The Student Room Group

A-Level Environmental Studies exams 2nd and 4th June

Scroll to see replies

I picked the wrong essay which has pissed me off, due to lack of time remaining :frown:
Original post by propagation
I picked the wrong essay which has pissed me off, due to lack of time remaining :frown:

What as in you ticked the wrong box for the essay you wrote? Or D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JammyGit07
What as in you ticked the wrong box for the essay you wrote? Or D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The essay I wrote I pick the forestry one rather than the pollution one which I would be able to get more marks for because of the links between my science subjects and further reading :/
The essay I wrote I pick the forestry one rather than the pollution one which I would be able to get more marks for because of the links between my science subjects and further reading :/

Fair play, I do all three sciences and still preferred the forestry topic tbh XD Took a look at the other 2 and didn't like the look of them one bit :L
Pollution is scary at first but has the most to write about if you think about all synoptic links. What did people out for the 1st question with "marine area that is supplied nutrients from seabed"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair play, I do all three sciences and still preferred the forestry topic tbh XD Took a look at the other 2 and didn't like the look of them one bit :L

The other 2 weren't to bad, the fact they look all nice to me I had difficulty picking with the time.
Plus I only learnt forestry yesterday :P So I felt that I should do that one, not sure why?
It could be the fact that the question before the essays was on forestry?
Original post by marlon1995
Pollution is scary at first but has the most to write about if you think about all synoptic links. What did people out for the 1st question with "marine area that is supplied nutrients from seabed"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nutrient Upwelling
That's cool! :biggrin: It's abit weird that I thought what I thought :P

It was a bit of a weird observation :L
Nutrient Upwelling

Wow I got this wrong I put continental shelf
Original post by behindblueglass
Wow I got this wrong I put continental shelf

I think the key words were 'marine bed' and 'supplied' . Which triggered me to put the answer I put.
It was a bit of a weird observation :L

I thought it looked something like what this women is wearing which is common clothing of alpine women in the south west of Austria.
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDLe9QjwgORE1cAGDqEBSKLNP9zJYwFZAkqS73rA4Yz-cmKBbKIA
I thought it looked something like what this women is wearing which is common clothing of alpine women in the south west of Austria.
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDLe9QjwgORE1cAGDqEBSKLNP9zJYwFZAkqS73rA4Yz-cmKBbKIA

Haha..you are one cookie short of a biscuit tin my friend :L
I think the key words were 'marine bed' and 'supplied' . Which triggered me to put the answer I put.

I'm irritated because I know nutrient upwelling brings in sediment I guess I just thought that it happened near the continental shelf...too late now :L
I'm irritated because I know nutrient upwelling brings in sediment I guess I just thought that it happened near the continental shelf...too late now :L

I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure with my answer.
I think my other answers were Ghost fishing
Fish quota is a governmental scheme to ensure fish are fish sustainably prevent fishing over MSY = Overfishing.
By-catch when a non target organism is caught via fishing e.g. trawling of Tuna organisms such as Turtles can be caught.
I can't remember the last one, I think it may have been a no take zone, not sure?

Continental shelf is the right answer. A it receives upwellings. The key word people missed was "marine area" upwellin isn't a marine area

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marlon1995
Continental shelf is the right answer. A it receives upwellings. The key word people missed was "marine area" upwellin isn't a marine area

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well half my class got it wrong then, I am sure it's upwelling, I need to see the paper again.
Original post by nadinelia11
I had 23 for the critical value....I think

That's what I put too.
Beauty of a paper.

Absolutely! It was better than I could have dreamed for.

What did people put for the diversification question? Wasn't purely about alpaca's so i'm thinking it was quite broad with its answers?

I put:
Some crops are not economically viable any more e.g. due to cheap imports lowering prices, so diversification can lead to other sources of income. I was lucky with this one - my local pick your own farm and farm shop have just closed their 'pick your own' saying that they can't compete with supermarket prices. They are now focusing on seasonal tourist events on the farm, as it brings in more money.

I also put that diversification maintains soil quality. e.g. like crop rotation. Land to graze alpacas could be part of a crop rotation that would maintain soil quality.
Original post by Weeble33
I put:
Some crops are not economically viable any more e.g. due to cheap imports lowering prices, so diversification can lead to other sources of income. I was lucky with this one - my local pick your own farm and farm shop have just closed their 'pick your own' saying that they can't compete with supermarket prices. They are now focusing on seasonal tourist events on the farm, as it brings in more money.

I also put that diversification maintains soil quality. e.g. like crop rotation. Land to graze alpacas could be part of a crop rotation that would maintain soil quality.

Yeah i put that it maintained soil quality, and that it brought in profits all year round, also said how those profits could be spent planting hedgerows to increase species diversity / introducing biological control species. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending