The Student Room Group

Mature students heading to Exeter

Are there any other mature students going to Exeter this year? If so are you planning on living in halls?
Reply 1
Hello, nice to meet another Mature Student going to Exeter!

I'm 23, (barely Mature haha) and I've applied for halls.

Nash Grove, St Germans and Birks Grange Village were my choices. How about you?
Reply 2
I'm 24 so not that mature either :smile: but I don't think im going to apply for halls, I've got used to having more space than that and you can get so much more for your money in a shared house but im still undecided... What are you going to be studding?
Reply 3
Original post by cs89
I'm 24 so not that mature either :smile: but I don't think im going to apply for halls, I've got used to having more space than that and you can get so much more for your money in a shared house but im still undecided... What are you going to be studding?

I think id regret not going into halls. It's a really good social opportunity and it means your more involved in uni society 😄 I'm doing sociology, you?

You have till July to choose accommodation I think so you have plenty of time to decide!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 22 and have accepted an offer for Nash Grove :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by modelinspired
I'm 22 and have accepted an offer for Nash Grove :smile:

I don't find out the results for my course for another couple of weeks, but as long as I pass the remaining credits I'm going to Exeter! :eek: But, if I get an offer for Nash Grove I'm taking it. I've met another Mature Student via Facebook whose applied for Nash Grove too and he's 23 like me.
Original post by Kelytha
I don't find out the results for my course for another couple of weeks, but as long as I pass the remaining credits I'm going to Exeter! :eek: But, if I get an offer for Nash Grove I'm taking it. I've met another Mature Student via Facebook whose applied for Nash Grove too and he's 23 like me.

Hope you get it! I'm quite excited to meet everyone

Where are you from? I'm from Canada
Reply 7
Hope you get it! I'm quite excited to meet everyone

Where are you from? I'm from Canada

Ooh cool, what part of Canada are you from?

I'm from East Sussex (south east England) so it's only 4 hours in the car to Exeter!

What course are you doing? I'm doing BA Sociology. :smile:
Original post by Kelytha
Ooh cool, what part of Canada are you from?

I'm from East Sussex (south east England) so it's only 4 hours in the car to Exeter!

What course are you doing? I'm doing BA Sociology. :smile:

Ahh nice! I'm from Calgary, Alberta

I'll be studying Law :smile:
Reply 9
Ahh nice! I'm from Calgary, Alberta

I'll be studying Law :smile:

Awesome! Well I hope to see you in September!

There's quite a few mature students going to Exeter this year. :smile:
Reply 10
Yay to this thread :smile: (I know its a month old but I'm commenting anyway :biggrin:)

Another mature student going to Exeter, I am 27 so again not overly mature.

And also studying BA Sociology, so its nice to know I will not be the only mature student on my course.

I have applied for halls too, I think it will be a good way to meet people.

Can not wait! :biggrin:
Original post by Ka_pow
Yay to this thread :smile: (I know its a month old but I'm commenting anyway :biggrin:)

Another mature student going to Exeter, I am 27 so again not overly mature.

And also studying BA Sociology, so its nice to know I will not be the only mature student on my course.

I have applied for halls too, I think it will be a good way to meet people.

Can not wait! :biggrin:

What halls have you applied for?

Chuck me a PM if you wish :smile:

Would be great to chat with another mature student, especially as we're on the same course!
Reply 12
Hey, I'm 26 and will be going to Exeter, studying BA history :smile:

A little bit different from halls but I have applied for one of the family flats at Clydesdale Court.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nellynoo
Hey, I'm 26 and will be going to Exeter, studying BA history :smile:

A little bit different from halls but I have applied for one of the family flats at Clydesdale Court.

That'll be good, you'll be able to have the best of two worlds! Having your family close by, but also being able to join in more with uni activities!
I've got a little girl so staying local (Torbay) and driving up each day, anyone doing psychology this sept?! 22, so not mature but not gone the traditional way..
Reply 15
Two months late but have just found this thread....heading to Exeter to study MA in Creative Writing, I'm 23 (again, not really mature and especially for a PG :biggrin:). Anyway, good to know there will be other mature students around :smile:...it's a shame you're all UG though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending