The Student Room Group

Remapped derv Vs Peugeot 106 GTI race

I was hustling along at 40 on a national speed limit dual carriageway in the fast lane on the way to the gym at 5pm in my Passat Saloon when I noticed a familar blue Renault Clio Sport behind me.

The Clio was brand new and driven by a friend of mine (also going to the gym). I knew that even my Passat couldn't keep up with him (at least in acceleration) but I decided to tease him and sprint away.

Flooring the accelerator at 40 in 3rd, the Passat sprinted to 70 with agility that defied its size.

The Clio stuck to my bumper, and I braked sharply for the roundabout, coming to a halt, waiting for a gap in the traffic.

A very small gap emerged on the roundabout, but it wasn't enough to get through safely. At that moment a Peugeot 106 GTI in the left lane floored it and narrowly got through the gap on the roundabout.

Enraged that this tatty french hatchback had made me look a fool, I booted it on the next gap in the roundabout, leaving a trail of black soot behind me.

The 106 was sprinting as fast as it could, with the Passat doing its best to close the gap. The speedo went 30, 40, 50 but the gap stayed the same, the two cars although polar opposites were clearly evenly matched at these speeds. We then passed into a 30 zone with traffic queuing up at red lights. I got in the queue to go straight ahead, and the 106 took a left and blazed into the distance.

Then I looked in the rear view mirror and saw my friend in the Clio sat there grinning. tt
Reply 1
And that is why I'd have something like a Passat/Leon FR tdi over a hot hatch anyday.
Reply 2
Original post by Y333EEE
And that is why I'd have something like a Passat/Leon FR tdi over a hot hatch anyday.

Baller Saloons ftw :smile:
Reply 3
Wait, so the ballermobile could barely keep up with one of these?

Well.
Reply 4
Original post by Nuffles
Wait, so the ballermobile could barely keep up with one of these?

Well.

Oh it kept up. The gap was neither growing nor widening. Had the race gone on for longer, then the Passat would have put the diesel power down and reeled him in to his doom.

Or if both cars had 5 people on board the Passat would win :smile:
Mr Traintracks1995.

Wtf is this thread all about: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2704928

Says there that you're 23, earning 28k and a baller.

Firstly, I thought you were 19? I thought you were this 19 year old with this amazing job (cleaning bogs in Heathrow no doubt) and balling in your Passat?

Enlighten me.
Original post by MrWhosane

...who blatantly can't get a girlfriend his own age :teehee:
Reply 7
Original post by MrWhosane
Mr Traintracks1995.

Wtf is this thread all about: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2704928

Firstly, I thought you were 19? I thought you were this 19 year old with this amazing job (cleaning bogs in Heathrow no doubt) and balling in your Passat?

Enlighten me.

You mad that toilet cleaning in Heathrow pays enough to afford a baller saloon ?
Oh Traintracks, how cute.
Reply 9
Not being funny but I drive an 02 plate Skoda Octavia 110hp diesel and I've made a Ford Fiesta Zetec S and a Merc C180 look like a total t##t before. Hoping for a remapped E90 BMW 330d/335d/535d my next motor as you can get serious power as well as 40 mpg
Original post by Y333EEE
Not being funny but I drive an 02 plate Skoda Octavia 110hp diesel and I've made a Ford Fiesta Zetec S and a Merc C180 look like a total t##t before. Hoping for a remapped E90 BMW 330d/335d/535d my next motor as you can get serious power as well as 40 mpg

Neither of those cars are fast, of course you'd win when you have equivalent/more power and way greater torque.
Original post by The Jargen
Neither of those cars are fast, of course you'd win when you have equivalent/more power and way greater torque.

In other news it has been reported that the Sky is Blue!!!

Of course I know, I'm just saying I'd rather have something with a bit of class than some chavmobile like a Zetec S
Cool stories bros :smile:
Original post by Y333EEE
In other news it has been reported that the Sky is Blue!!!

Of course I know, I'm just saying I'd rather have something with a bit of class than some chavmobile like a Zetec S

Exactly. Why have a teenagers hatchback, when you could have the keys to a classy saloon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending