The Student Room Group

Aqa phed 1 as pe 6-6-14

Hi guys, couldn't find a thread for the AQA PHED 1 PE exam tomorrow, so thought I'd make one. Comment any questions you have about the exam and we can work together? Maybe a group revision session to clear our minds! Also has anyone got any predictions for the 12 marker in section B?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Glad someone has made one.
My school last month managed to get a meeting with Mike Murray who use to write the exam paper (this is the 1st one he hasnt) so he didnt write this one but he has a good idea.
My personal feelings are calculating intensities and guidance will come up!
When i get home i get let you know all the predictions!
Reply 2
Thank you for starting one of these for this subject I've been searching for one. An idea on possible 12 markers would be fab!!
what would you write for the section b question if it was about calculating intensities?
Don't think intensities will come up though, i'm more going for mental rehearsal and stretching or something along those lines.
Our head of PE Nesta Wiggins-James (who wrote the textbook) also used to write the exam papers and to be honest the mark schemes are so repetitive its unreal. Using the same few ideas you can get most marks!! Also if you look at the grade boundaries for previous years you need about 56 marks for an A which is only like 66% so you don't need to know a great deal! Just get a good idea of everything is what she reccomends
thanks! seems like i'm the only one who doesn't know anyone who used to write the exam papers.. :') yeah true, i got a good grade in practical so i have to get a c/b to get an A which is even better seeing as the boundaries are so low already!
if you ace section A you don't need to do section B to get an A in the paper :wink: We weren't told what we got in the practical which sucks! What did you get?
if you ace section A you don't need to do section B to get an A in the paper :wink: We weren't told what we got in the practical which sucks! What did you get?
Reply 8
Mike Murray wrote the text book too, well the one we use anyway! basically for calculating intensistys thats the karvneon method and borg scale...
Section B is really important if you want a high grade...
yeah best way to revise tonight is to just use mark schemes... For the analysis of movement question we think it will be a throwing one more than likely javilin... Schimt should come up... play recreation, rational recreation, sport england... ethnic minority also! Thats all i can remember right now!

I will tell you all the list of things we were told should come up tonight when i get home as i have them there.. i got 39/50 and 40/50 so its a good start for the exam! what are you all struggling on?
Original post by TheSprintKing

ah that does suck! i got 92/100 so i'm happy! im sure you did well as well! takes a lot of pressure off knowing i don't have to get such a high mark to get an A!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 95sp12
Mike Murray wrote the text book too, well the one we use anyway! basically for calculating intensistys thats the karvneon method and borg scale...
Section B is really important if you want a high grade...
yeah best way to revise tonight is to just use mark schemes... For the analysis of movement question we think it will be a throwing one more than likely javilin... Schimt should come up... play recreation, rational recreation, sport england... ethnic minority also! Thats all i can remember right now!

I will tell you all the list of things we were told should come up tonight when i get home as i have them there.. i got 39/50 and 40/50 so its a good start for the exam! what are you all struggling on?

Personally, i'm struggling on schmidt's theory :frown:
Thanks for starting the thread!
any predictions for the 12-marker?
Reply 12
Original post by Beckymedia
Personally, i'm struggling on schmidt's theory :frown:

hmm what part are you struggling? the whole thing or each section? i like schmidts
Reply 13
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Thanks for starting the thread!
any predictions for the 12-marker?

According to Mike Murray this is what hasnt come up in a while so is likely to come up-
TRAINING AND FITNESS-
Training Methods
Principles of training
calculating intensities
And one of them will go with-
Whole V Part
Guidance
Teaching Styles

personally i think its training methods and guidance!
hope thats helped you a bit!
in almost every 12 marker there has been something on what practice session to use like massed or distributed.
ermm stretching and fitness tests came up last year so i doubt that will be in it.

i don't think Operant conditioning has ever come up in section B so that's a possibility.

i'm not a fan of all the history bit apart from rational recreation.

i'm rather confident with section A with stuff like the mechanics of breathing, controlling HR, BR etc. some of the answers in section B according to the mark scheme just seem so obvious when i read it but i wouldn't think to put it in the exam.

what's everyone hoping comes up?? :smile:
Original post by 95sp12
According to Mike Murray this is what hasnt come up in a while so is likely to come up-
TRAINING AND FITNESS-
Training Methods
Principles of training
calculating intensities
Whole V Part
Guidance
Teaching Styles

ooooh thanks for this :smile:
is that a might come up or a *hint hint* might come up? :wink:
Reply 16
Wow they are good predictions I'm really confused with the Opportunities section 3 about spots co-ordinators and active sports does anyone have a powerpoint or resource thats good for that whole section?
Original post by 95sp12
TRAINING AND FITNESS-
Training Methods
Principles of training
calculating intensities
Whole V Part
Guidance
Teaching Styles

Can you remind me what the training methods are to do with again please? :colondollar:

i know the others :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by Christie Harding
ooooh thanks for this :smile:
is that a might come up or a *hint hint* might come up? :wink:

its a might come up but good guessed:wink: i have a list of everything that has been on Q7 this may 09 and they follow a very similar pattern.. the ones ive said havent been on for a while guidance follows the pattern too!

Original post by gemyak
Wow they are good predictions I'm really confused with the Opportunities section 3 about spots co-ordinators and active sports does anyone have a powerpoint or resource thats good for that whole section?

i dont but government initiatives was 4 mark question jan13 so its not due to be on.. Sport england is though! as it is on alot with NGB AND YST! they are the better bets! SCO wont be a question there own! best advice is look at mark schemes the answers dont change! :smile: i can hunt out my notes on it and try and help you?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Can you remind me what the training methods are to do with again please? :colondollar:

i know the others :biggrin:

is that the command style learning, reciprocal and that lot?

Quick Reply

Latest