The Student Room Group

Sciences Po - Anyone studying there? or Applying 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hi there,

I think it was about 2 weeks ago. I believe you could give them a phone call and ask about the status of your application if you are getting impatient, as it works faster than emailing. Good luck! :wink:
Original post by sponge_phara
Hey there RaLOU,
when did you receive your offer?
I am still waiting for an answer from them, it's been almost 2 months...
Thanks!

Hello!

Did u get the "admissible" email? According to the comments above, they got the offer within 13-19 working day after the "admissible" email. Is there anyone here applying to the dual degree with St. Gallen (Int. Affairs.)?
Hi!
I just got my admission offer to International Economic Policy. It took the 13 workday after my "admissible" email. There is still no result from the Dual Degree program. So I guess they started sending the emails, so everybody who applied just before the deadline don't have to wait much longer :smile:
Hi!

Did u got the
Original post by Csomorgabi
Hi!
I just got my admission offer to International Economic Policy. It took the 13 workday after my "admissible" email. There is still no result from the Dual Degree program. So I guess they started sending the emails, so everybody who applied just before the deadline don't have to wait much longer :smile:

Hello!

Are you applying to the college universitaire or a Master? I've applied to the Master in Communication 2 mouths ago, and i stil did not hear from them...
Original post by historienne
Hello!

Are you applying to the college universitaire or a Master? I've applied to the Master in Communication 2 mouths ago, and i stil did not hear from them...

Hi!

I applied to a Master. They told me that the results would arrive by the end of may. Have u got a letter saying that your application is "admissible"?
Original post by Csomorgabi
Hi!

I applied to a Master. They told me that the results would arrive by the end of may. Have u got a letter saying that your application is "admissible"?

I'm appliying to a Master via the Procédure intérnationale. I have not gotten anything, not even an admissible mention, my application is still under review. I believe that for people coming from french education, the results of admission were alredy given 10 days ago.
I don't know exactly. I'm from Hungary, so I had to fulfill also the international admission procedure. Maybe you should write to the admission office to give you some further information about your status since the course registrations starts soon.
Original post by RaLou
Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer. I have also been accepted for International Security and I would also like to post pone the offer for one year. Did you find out something meanwhile- I mean since you posted this? I was thinking about asking a french friend to make a phone call and ask about the details.

Thank you in advance.
Bianca

Bianca,

Thanks and congratulations to you as well. Sorry about the late reply, I didn't realize I was not receiving notifications to my email. So I did request a deferral and just saw today that it was accepted.

The process is pretty straight forward and in English (I also do not speak french, so I was also worried about that). Once they email your student id, you can log into the sciences po student portal and there you should be able to accept, decline, or defer the offer. In the defer option, you have to explain why and wait to see if they do accept your reason or not. There is a note on the sciences po website that there may be a fee associated with the deferral, I haven't received anything about that yet. So I am not sure what it will be. Some Universities in Europe charge 10 percent of the tuition cost, some charge just a small amount or nothing, so I am not sure but I may receive an email about this within the next several days…..

I hope this helps even though it is late, and if you defer I guess we will meet next year!

Good Luck.

P.s. If you any questions issues don't worry about asking a french friend to call for you...I had to contact them also to fix an issue with the portal and they were super helpful and provided service in English.
Reply 109
I'm appliying to a Master via the Procédure intérnationale. I have not gotten anything, not even an admissible mention, my application is still under review. I believe that for people coming from french education, the results of admission were alredy given 10 days ago.

Hey there! I was accepted to Master in Communication (english track). I received the admissible letter on the 4th of April and I got the official results on 28 th of April. I believe that normally you should have received the results by now so I strongly suggest that you contact them, the admission office is very helpful. If you need any info or advice - let me know:smile:

I received the "admissible" email yesterday. The email stated a final decision would be made by June 20th. I applied 2 days before the April deadline through the Procédure intérnationale for PSIA. There is no mention of whether they will release funding information simultaneously, but when I called a few weeks back, they said I should expect to hear by mid-june for both.
Original post by katyasm
Hey there! I was accepted to Master in Communication (english track). I received the admissible letter on the 4th of April and I got the official results on 28 th of April. I believe that normally you should have received the results by now so I strongly suggest that you contact them, the admission office is very helpful. If you need any info or advice - let me know:smile:

Hey! I contacted them early this week, and they said the results would be up by mid june (probably between 15-20). Congrats on your offer! I applied kind of late, two days before the deadline was closed, so my guess is that all delay has to do with that. If i get in, i may let you know since we may be future classmates :smile: Congrats again!
Original post by bahamasmamas
I received the "admissible" email yesterday. The email stated a final decision would be made by June 20th. I applied 2 days before the April deadline through the Procédure intérnationale for PSIA. There is no mention of whether they will release funding information simultaneously, but when I called a few weeks back, they said I should expect to hear by mid-june for both.

Haha same here, applied 2 days before the deadline was closed. They also told me the decisions would be made by june the 20th. Congrats on the admissible mention btw, and good luck with the final decision!
Reply 113
Hello everyone, I was wondering if any of you ended up going to IHEID?
Original post by katyasm

I just got the admissible mention ^^
Reply 115
I just got the admissible mention ^^

Congratulations!!! I have my fingers crossed for you☺️ let me know about their final decision!
Haha same here, applied 2 days before the deadline was closed. They also told me the decisions would be made by june the 20th. Congrats on the admissible mention btw, and good luck with the final decision!

I got a decision today! No mention of funding though, but I guess that will come in a few days.

Good luck with the decision!
Original post by bahamasmamas
I got a decision today! No mention of funding though, but I guess that will come in a few days.

Good luck with the decision!

Me Too! i just found out I GOT IN! yuhuu i'm super happy.
Did you alredy graduate? Do you happen to know when is the period for the inscriptions administratives? because my last exam is on the 4th of july, and i guess i won't have all the results + diploma until mid august or something like that
Original post by katyasm
Congratulations!!! I have my fingers crossed for you☺️ let me know about their final decision!

I got in! ^^
Reply 119
Original post by Canadian0515
Bianca,

Thanks and congratulations to you as well. Sorry about the late reply, I didn't realize I was not receiving notifications to my email. So I did request a deferral and just saw today that it was accepted.

The process is pretty straight forward and in English (I also do not speak french, so I was also worried about that). Once they email your student id, you can log into the sciences po student portal and there you should be able to accept, decline, or defer the offer. In the defer option, you have to explain why and wait to see if they do accept your reason or not. There is a note on the sciences po website that there may be a fee associated with the deferral, I haven't received anything about that yet. So I am not sure what it will be. Some Universities in Europe charge 10 percent of the tuition cost, some charge just a small amount or nothing, so I am not sure but I may receive an email about this within the next several days…..

I hope this helps even though it is late, and if you defer I guess we will meet next year!

Good Luck.

P.s. If you any questions issues don't worry about asking a french friend to call for you...I had to contact them also to fix an issue with the portal and they were super helpful and provided service in English.

Hello there Canadian friend

No need to apologize :smile: I have managed to defer my offer as well woohoo! Now they told me I should wait until next Spring in order to find out more information about the next steps. They will contact me apparently. So yes, hopefully we will meet next year. You can add me on Facebook (Raluca Bianca Murg) if you want to, would like to keep in touch and it's easier like that.

Best wishes,
Bianca :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending