The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6720
No it can't happen. Surely it can't.

Costa just completed his medical at Chelsea, surely they'll only buy one marquee player right? Wouldn't go for costa and Fabregas would they? Not at the same time anyway. So if a fee has been agreed, and it's as low as it's been suggested, then it should be us.. Right?

:frown:
Original post by SHOO
Wouldn't go for costa and Fabregas would they? N

That's a double/treble winning team right there
Original post by SHOO
No it can't happen. Surely it can't.

Costa just completed his medical at Chelsea, surely they'll only buy one marquee player right? Wouldn't go for costa and Fabregas would they? Not at the same time anyway. So if a fee has been agreed, and it's as low as it's been suggested, then it should be us.. Right?

Why not? They need a striker and they need a CM! Would make perfect sense.
This is Chelsea, so no. They've already got Sideshow Bob on the way out and PSG are mug enough to pay £50m for him, Chelsea are laughing!!

They could have quite easily done Cesc's medical at the same time tbf, but this whole story is now turning into a saga of he said/she said. Until I see something confirmed in either teams website I won't believe nada, even Sky and the BBC have been a bit off with what they know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6723
Original post by Peggles_*
Why not? They need a striker and they need a CM! Would make perfect sense.
This is Chelsea, so no. They've already got Sideshow Bob on the way out and PSG are mug enough to pay £50m for him, Chelsea are laughing!!

They could have quite easily done Cesc's medical at the same time tbf, but this whole story is now turning into a saga of he said/she said. Until I see something confirmed in either teams website I won't believe nada, even Sky and the BBC have been a bit off with what they know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's becoming really irritating now. Apparently Ox is injured? And I'm hearing for a long time. Typical, and we should definately prepare for loads more injuries.

Anyone that says we don't need depth everywhere have no idea
Reply 6724
On the plus side though, Gazidis is telling us we're already in talks with our targets.

Hopefully, he means Cesc, Balotelli, Griezman, Khadera & Aurier.

Yay!

:/
Original post by SHOO
On the plus side though, Gazidis is telling us we're already in talks with our targets.

Yay!

At most we'd ever get 1 of them
Reply 6726
Original post by AR_95
At most we'd ever get 1 of them

Swear to god if we don't get cesc, we best get at least two world class signings to give me a real good reason not to start going on a killing spree
Original post by SHOO
Swear to god if we don't get cesc, we best get at least two world class signings to give me a real good reason not to start going on a killing spree

Di maria can you imagine :colonhash:
Original post by SHOO
It's becoming really irritating now. Apparently Ox is injured? And I'm hearing for a long time. Typical, and we should definately prepare for loads more injuries.

Anyone that says we don't need depth everywhere have no idea

The Ox was initially being reported as an ACL, which he torn against Villa, the first time last season. If that's the case it's at least 4 months out for him, depending on the grade of the injury.

Things like ACLs and broken bones shouldn't be blamed on the medical team though, you can't factor in those kind of things, they are just unfortunate. However, when you're flying Welshman is out for 3 months due to a thigh strain and you're £42m playmaker is injured within the first 5 minutes of a game, says absolutely nothing about it, then you have a problem. Both of those were caused by overplaying and most muscle tears and strains are, especially because our squad size is so small, players are brought back too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6729
Original post by AR_95
Di maria can you imagine :colonhash:

As much as I adore his talents, the guy gets pushed and shoved about in the La Liga like he's a little bitch.

Imagine what the premier league, with teams like Stoke would do to him? I swear he looks like he'll snap lol
Reply 6730
The Ox was initially being reported as an ACL, which he torn against Villa, the first time last season. If that's the case it's at least 4 months out for him, depending on the grade of the injury.

Things like ACLs and broken bones shouldn't be blamed on the medical team though, you can't factor in those kind of things, they are just unfortunate. However, when you're flying Welshman is out for 3 months due to a thigh strain and you're £42m playmaker is injured within the first 5 minutes of a game, says absolutely nothing about it, then you have a problem. Both of those were caused by overplaying and most muscle tears and strains are, especially because our squad size is so small, players are brought back too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes exactly my point.

Signing cesc will not impair anyone's development. Our training and the amount of games we play really beg for squad depth. And if we want to be challenging for the league, then it needs to be world class depth.

We can't have a flamini and Arteta combo again :frown:
Original post by SHOO

Yay!

He also said we have absolutely no interest with Aurier who is a ready made replacement for Sagna.

So rather than Cesc, Balotelli, Griezman, Khadera & Aurier, expect Kim K, Henry, Gervinho for a 2nd chance, Barry and Jenks as first choice!!! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
yo why the **** is everyone signing players left right and centre

liverpool are making signings every WEEK

Chelsea finna wrap costa and fabregas within DAYS

**** THE ***** WHO RUN THIS CLUB

**** EM

WE WONT SIGN NO ONE TILL 31 AUGUST **** WHO RUN THIS CLUB

SUIT *****
You lot need to calm down. It doesn't make sense to buy everyone before the world cup anyway since we can see break out stars during the tournament and then go in for them. It's not like Ozil was the massive star he is before world cup 2010.

This summer is different to last. And about the whole "wait till the last day" thing, I have a feeling it was planned.
Gazidis announced yesterday that it was a move planned months before so it only makes sense we had to go in on the last day, since it was on the last day Bale moved to Madrid.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6734
He also said we have absolutely no interest with Aurier who is a ready made replacement for Sagna.

So rather than Cesc, Balotelli, Griezman, Khadera & Aurier, expect Kim K, Henry, Gervinho for a 2nd chance, Barry and Jenks as first choice!!! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've began to hate tranfer windows so much now. Arsenal really stress me out during the summer.

The sad thing is, as much as you tried to over exaggerate there, it could be true.

Henry to "pass experience on to giroud and sanogo"

Gervinho to "flourish in the BPL because he is more mature"

Kim K "showed great experience and talents when he played a few games"

Jenkinson "ready to become top top player"

"No top top quality players were available, and we have likes of Walcott and Diaby back"

If that is said, and no world class depth is brought in.. Then.. :frown:
Original post by SHOO
I've began to hate tranfer windows so much now. Arsenal really stress me out during the summer.

The sad thing is, as much as you tried to over exaggerate there, it could be true.

Henry to "pass experience on to giroud and sanogo"

Gervinho to "flourish in the BPL because he is more mature"

Kim K "showed great experience and talents when he played a few games"

Jenkinson "ready to become top top player"

"No top top quality players were available, and we have likes of Walcott and Diaby back"

If that is said, and no world class depth is brought in.. Then.. :frown:

The **** are all these talks about signing Henry coming from? Wenger's already said in the past he's not going to resign Henry at this age.
Reply 6736
Original post by AR_95
You lot need to calm down. It doesn't make sense to buy everyone before the world cup anyway since we can see break out stars during the tournament and then go in for them. It's not like Ozil was the massive star he is before world cup 2010.

This summer is different to last. And about the whole "wait till the last day" thing, I have a feeling it was planned.
Gazidis announced yesterday that it was a move planned months before so it only makes sense we had to go in on the last day, since it was on the last day Bale moved to Madrid.

Yes but that's a gamble that can go either way. Who's to say the breaking stars won't be snapped up by Bayern, Real, Barca etc? Like they did in 2010? We didn't get squat in 2010 after the World Cup.

Also, Costa, Fabregas, Balotelli, Vela, Griezman are pretty much on the market.. Well not so much costa now but yh.

When these bigger teams set their eyes on someone, they'll go and get him.

I don't understand why Arsenal have to be so pragmatic during transfer windows, why can't we be ruthless?
Original post by Thugnificent.
yo why the **** is everyone signing players left right and centre

liverpool are making signings every WEEK

Chelsea finna wrap costa and fabregas within DAYS

**** THE ***** WHO RUN THIS CLUB

**** EM

WE WONT SIGN NO ONE TILL 31 AUGUST **** WHO RUN THIS CLUB

SUIT *****

Lol, relax yourself!

Liverpool have bought Lambert and are considering departing with £25m for Lallana!

Costa, yes, Cescy no. No conformation or anything of the sort, don't get so vex about what twitter is saying, because all they do on there is beg for retweets!

As for the rest, yes!
Reply 6738
Original post by AR_95
The **** are all these talks about signing Henry coming from? Wenger's already said in the past he's not going to resign Henry at this age.

Oh that's just over exaggerated frustration, which peggles started
Original post by AR_95

Gazidis is the best at saying the right things at the right time to save his own arse.

Latest