The Student Room Group

Gp03c option c edexcel politics 9/05/14 and 13/05/14 thread

Noticed that not many people are doing option C?
Anyone else wanna share tips/etc... ?

I know its a few weeks away...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mole26

Heya, I'm just going to pop this in the politics forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mole26

I'm doing it, quite nervous haha
Reply 3
Yup, doing it again, got a B the first time round.
Any predictions? ^^
Reply 4
Such a large spread of topics I think it's hard to predict- my teacher reckons electoral college may come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm doing these exams and I'm dreading them :afraid:
But there will probably be 45-markers on race for 3C and the presidency for 4C, as neither came up last year.
Reply 6
Ah my teacher left at Christmas!! (He taught 1/2 the course!!) and he basically taught us nothing!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I think immigration may well come up either for a short or a long answer. It came up two years ago (which is sometimes an indication) and there's been a new bill (the 'Gang of Eight' bill) to stoke the fire, plus affirmative action hasn't really changed much to ask an interesting question on.
Reply 8
Original post by ORTB94
I think immigration may well come up either for a short or a long answer. It came up two years ago (which is sometimes an indication) and there's been a new bill (the 'Gang of Eight' bill) to stoke the fire, plus affirmative action hasn't really changed much to ask an interesting question on.

Hopefully not a longer answer as I don't think I would do very well :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Mole26
Hopefully not a longer answer as I don't think I would do very well :s-smilie:

Yeah, there's not a huge amount to say about immigration on a 45 marker; other than listing the failed reforms, talking about federalism, and saying why/what the left and the right want from immigration reform. Doesn't make a particularly easy essay to structure and/or write
I'm hoping for anything on the two-party state, third parties or party renewal/decline as I've managed to blitz notes on them this week. But I'm not revising elections so I'm hoping the other questions are kind to me!
Reply 11
Pretty much any question which just needs to pros and cons of affirmative action I would explode with joy

Likewise a virtually any decent PG question and 'Which groups of voters vote for the _____ Party and why?' as a short. They're what I'm hoping for - the June 2012 3C paper would have been amazing.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 12
There hasn't yet been one on the Tea Party, might make a nice short answer "to what extent has the Tea Party influence the Republican Party" ? Or words to that effect.

There have been at least 2 recent short answer questions about demographics of Democrat voter, maybe one about Republicans could come up?
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm finding it so hard to revise the influence of the factions in each party... can't believe there have been 45 mark questions on this e.g. how influential fiscal conservatives are in the GOP! :eek:
(edited 9 years ago)
I hate the racial issue questions! Half the questions asked are not even in the book we study. e.g. Immigration which has come up in the past.

We are close to mid-term elections maybe something on congressional elections? I F.... hope so!
Reply 15
Praying for a nice Race question, pretty sure though that it will be a hard paper!!

anyone got any notes on racial politics? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending