The Student Room Group

OCR Law G157 (A2 Tort Law)

This poll is closed

Are you feeling confident for this exam?

Yes 0%
No100%
Total votes: 3
Is anyone actually taking this exam?

Does anyone have any predictions on what might come up?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vhowkins
Is anyone actually taking this exam?

I've heard that animals might do. So scared :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Studentt1233
I've heard that animals might do. So scared :frown:

My law teacher thought it was unlikely, though Judicial Precedent did come up like 3 times consecutively and her prediction was wrong. I don't want to revise OL or Animals. I don't like torts with sections of acts, just too much for me to revise.

Are you not revising a particular topic?
I'm not revising Tresspass to land or rylands and fletcher! And I really struggle with negligence too :frown: are you leaving any out?
Just to clarify there was no January 2014 exam?? So the last exam was June 2013 and the topics on that paper are unlikely to be on this paper as it was the last one?
You would think so
And to further clarify the special study exam topic WONT come up????????????!!!
I've only just started revising for this whole exam as an external student as I was ill last year when I was supposed to take it, I forgot how much there was :/
Is there any way of us knowing what came up in June 2013 it isn't on the ocr website
Reply 9
Original post by amycoburn94
And to further clarify the special study exam topic WONT come up????????????!!!

It shouldn't, Vicarious didn't come up apart from as a section C (which I thought was strange?), so no NS shouldn't come up. Vicarious is either going to be a Section A or B this year.
Reply 10
Is there any way of us knowing what came up in June 2013 it isn't on the ocr website

I have the June 2013 past paper if anyone wants it? I also have the mark scheme.

What came up was:

Section A: Duty of Care, Trespass to the Person and Liability for Animals.
Section B: Nervous Shock, Occupiers Liability and Rylands v Fletcher.
Section C: Economic Loss/Negligent Misstatement and Vicarious Liability.

Nervous shock for c
Reply 12
Original post by Studentt1233
Nervous shock for c

If that did come up I may come out of that exam with a B.
Reply 13
How are you guys revising and does anyone have any essays to share?

I have essays on duty, breach, causation, vicarious, trespass to land, private nuisance and trespass to the person if anyone wants me to share them. They're probably at a B grade (I haven't had them marked apart from trespass to land which is at a B grade but I need to work on trespass ab initio). It's mainly A01 and doesn't answer any question in particular.

Also, if anyone has A02 points for nuisance I would be thankful - my teachers said I REALLY need to work on my A02 as that's where I'm losing marks.

Does anyone think defences or negligent misstatement will come up? I saw that negligent misstatement came up last year and has previously been a Section A (eek!). I really hope we're only tested on breach, causation and omissions for this paper, I'd hate for negligent misstatement to come up.

Also, just some advice… if breach and causation are mashed together in a Section B question, remember to look for an omission! We all got caught out in my law class, we were all about novus actus but we forgot about omissions.

:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
I have a feeling that Vicarious Liability may come up in section a because the last time it came up in that section was in June 2010
Oh wow thanks so much that's a huge help. I'm going over trespass to land now as it may come up. What makes you sure that vicarious liability will come up as an A or B question? Sorry I can't talk to any teachers as I don't go to college :smile:
And to revise I'm recording myself readin my notes and playing it back to myself every time I'm not reading it really helps
Reply 17
Oh wow thanks so much that's a huge help. I'm going over trespass to land now as it may come up. What makes you sure that vicarious liability will come up as an A or B question? Sorry I can't talk to any teachers as I don't go to college :smile:

Well, as the special study topic has changed, we can now be tested on vicarious liability on the first paper rather than nervous shock, as that is now the special study. Vicarious is a huge topic, it's probably going to come up.

I like that idea because you could listen whilst playing Tetris (currently my addiction) but it would make me cringe as I don't like listening to myself.
Reply 18
Original post by Siddii
I have a feeling that Vicarious Liability may come up in section a because the last time it came up in that section was in June 2010

Yeah, that was my prediction too. I'd hate for Occupiers or Animals to come up.

Is there anything you haven't revised?
I'm taking this exam on Thursday and my teacher has told me not to bother revising Rylands v Fletcher and Trespass to Land

Quick Reply

Latest