The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Lit B Unit 3 Pastoral - 6th June 2014

Is anyone doing the pastoral section for tomorrow's exam? There doesn't seem to be a thread for it yet

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing the pastoral section!
Reply 2
I'm doing the pastoral section for tomorrow's exam too. Can't find another thread on here about it either - seems like it's a lot less popular than gothic, which is a pain for revision!
Reply 3
I'm doing pastoral - Tess, Songs of Innocence and Experience and Post 1945 poetry. Any predictions for questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by journeyofeducation
I'm doing the pastoral section!

Original post by Cake Girl
I'm doing the pastoral section for tomorrow's exam too. Can't find another thread on here about it either - seems like it's a lot less popular than gothic, which is a pain for revision!

Original post by ginge1+2
I'm doing pastoral - Tess, Songs of Innocence and Experience and Post 1945 poetry. Any predictions for questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to find some others! I'm also doing Tess, Songs and Post 1945 poetry. I'm not sure what the questions could be, but I've noticed that a lot of the questions are very similar, basically urban vs. rural. I'm going to do Tess for section A (if the question is good!), what about you guys?
Reply 5
It's really going to depend on the questions for me! I'm hoping for something rural v. Urban based. I've heard a lot of people suspecting something on religion to come up... I hope not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am doing the pastoral section too! I'm studying As You Like It, She Stoops to Conquer and Pastoral poetry after 1945. Any last minute revision tips??
Reply 7
It's really going to depend on the questions for me! I'm hoping for something rural v. Urban based. I've heard a lot of people suspecting something on religion to come up... I hope not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that religion is definitely a possibility, but it's strange that's its never come up, even for Section A in Songs (and religion is such a big part of it). I guess it's hard for the exam board to ask a question related to religion without being offensive? It also occurred to me that's they've never asked about nature as a teacher, so that could be a question
Reply 8
What kind of question do you think they could ask on religion? You might be right about the offensiveness thing..!
Reply 9
For anyone who is doing songs of innocence and experience, how many poems would you mention in section b??
What kind of question do you think they could ask on religion? You might be right about the offensiveness thing..!

Maybe attitudes towards religion?
Original post by j2810
For anyone who is doing songs of innocence and experience, how many poems would you mention in section b??

I usually do 2 or 3
Reply 12
Original post by paperclip345
I usually do 2 or 3

ok, thank you! I was worrying that we might need to do more, as they're quite short
I'm doing She Stoops To Conquer, Brideshead Revisted and Songs of Innocence and Experience :smile: hoping the questions are one something easy and not restrictive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone is doing pastoral! I haven't found anyone doing Elements of the gothic yet!
Reply 15
Im doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles, As You Like It and Post 1945 Poetry!! SO scared.. I've found it zoo difficult to revise the quotes and may have left it very late to start revising poetry!! Hoping a lot of blagging will get me through the poem side of things. Thinking of doing As You Like It for Section A simply because i'm most comfortable with it.. and Tess' storyline is very complicated!!
Original post by j2810

i have fifteen stored up but depending on the question 4/5 poems in section A and 2/3 in B
Is any one doing Arcadia?
Reply 18
Good luck, everyone!
Reply 19
How did you guys find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending