The Student Room Group

A-Level Environmental Studies exams 2nd and 4th June

Scroll to see replies

Can someone give me the two mark answer for tertiary recovery, completely forgot it! Thought the exam went really well though, bring on unit 4 apart from the 6 and 8 markers that keep popping up on an exam I'm doing now.
Good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Original post by Darkwarrior23
A subject that doesn't contain the word "studies"... but tbh as long as you want to join green peace after year 13 then go ahead with this fake geography course

Um, what?
I do Geography as well and Environmental studies is way more scientific than geography. In fact a lot of information learned in geography is dated, and therefore now wrong. For instance you would never hear any credible scientist call it 'global warming' these days as our knowledge has improved and we know that there's a lot more to it than just rising temperatures.
Many of Greenpeace's ideas I don't even agree with, so i'm not sure where you got that from.
And the amount of jobs you can get out of Environmental Science is vast; hydrology, glaciology, climate committees, conservationists, education, environmental surveyors and so on. But of course, you're so ignorant that you've probably never even heard of half of these things.
Original post by sipperz
Um, what?
I do Geography as well and Environmental studies is way more scientific than geography. In fact a lot of information learned in geography is dated, and therefore now wrong. For instance you would never hear any credible scientist call it 'global warming' these days as our knowledge has improved and we know that there's a lot more to it than just rising temperatures.
Many of Greenpeace's ideas I don't even agree with, so i'm not sure where you got that from.
And the amount of jobs you can get out of Environmental Science is vast; hydrology, glaciology, climate committees, conservationists, education, environmental surveyors and so on. But of course, you're so ignorant that you've probably never even heard of half of these things.

Why so serious? :ahee:
Original post by marlon1995
Can someone give me the two mark answer for tertiary recovery, completely forgot it! Thought the exam went really well though, bring on unit 4 apart from the 6 and 8 markers that keep popping up on an exam I'm doing now.
Good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probs going to be:
Use of Detergents/ Hot water.
Force oil on surface rock into solution which can be pumped out = increased efficiency of reserve.
Original post by behindblueglass
Haha good :biggrin:

Your profile image reminds me of Austria for some weird reason, most likely the clothing :P
Sorry, that was abit random haha :L
Original post by propagation
There also seems to be a lot of how science works which is crap and I hate sustainability :frown:

I know... Oh I love sustainability, there's so much that I could write about! I'd love for one of the essay options to be on sustainability.
Original post by tamararosa
(Sorry to but in) what do you mean about practical skills? :smile:

It's fine and the practical skills stuff is at the back of the textbook and is about sampling, suitable sites for sampling, quadrats... All that stuff from last year.
Original post by sipperz
I put down T-test i think (and i'm pretty sure that's right because most of my friends put that too). Um i was really happy with it because hardly any noise pollution or radiation, which were my two worst topics!
May i ask what grade you're aiming for and what you got last year? I got an A last year, and i want an A* this year, so i beat what my brother got a few years ago!

I put down the T-test too! I wasn't too keen on those two topics either. Well I didn't do very well at all last year... I got two Ds but was just 4 marks off a C in Unit 2 and 2 marks off a C in Unit 1. That's really cool! Haha.
Original post by EmilyStrange13
I know... Oh I love sustainability, there's so much that I could write about! I'd love for one of the essay options to be on sustainability.

I would love an essay on pesticides and fertilisers.
It depends on the nature of the question for sustainability as to whether I would like it.
I would love an essay on pesticides and fertilisers.
It depends on the nature of the question for sustainability as to whether I would like it.

That would be a nice essay to do as I know quite a bit about pesticides and fertilisers and generally find it to be interesting. Okay.
Original post by EmilyStrange13
That would be a nice essay to do as I know quite a bit about pesticides and fertilisers and generally find it to be interesting. Okay.

Ahh that's good :smile:

Main factors we would need to consider would be:
Properties
How properties lead to Environmental damage - then what the damage is
Then the solutions

That would most likely get you 18-20 marks as long as you talk about the correct things.
Ok thanks i think I may of got 1 point. There was such a strange 6 marker too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh that's good :smile:

Main factors we would need to consider would be:
Properties
How properties lead to Environmental damage - then what the damage is
Then the solutions

That would most likely get you 18-20 marks as long as you talk about the correct things.

Yeah, I agree xD
Ok thanks i think I may of got 1 point. There was such a strange 6 marker too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that the question about the similarities and differences between inorganic nutrients and sludge waste pollution? I remember not quite liking that.
No that was okay for me, the one about economic markets and the environment or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
No that was okay for me, the one about economic markets and the environment or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, I remember that question and I didn't like it as it was one of the questions I had to rush through as I did it last
Yeah same, you can still lose 20 marks and get an a* so we can all just hope :biggrin: you prepared for tomorrow's envs4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah same, you can still lose 20 marks and get an a* so we can all just hope :biggrin: you prepared for tomorrow's envs4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, I hope for the best too but in all honesty I dont feel Im prepared for tomorrow as I spent the majority of my time focusing on ENVS3. Im also generally worried about the essay question and practical skills questions. How about you?
Your profile image reminds me of Austria for some weird reason, most likely the clothing :P
Sorry, that was abit random haha :L

How bizarre, it's just an oversized batman t-shirt. But hey I'm not offended it's just a comfy t-shirt :L
Beauty of a paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending