The Student Room Group

How to get over my Ex Boyfriend?

I broke up with my ex 2 months ago now and it wasnt a bad break up. We just become more like friends and we didnt feel the same! ISince the break up I have slept with 2 others. I've had my ups and downs but I have found out that he has slept with someone. He was my first love and first person I slept with and Im finding it hard knowing that he has slept with someone. We still text everyday and we still see each other. We have the same group of friends and I have slept with him since the break up. I want him in my life but I dont know how to go making it an easy transition from boyfriend and girlfriend. I know I have slept with 2 others but I just keep asking myself questions about it! I know that if he asked me to get back with him I would say no as we want different things and so it wouldnt be right. But I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what to do? Any advice would be great :smile:
Sounds to me like you could use a bit of space between you - you are currently still acting relatively couple-ly (e.g. texting each day). Try to distance yourself from him for a bit, and see if that makes things easier.
Reply 2
I was in a similar position (ldr but we still had the same group of friends) and texting him didn't feel right as I knew he had met another girl. I just didn't text and only replied if he really needed to know something, so about once a month. Now I have moved on and I don't miss him, although he will always be remembered as my first boyfriend, but I would never go back to him. As a result of having space, I have moved on to someone who is a better boyfriend. All the best :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by rmhumphries
Sounds to me like you could use a bit of space between you - you are currently still acting relatively couple-ly (e.g. texting each day). Try to distance yourself from him for a bit, and see if that makes things easier.
That's what I was thinking - my first girlfriend and I broke up fairly amicably, but it was hell for a couple of months because we were still acting that way, and we ended up hating each other. Then we decided to go with no contact for a while, and we were able to stay friends after that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending