The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Arsenal are 9/1 to sign Fabregas

9/1

We were 4/5 two days ago, 5/1 yday. and now 9/1

**** life
If we let the Chavs get Cesc then we have a right to feel seriously pissed off. We BETTER get some great players in. Chelsea buying world class players early and we are dithering around as usual. It is not good enough.
Original post by C.Almasy
If we let the Chavs get Cesc then we have a right to feel seriously pissed off. We BETTER get some great players in. Chelsea buying world class players early and we are dithering around as usual. It is not good enough.

Arsene has no intention of signing quality players, he's got his new contract and a pay rise on top of that. He's cushty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
BBC:
David Ornstein
BBC Sport
Football

Posted at 14:06
"Arsenal have informed Barcelona they will not be exercising a buy-back option on Cesc Fabregas, raising the prospect of the midfielder signing for one of their Premier League rivals.
"The Gunners inserted the clause when selling their captain to his boyhood side for £35m in 2011, and they were duly given first refusal after Barca decided he could leave for £30m."
Original post by Yawn-er
BBC:
David Ornstein
BBC Sport
Football

Posted at 14:06
"Arsenal have informed Barcelona they will not be exercising a buy-back option on Cesc Fabregas, raising the prospect of the midfielder signing for one of their Premier League rivals.
"The Gunners inserted the clause when selling their captain to his boyhood side for £35m in 2011, and they were duly given first refusal after Barca decided he could leave for £30m."

That's that, then. The most reliable journalist wrt Arsenal says we're not interested.
ok now life goes on, gg2chelski on the treble.
So according to Ornstein;

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david · 2m
Arsenal may also sign a defensive midfielder if right deal available, but not in market for another attacking midfielder #bbcsportsday #afc

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david · 10m
Fabregas now open to market & future likely to be sorted in next few weeks. #Afc priority striker & right-back + will get back-up goalkeeper

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david · 11m
Arsenal have informed Barcelona they won't be exercising buy-back option on Fabregas. He was keen but #afc not seeking a creative midfielder

Well at least Arsene has realised that Arteta is useless and is prepared to sign a DM
Original post by little_tom
That's that, then. The most reliable journalist wrt Arsenal says we're not interested.

Mmm, like I've said before, it's understandable.

****ing loving the idea of:

Costa/Lukaku
Hazard - Oscar - Willian/Schurrle
Matic - Fabregas

though. We might actually score some goals...
Ornstein is pretty much the only journalist I trust. I think it's a good thing in that we need to strengthen else where and can't afford to splash on another luxury, but I'll still be a bit miffed if he goes to another PL club. Best case, he stays where he is.
Original post by Yawn-er

Costa/Lukaku
Matic - Fabregas

if you don't run away with the league/CL final with that team then mourinho has been found out.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
if you don't run away with the league/CL final with that team then mourinho has been found out.

Agreed tbh. The excuse for being so defensive last season was that we had no attacking options, and we found it impossible to score against teams that defended deep. Basically just Hazard trying to make stuff happen, and Oscar not being able to find a striker to pass the ball to.

So defend well, don't concede and try to force the goal was the grim reality.

(Although a lot depends on what you guys and City do. I can see City crushing the league again...)
Honestly, Arsene doesn't really make it better for himself does he? Almost as if he loves putting the pressure on himself. Now I'm expecting big things in the transfer market. If we end up with a bunch of free signings from Ligue 1 by the 2nd of September I'm going to be really pissed off.

If we **** up mid-way next season or face an injury crisis with either Ozil or Ramsey out expect fans to call for Arsene's head :rolleyes:
**** Wenger man.

More of his bull**** this season, Ozil was a blip, won't ever happen again with AW in charge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yawn-er
Agreed tbh. The excuse for being so defensive last season was that we had no attacking options, and we found it impossible to score against teams that defended deep. Basically just Hazard trying to make stuff happen, and Oscar not being able to find a striker to pass the ball to.

So defend well, don't concede and try to force the goal was the grim reality.

(Although a lot depends on what you guys and City do. I can see City crushing the league again...)

We need divine intervention for Arsene to see the light and wake up! Count us out before it's even started, ain't got a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
We need divine intervention for Arsene to see the light and wake up! Count us out before it's even started, ain't got a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol what, we haven't signed anyone yet? signing fabregas alone wouldn't have won us anything.

if the transfer window goes tits up its all on wenger though, no excuses this summer.
Original post by Yawn-er

Costa/Lukaku
Matic - Fabregas

Yes it adds up:

Fabregas is on the market and said to be interested in joining a PL team

Most reliable journalists have ruled out Arsenal, City, Liverpool and United

Chelsea are said to have made (or are preparing to make) a bid for Cesc

This isn't Mourinho's first choice signing (apparently wants Koke) but Chelsea's board is pushing for Cesc

Fabregas' girlfriend/daughter lives in London, so he would obviously like to stay there

Congrats on Cesc, bruvs.
Anyway I can't wait til the World Cup starts so I don't have to pay so much attention to these ****ing transfer debacles.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
lol what, we haven't signed anyone yet? signing fabregas alone wouldn't have won us anything.

if the transfer window goes tits up its all on wenger though, no excuses this summer.

But passing up the opportunity to get him back is foolish, even more so when he would massively strengthen a rival. And I've said it so many times because we need Cesc because in terms of depth it's not as great as everyone believes.

I feel it in my soul, I just know this transfer window will be terrible, 2011/12 trolley dash Mk II. :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any news on the Ox yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Any news on the Ox yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

10-21 days out

Latest