically is a glowing review anyway. He has certain attributes (in theory at least) that got him in the door at Arsenal and AC Milan though, I can recall games when he played brilliantly, but as I say he is mentally very weak and unreliable. Play him against a Lukaku and he's bang in trouble.

Personally wouldnt have signed him in Villa's position, would have got Hangeland.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure what you mean.

Just because a player was a failure overall doesnt mean he lacks virtues. I wouldnt give Gervinho a glowing review overall but I can still think of things he did very well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Can one of you lot fill me in on Philippe Senderos? Good move on a free for a team that has Vlaar & Okore first choice then the Chuckle Brothers as back up?

Well for starters he was awful from the games I remember. So happy we got rid of him, every time we had him in our back 4 I was always on edge.
Right cheers for the feedback lads, sounds like we should prepare for the worst (in footballing terms).
Some very intesting tweet from this account from a AST meeting regrading Arsenal future.

https://twitter.com/PR_WhoRu

tbh I really like he idea of the major redevelopment to Arsenal's youth.
Original post by Zürich

Not sure what you mean.

Just because a player was a failure overall doesnt mean he lacks virtues. I wouldnt give Gervinho a glowing review overall but I can still think of things he did very well.

If someone asks you to fill them in though you sum up the player. If they asked for the players strengths then fair enough. Either way Senderos is appalling.

Also Smalling is the worst CB I've ever seen. An absolute embarrassment to our nation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6510
If someone asks you to fill them in though you sum up the player. If they asked for the players strengths then fair enough. Either way Senderos is appalling.

Also Smalling is the worst CB I've ever seen. An absolute embarrassment to our nation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything in this post :facepalm2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
Everything in this post :facepalm2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate who even are you? Keep your opinions to yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So Ox had an injury scare today, if it ends up being a serious one, at least Uolkott will be back. :biggrin:
Reply 6513
Mate who even are you? Keep your opinions to yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah moite

Posted from TSR Mobile

You spelt mate wrong. I assume you are an immigrant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6515
You spelt mate wrong. I assume you are an immigrant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah. Born and bred in hm peninsula.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6516
Original post by sevchenko
Some very intesting tweet from this account from a AST meeting regrading Arsenal future.

https://twitter.com/PR_WhoRu

tbh I really like he idea of the major redevelopment to Arsenal's youth.

Fair play to gazidis for carrying on with this. After AST's reaction post villa game, he was well within his right to put an end to this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
Fair play to gazidis for carrying on with this. After AST's reaction post villa game, he was well within his right to put an end to this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There reaction was completely justified though, we had done absolutely nothing up until then and made a fool of ourselves in the market.

In other news, the mics in Spain's press conference picked up Pique telling Del Bosque that Cesc said a deal has been done and it's for 33 million euros. That is our buy back clause!! Of course this could be complete bull**** but you never know! One can only hope, because if he ends up at the Bridge, I will have no choice but to burn it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
In other news, the mics in Spain's press conference picked up Pique telling Del Bosque that Cesc said a deal has been done and it's for 33 million euros. That is our buy back clause!! Of course this could be complete bull**** but you never know! One can only hope, because if he ends up at the Bridge, I will have no choice but to burn it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cesc wouldn't go anywhere besides Arsenal for that price. The Barca fans would be in uproar.

I honestly think they're both trolling
Original post by Peggles_*
There reaction was completely justified though, we had done absolutely nothing up until then and made a fool of ourselves in the market.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The video is here: http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20140604/pique-somos-candidatos-pero-unicos-favoritos/948450.shtml It's in Spanish though

Latest