The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmperorMustard
All because some bloke on Spaolnish radio said he's going to Chelsea. No idea why people instantly trust journalists with exotic names, the Spanish media is seriously toxic.

Well have you got something wrong in your brain because Pique is not just some Spanish bloke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6561
Original post by e aí rapaz
Where has the Chelsea rumour even come from? Just cos somebody saw him in London?

Lampard leaving. Since it was announced, it's picked up.
Original post by 419
Elaborate on why it's straw clutching.

If we have had talks with him, it's not infeasible that we or Barca have told him how much he costed to us.

Anyway if Fabregas isn't having his medical by tomorrow for Chelsea, he is going to be an Arsenal player. We're going to have inadvertently strengthened you guys.
All because some bloke on Spanish radio said he's going to Chelsea. No idea why people instantly trust journalists with exotic names, the Spanish media is seriously toxic.

Hmm, well considering Enrique is willing to sell and Pique has said that he is leaving for 32M I wonder.

It feels so weird that they were able to speak with the mics there and not notice, that's what I'm confused about tbh.
Why would Cesc even think of doing this to us man. I still think he won't go to Chelsea, but if he did move to our rivals I would go berserk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6565
Just wait until it's official, as far as I know the "Chelsea" bit is still rumour.

That said, players should just ignore fans. They are just totally irrational.
Reply 6566
Original post by jam278
If we have had talks with him, it's not infeasible that we or Barca have told him how much he costed to us.

Anyway if Fabregas isn't having his medical by tomorrow for Chelsea, he is going to be an Arsenal player. We're going to have inadvertently strengthened you guys.

That line of thinking doesn't really makes sense. Say you did buy him for 25m and told him, it's gross underpayment for him so he and his are going to ask loads more money signing on bonus, salary wise etc. So, why would you tell him?

Barca might've told him to make him know how much they didn't want him. But that could turn into a PR disaster for them
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
If Arsenal rejected the chance to sign him, can we blame him???

He's at Barca, the club he yearned all his life to play for, he can refuse to leave and wait to see what happens over the next 12 months cant he?

If Cesc has any principle then he wont join Chelsea.
Original post by 419
Lampard leaving. Since it was announced, it's picked up.

So it's come from nothing? Good to know, I can go back to ignoring it.
oi real talk though cesc is cancer for the squads brehs

after he became a sure starter for us post 2004 we didn't win ****

now look at him at barca struggling

now he finna hit dusty ol' south west london and win nothing with em for 2 years before jetting off to join philadelphia fc or what ever the **** retirement us team in 2016
Original post by Zürich
He's at Barca, the club he yearned all his life to play for, he can refuse to leave and wait to see what happens over the next 12 months cant he?

True. Why does he have to leave right now?
Reply 6571
Original post by Zürich

Tbh, Cesc doesn't have any principle.
Original post by Pique_LOL
Well have you got something wrong in your brain because Pique is not just some Spanish bloke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not talking about Pique and he didn't say he's going to Chelsea.
Original post by llys
Just wait until it's official, as far as I know the "Chelsea" bit is still rumour.

That said, players should just ignore fans. They are just totally irrational.

Arsenal fans are unfollowing Fab all because of this :lol:. We're so pathetic.
I'm not talking about Pique and he didn't say he's going to Chelsea.

Well why are you doubting the credibility then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find it weird that no-one else had a bidding war with Chelsea tbh, to get Fab at 25m is bargain bucket type stuff. Maybe there was truth in him wanting to return to the PL/Lndn etc.
Original post by 419
Why would clubs be required to let agents know the fee?
Their fees are usually related to the transfer fee. They couldn't agree an agents fee without knowing the details of the transfer. I would also think the transfer fee factors in wages, as with the first Cesc deal he had to take a wage cut to get the deal though. The two sides cannot be independent of one another.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
I find it weird that no-one else had a bidding war with Chelsea tbh, to get Fab at 25m is bargain bucket type stuff. Maybe there was truth in him wanting to return to the PL/Lndn etc.

But it won't be for £25m, only we could pay that because that's what our clause is. For everyone else it would be at least £30m because Barca won't want to make a loss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
That line of thinking doesn't really makes sense. Say you did buy him for 25m and told him, it's gross underpayment for him so he and his are going to ask loads more money signing on bonus, salary wise etc. So, why would you tell him?

Barca might've told him to make him know how much they didn't want him.

He's not necessarily going to ask for more salary if we underpaid for him, although there's not much of a point for us to tell him how much we paid for him. But regardless, if he knows how much he's leaving for somebody must have told him.

Maybe so, Barca are pretty immoral people in the world of football, it's great if Fabregas leaves them though considering what they did to get him. Quite funny tbh. Fabregas to me seems like a guy who tells his problems outside of the media to his friends, who then talk about him.

He's a sly rat tbh. Been saying this for time. If he does go to Chelsea and not Arsenal, just proves how much of a **** he is, but I knew that already.
Original post by Pique_LOL
Well why are you doubting the credibility then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because a bloke called Roger Saperas said Chelsea was a done deal and now it's all over Twitter. I doubt anybody knows who Saperas is.