The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
Now DailyStar are reporting he has passed a medical :lol:. That's basically means he didn't have a medical.

Diego Costa supposedly had a medical for Chelsea today...would've been easy to do Fabregas at the same time.

Just sayin'

I'm not completely convinced though, although I'd say he's exactly what Chelsea need.
Original post by Zürich
Seems like he only wants to use Arsenal when it suits him then. Those are the actions of a turncoat and a rat.
Feel bad for you man, need to put you faith in Carl Jenkinson and leave it there or you'll just be disappointed. Not much loyalty in football these days. I go through the United squad now and ask how many of them are United through and through, perhaps 3-4? Shame.
Original post by jam278
Look at it properly though, Chelsea have to bid first, Barcelona have to accept afterwards for Arsenal to go in for him.

Considering Wenger and Fabregas talk to each other, this isn't going to be as simple as people think.

It's some amazing bait that Wenger has set. As Arsenal are now in a position to spend that kind of money for Cesc too, it's as if Wenger has planned this ****.

Yeah. This has shenanigans written all over it.

This was gonna be wheeled out at some point, so I'll be that guy:

Wenger:

Reply 6603
Original post by heyimbored
Diego Costa supposedly had a medical for Chelsea today...would've been easy to do Fabregas at the same time.

Just sayin'

I'm not completely convinced though, although I'd say he's exactly what Chelsea need.

If he did, having just watched the video, it makes sense.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
How about he tells Barca that he's staying where he is, because he hasnt got any acceptable offers?

Barca DNA and all of the BS he spouted about them, and he'll chuck them in for Chelsea ?

Wenger fought tooth and nail to keep Cesc for years, was absolutely devastated when he left as the team was built around him. Now that we dont need him, he fancies joining Mourinho does he? Seems like he only wants to use Arsenal when it suits him then. Those are the actions of a turncoat and a rat.

Fabregas is a rat. The guy went on strike ffs and Wenger didn't play him in a single pre-season friendly for a reason.

If he goes Chelsea it just confirms what should have been known in 2011, considering he was complaining about being held at Arsenal and allowed his future team mates to disrespect his whole club.

Why is he going to stay at Barca when he's clearly not wanted there? Anyway mr Iscariot already has been into the Akeldema field after being at Barca.

I like Luis Enrique. Interesting guy who seems to not GAF.
Original post by qua
He is leaving, but it isn't even clear Piqué is talking about Cesc in this video. RTV just cut it that way. They might as well be talking about e.g. Costa, if they mean pounds. Doubt it of course, but imo this video doesn't prove much :dontknow:

But then in the video that Little_tom translated, he went and said something along the lines of "**** my life"
Why would he care that a player from Atlético is going to Chelsea?
Original post by Pete_91
Yeah this is suspicious, I expect it's because everyone (bar Chelsea) thinks Wenger will activate the buy back clause.

I reckon that's the case tbh.

Chelsea are taking bait. I reckon Barca would be more willing to sell to us as well. But will the buy back clause mean matching Chelsea's bid, or does it mean just paying 25M.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qua
He is leaving, but it isn't even clear Piqué is talking about Cesc in this video. RTV just cut it that way. They might as well be talking about e.g. Costa, if they mean pounds. Doubt it of course, but imo this video doesn't prove much :dontknow:

Just seen the video and Pique says Cesc when referring to the 33m. I don't know if this is a serious troll but I wouldn't have thought Barca would sell to Chelsea and Mourinho considering the history between the two.
Btw, I was planning on buying the no.10 shirt for Chelsea next season for my Belgium don Hazard, but I think I'll postpone the shirt I buy. I love my central midfielders.
Original post by Fizzel
Feel bad for you man, need to put you faith in Carl Jenkinson and leave it there or you'll just be disappointed. Not much loyalty in football these days. I go through the United squad now and ask how many of them are United through and through, perhaps 3-4? Shame.

It's much worse at Arsenal than at Utd because of the difference in atmosphere that Wenger has created compared with Fergie. Wenger genuinely wishes players who leave well, and I think actually takes pride when they do, whereas Ferguson would probably lamp anyone who left given the chance. RVP was eating with the AFC squad in the home dressing room post match last April FFS. How is leaving AFC for a hated rival supposed to be taboo when you;re invited back for tea and cucumber sandwiches months later? And it's become a 'thing'. Spend a few years at Arsenal, move on if something comes up and dont worry about it. What's one more turncoat amongst the others? Love AW to bits but I really resent that he's fostered that kind of mentality.

Also looking back, I've always wondered why we didnt win anything with the team we had 2008-2011. How could we with a squad lined with the likes of Nasri, Gallas, RVP, Song, Cesc, Adebayor, Arshavin, Clichy, Flamini, Bendtner

Talk about a ****ing snakepit.

British players are the only ones you can hope to get genuinely loyalty from these days. Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Jenkinson wouldnt **** us over I'm sure(AOC and Walcott would though). Mertesacker, Koscielny, Rosicky, Diaby are all pretty decent lads though tbf.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by baconbutty
1. why would he want to accept being a bit part player next season?

2. barca might have a transfer ban so need him to leave now or he could potentially leave on a free in 2016

That's quite an interesting point...

No wonder they're doing business so early too. Reckon City aren't going for him because of FFP. Although Fabregas counts for homegrown rules, maybe they're scared of taking the bait.
Reply 6609
Original post by jam278
Fabregas is a rat. The guy went on strike ffs and Wenger didn't play him in a single pre-season friendly for a reason.

If he goes Chelsea it just confirms what should have been known in 2011, considering he was complaining about being held at Arsenal and allowed his future team mates to disrespect his whole club.

Why is he going to stay at Barca when he's clearly not wanted there? Anyway mr Iscariot already has been into the Akeldema field after being at Barca.

But then in the video that Little_tom translated, he went and said something along the lines of "**** my life"

Chelsea are taking bait. I reckon Barca would be more willing to sell to us as well. But will the buy back clause mean matching Chelsea's bid, or does it mean just paying 25M.

There was a cut after he mentioned cesc and when the price was mentioned. Almost like 2 different conversations.
Original post by jam278

Why would he care that a player from there

It wasn't really a strike per say, but rather the club and Cesc had come to an agreement that he would be sold in the summer so opted not to play him for the rest of the season (Source: today's Arsecast!) especially considering that the club begged him to stay for one more season and he did.

Barca may be more willing to sell to you but tough ****, we have first refusal and so what they want becomes irrelevant! Other clubs have to bid in excess of £30m (which makes no sense considering his buy out clause is more than that I believe) but we can get him back for just £25m

If Cesc ends up at CFC it will be Wenger's fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich

British players are the only ones you can hope to get genuinely loyalty from these days. Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Jenkinson wouldnt **** us over I'm sure(AOC and Walcott would though). Mertesacker, Koscielny, Rosicky, Diaby are all pretty decent lads though tbf.

Yeah Walcott is definitely a grade A snake.

100k man. Probably is worth 100k a week wages though looking at it now tbf but Walcott basically just did a Rooney.
Original post by jam278
That's quite an interesting point...

No wonder they're doing business so early too. Reckon City aren't going for him because of FFP. Although Fabregas counts for homegrown rules, maybe they're scared of taking the bait.

Wait...what if Cesc refuses to leave and goes back to us for free later on?

#Wengernomics
Reply 6613
Original post by jam278

It was VdB who said that, not Piqué. It seems like they're joking to me. And still, no mention of Cesc. They really could be talking about Costa, or whatever. I do believe he's off, but the video isn't much proof.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pete_91
Wait...what if Cesc refuses to leave and goes back to us for free later on?

#Wengernomics

He'll be rotting on Barca's bench for 2 years then.
Original post by jam278
He'll be rotting on Barca's bench for 2 years then.

Ah it's 2 years misread that as 2015.
Original post by qua
It was VdB who said that, not Piqué. It seems like they're joking to me. And still, no mention of Cesc. They really could be talking about Costa.

That's true.

Fair enough, I think it's unlikely. I reckon that Barca do want to sell to us though.
Original post by jam278
Yeah Walcott is definitely a grade A snake.

100k man. Probably is worth 100k a week wages though looking at it now tbf but Walcott basically just did a Rooney.

There are certain players you just know would **** you over given a chance, not even the obvious ones as well. Like friends who tell you they love you when drunk but you wouldnt trust them with your sister for a minute :laugh: Giroud is another one I am 100% sure would have no probs doing us over so so badly

Which is why I dont give a toss about any of the **** Ozil, Podolski etc post on twitter because it's all just PR/fun for them. But I genuinely believed that Cesc was an Arsenal man through and through and that leaving for Barcelona was a genuine one off situation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pete_91
Ah it's 2 years misread that as 2015.

It's because of the transfer ban. So if they lose 2 transfer windows(after this summer) that means that they'll only have 1 more transfer window to sell him at the end of his contract...
Original post by Zürich
How about he tells Barca that he's staying where he is, because he hasnt got any acceptable offers?

Barca DNA and all of the BS he spouted about them, and he'll chuck them in for Chelsea ?

Wenger fought tooth and nail to keep Cesc for years, was absolutely devastated when he left as the team was built around him. Now that we dont need him, he fancies joining Mourinho does he? Seems like he only wants to use Arsenal when it suits him then. Those are the actions of a turncoat and a rat.

You make it sound as though he WANTS to leave? He's the one that loves Barca, but what's he supposed to do when he's been told to piss off?

And what's he supposed to do when his beloved Arsenal say no to buying him back?

You guys're reacting like little kids tbh.

Latest