The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

I'm so confused, what you've written is very helpful but I still keep getting it wrong =( Can I ask about the line

So, there must be less than 4 x y mg of SO2 in the room.

Just wondering if the "x" is a multiplication sign or the length?! Ha, thanks anyway…tried both ways but still can't get it
(edited 9 years ago)
On gold I followed droplet739's advice and got a final answer of 17703, but that didn't work. Anyone else get this? Can anyone help?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ccc1234
On gold I followed droplet739's advice and got a final answer of 17703, but that didn't work. Anyone else get this? Can anyone help?

Here's a hint

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ccc1234

Are you sure your values are correct? (Don't post them- unless if you really must, in which case please spoiler tag them)
Original post by fizzers
Are you sure your values are correct? (Don't post them- unless if you really must, in which case please spoiler tag them)

I think so, I'll post them as a spoiler so hopefully someone can check:

Spoiler

Original post by ej12992
I'm so confused, what you've written is very helpful but I still keep getting it wrong =( Can I ask about the line

So, there must be less than 4 x y mg of SO2 in the room.

Just wondering if the "x" is a multiplication sign or the length?! Ha, thanks anyway…tried both ways but still can't get it

x is the unknown, if you're confused, substitute it for y
Original post by ccc1234
I think so, I'll post them as a spoiler so hopefully someone can check:

Spoiler

Here's some tips:

Spoiler

Further info :/ use at your own risk for anyone who's still really stuck

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jadys10
Here's some tips:

Spoiler

Further info :/ use at your own risk for anyone who's still really stuck

Spoiler

Thank you for this :smile:
i really need help with rg been on it for days
ive made a table but no ive got no where
Original post by robb2304
i really need help with rg been on it for days
ive made a table but no ive got no where

Tip: DOUBLE CHECK YOUR FACTS!!!
The value for the ionisation number and boiling/melting points gives different elements, and also for the discoveries as well, research every single scientist
Would someone be able to check what I got for Rg so far, and point out my mistakes please? I've tried every combination of the non metals but it's always incorrect. I would really appreciate it! :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by economicsrocks
Would someone be able to check what I got for Rg so far, and point out my mistakes please? I've tried every combination of the non metals but it's always incorrect. I would really appreciate it! :smile:

Spoiler

There's something fundamentally wrong with quite a few of your positionings, it looks like you've misread a clue or made an assumption that isn't true and then gone along with that which has caused a few mistakes. To give you a hand I can tell you that

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by economicsrocks

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymousy
There's something fundamentally wrong with quite a few of your positionings, it looks like you've misread a clue or made an assumption that isn't true and then gone along with that which has caused a few mistakes. To give you a hand I can tell you that

Spoiler

Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by jadys10

Spoiler

Thank you very much! It won't let me rep you, but I've completed it now :biggrin:
If anyone needs any help, I'll be happy to help you :smile:
stuck on silver, any help would be truly appreciated! what is it asking???? D:
Original post by Dory_97

Read the previous few pages!!!
Original post by Dory_97

Silver asks you to work out the date of the article which relates to the 4th picture. The other dates and pictures are linked, so google those to find the link between them. Then try and find the date for the 4th picture- what is the picture showing you? A google image search might also help here. Good luck! :smile:
So I have signed up for the Chemistry Challenge and finding it kinda impossible!! Does anyone have any tips for doing well (would love any award)? I am going to go through the past papers (2011, 2012 and 2013) but is there anything else I can do to prepare?!
Cheers :biggrin:
Oops, forgot to add, its the 90min exam for Lower Sixth!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest