The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
We'll make him Captain so he gets to lift it first...

Anyway Chelsea aren't going to win the league next season. Maybe FA cup. Top 2 isn't guaranteed either.

He'll also struggle in the CL. Ain't getting past the Semi final either unless Costa does a Drogba.

Terry will do his girlfriend before he lets Cesc have the armband.
Original post by Pete_91
Terry will do his girlfriend before he lets Cesc have the armband.

Spoiler

No hesitation.
Lol this thread is too funny. It's summer guys just relax.
Original post by Isometrix
Lol this thread is too funny. It's summer guys just relax.

Arsenal fans don't do relaxing.

Also, the only thing that will (somewhat) dampen the blow of Cesc going to Chelsea is us spending big on a DM like Martinez.

We should build my Fifa team (but without Suarez, obviously)

Suarez alt.
Reus Ozil Walcott
Martinez Ramsey
(edited 9 years ago)
If Fabregas goes to Chelsea, Wenger and the board have put an immense amount of pressure on themselves. Now they have to make sure they sign top quality players, and by that I mean players like Benzema, Cavani, Di Maria, Martinez, etc... which isn't going to happen.
Would run around the house screaming if we ever got Reus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Would run around the house screaming if we ever got Reus

Posted from TSR Mobile

The transfer market is full of scraps at the moment. Not many world class players on the market that would come in and make a significant difference. That's why we should have snapped up Cesc when we got the opportunity.

I'm guessing we will end up with a second-tier striker, decent RB, adequate cup GK, Vela/Griezmann and an austerity defensive midfielder.
What's happening with Mandzukic? should be all over him.
Original post by little_tom
The transfer market is full of scraps at the moment. Not many world class players on the market that would come in and make a significant difference. That's why we should have snapped up Cesc when we got the opportunity.

I'm guessing we will end up with a second-tier striker, decent RB, adequate cup GK, Vela/Griezmann and an austerity defensive midfielder.

That's the great thing about cup year though. There will be loads of break out stars who will turn world class.

In the PL we'd only have to compete with UTD since Chelsea would already have Cesc and Costa
City's team is almost perfect but they'd need a CB or so
Liverpool are already making their signings but we're still probably the bigger attraction then they are

Madrid want Suarez otherwise also have a near perfect team but they'd need an Alonso replacement for the future, which happens to e the same position we are in for

A second tier striker wouldn't be so bad, as long as they are more clinical than giroud. We have enough creativity to score left right and centre tbh and with the addition of Griezeman that reduces even more responsibility from the striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich

I thought I read something about him stating he was happy to stay at Bayern. Not too sure it was a while back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich

He's definitely leaving. Valued at about €30M from what I read but they're willing to listen to offers at around €20-25m. Haven't heard anything concrete about where he's going but Chelsea are favorites to sign him.

Original post by AR_95
That's the great thing about cup year though. There will be loads of break out stars who will turn world class.

In the PL we'd only have to compete with UTD since Chelsea would already have Cesc and Costa
City's team is almost perfect but they'd need a CB or so
Liverpool are already making their signings but we're still probably the bigger attraction then they are

Madrid want Suarez otherwise also have a near perfect team but they'd need an Alonso replacement for the future, which happens to e the same position we are in for

A second tier striker wouldn't be so bad, as long as they are more clinical than giroud. We have enough creativity to score left right and centre tbh and with the addition of Griezeman that reduces even more responsibility from the striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too many contingencies here. Our opportunity to get a world class striker/holding midfielder depends on a lot of other unlikely events. We will get replacements, but none at the level we need. Of course I could be wrong and Wenger & co. could pull an absolute rabbit out of the hat, but I'll reserve my optimism for now.
Original post by AR_95
I thought I read something about him stating he was happy to stay at Bayern. Not too sure it was a while back

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, he's definitely gone, cleared out his locker and everything.

We wont find a better available striker than Mandzukic, we should just do it and be done with it. Move onto the next position then.
Original post by little_tom
He's definitely leaving. Valued at about €30M from what I read but they're willing to listen to offers at around €20-25m. Haven't heard anything concrete about where he's going but Chelsea are favorites to sign him.

Too many contingencies here. Our opportunity to get a world class striker/holding midfielder depends on a lot of other unlikely events. We will get replacements, but none at the level we need. Of course I could be wrong and Wenger & co. could pull an absolute rabbit out of the hat, but I'll reserve my optimism for now.

Would be easier for us to go in for Mandzukic if Chelsea have Costa.

Tbh the only reason I'm keeping calm is because I'm expecting a rabbit out of a hat later on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
No, he's definitely gone, cleared out his locker and everything.

We wont find a better available striker than Mandzukic, we should just do it and be done with it. Move onto the next position then.

Yeah best option for now but part of me still hopes Wenger does some magic on Ballotelli :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Would be easier for us to go in for Mandzukic if Chelsea have Costa.

Tbh the only reason I'm keeping calm is because I'm expecting a rabbit out of a hat later on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mandzukic is only a slight upgrade over Giroud. We need a different sort of striker. Someone who make off the ball runs and get in behind defenses.
End of the day, our transfer policy is well out of date at this stage.

Got to give it to Chelsea, they know which players they need and they go out and get them, early and with no excuses. Cant put it down to financial limitations any more as we can afford every player they're going for and more.
Original post by DDan123
Mandzukic is only a slight upgrade over Giroud. We need a different sort of striker. Someone who make off the ball runs and get in behind defenses.

Yea but who?

I can head into Costcutter tomorrow looking for lobster but if it aint on the shelf then I'll have to take what I can find. Mandzukic really is the cream of the available strikers imo, talking about Cavani etc is just a fantasy.

Wouldnt mind a cheeky bid for Dzeko but he's well in with Pelligrini so no real chance unfortunately.
Original post by DDan123

Mandzukic is a bit more than a slight upgrade tbh. If we sign Griezeman than him plus Walcott will offer plenty of attacking potential whilst Mandzukic can offer much more of a physical threat than Giroud has

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ehh it's criminal that a player of Dzekos quality is only a back up

He could be a star at Arsenal. 20+ at least

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wouldn't mind Mandzukic at all, ultimately we need somebody to take the load off Giroud more than a plan B type striker. Would love to see us get a new LW but not sure if we will, wonder how Ox would do on the left though...

Latest