The Student Room Group

Universities and biology courses for CBB/CCB

Anybody got any suggestions for Universities that are good for Biology courses, yet have entries of around C's maybe with some B's

Always set my heart on University so it would be hard not to go to one, especially because I chose subjects specifically for a science future as I did we'll at GCSE.
I took History, Biology, Chemistry and Maths at AS and was planning on dropping history.

The problem is I've struggled at AS, and whilst I believe ill be much better at A2 as I know everything is riding on it, I can't be looking at my original choices. Overall I think ill do best at Biology and I enjoy it, so want to take that on.0
Reply 1
Original post by mouseshouse
Anybody got any suggestions for Universities that are good for Biology courses, yet have entries of around C's maybe with some B's

Always set my heart on University so it would be hard not to go to one, especially because I chose subjects specifically for a science future as I did we'll at GCSE.
I took History, Biology, Chemistry and Maths at AS and was planning on dropping history.

The problem is I've struggled at AS, and whilst I believe ill be much better at A2 as I know everything is riding on it, I can't be looking at my original choices. Overall I think ill do best at Biology and I enjoy it, so want to take that on.0

You could apply for a foundation year.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Reply 2

I believe there are universities that will accept those grades although I don't know how good they would be for biology, this website allows you to search for university courses by UCAS points http://www.ukcoursefinder.com/search.aspx

As the person above said a degree which includes a foundation year is another option, I think it would be beneficial as it will prepare you for degree level study and get your work up to a higher standard :smile:
Reply 3
Sorry about taking ages to reply, been a bit stressed and didn't think about it. Will probably have to do a foundation year or something, as unless I become amazing at A2 it will be very hard to get in UNIs with my grades
Reply 4
Sorry about taking ages to reply, been a bit stressed and didn't think about it. Will probably have to do a foundation year or something, as unless I become amazing at A2 it will be very hard to get in UNIs with my grades

It doesn't have to be a bad thing though, doing a four year degree means that in your foundation year they know what areas you need to be prepared in. It will also give you a year to get used to the teaching and work structure :smile:
Of course there are! If you want to check, try UCAS (http://www.ucas.com/) and use the search option, it's really easy to type in the course you want and check for the grades they need. They'll be plenty with those grades (I know, because I was looking for universities that offered biology within that grade range) :smile: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending