The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by hskjlclcn
Where is Ubi1 thought he'd of been on this result like anything?

Am here worrying about my exam :frown:
Original post by Roger1
No, he isn't. Novak is better. Nadal is just mentally stronger in big matches.

How is Novak better?

14>6

23>19

Novak is a 1 surface man.
Reply 1082
With this achievement, Nadal has:

-Won a NINTH Roland Garros title, the most in world history
-Retained the #1 ranking
-Won his 14th slam, tying Sampras and just 3 behind Federer
-Won a 45th clay-court title, just one away from the all-time record
-Won one slam per year for TEN CONSECUTIVE YEARS!
-Leads Dj 9-3 in slams and 23-19 overall, including 6-0 at Roland Garros
-(more to come)
Reply 1083
Original post by Pistol 33
How is Novak better?

14>6

23>19

Novak isn't better if Novak is better then Nadal then Nadal is better then Federer.
Reply 1084
My prediction for Wimbledon is that Nadal gets to semis loses to Murray probably. But gains 720 points in the process.
Original post by Pistol 33
How is Novak better?

14>6

23>19

I mean in terms of variety, Novak is slightly better. Obviously achievements wise, Rafa is miles ahead.

And if you call Novak a one surface man, then you can say the same about Rafa to a certain degree.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ubi1
With this achievement, Nadal has:

-Won a NINTH Roland Garros title, the most in world history
-Retained the #1 ranking
-Won his 14th slam, tying Sampras and just 3 behind Federer
-Won a 45th clay-court title, just one away from the all-time record
-Won one slam per year for TEN CONSECUTIVE YEARS!
-Leads Dj 9-3 in slams and 23-19 overall, including 6-0 at Roland Garros
-(more to come)

Great achievement especially given his age he can definitely make a run at Federer's record now. I hope Djokovic can rebound from this though I'd love to see a good Djokovic- Nadal match because we sadly didn't get that today :frown:
Original post by Roger1
Surely Nadal has to be 4 because the other 3 has fared better than him in the last couple of years.

Original post by Sirocco11
I can't remember how it works but even being world no.1 I think Rafa won't be seeded 1 or 2.

Formula: start with entry points, add on all grass court points from previous year and 75% of points in best grass tournament in 2012.
Nadal and Djokovic are too far in front in terms of entry points for the formula to put them outside the Top 2
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Krish4791
Formula: start with entry points, add on all grass court points from previous year and 75% of points in best grass tournament in 2012.
Nadal and Djokovic are too far in front in terms of entry points for the formula to prevent them being seeded outside the Top 2

Ah ok. I thought it doesn't take entry points into consideration.
Original post by Roger1
I mean in terms of variety, Novak is slightly better. Obviously achievements wise, Rafa is miles ahead.

And if you call Novak a surface man, then you can say the same about Rafa to a certain degree.

Yeah perhaps, they're very similar. From the baseline they're probably dead equal, at the net I put Rafa ahead of Novak. Let's just be glad that we're able to watch two of the finest athletes to ever grace the sport (let alone sport in general) at their peak.
Reply 1090
Original post by lizzy95
Great achievement especially given his age he can definitely make a run at Federer's record now. I hope Djokovic can rebound from this though I'd love to see a good Djokovic- Nadal match because we sadly didn't get that today :frown:

Djokovic will be back but can he beat Murray on Grass? With the home support Murray cannot lose to Djokovic in best of 5 we saw what he did to Nole last year. Federer can take Djokovic out at Wimby to. Nadal can takeout anybody 3-0 against Murray on grass and has a score to settle with Roger on Grass.:wink:
Reply 1091
I hope Nadal plays Halle and settles his score with Federer tie that grass h2h up at 2-2 would be nice.
Nadal and Djokovic are too far in front in terms of entry points for the formula to put them outside the Top 2

Ah I see, it's such a weird formula.

Would love Rafa to make it to R3 or better this year!
Original post by ubi1
Am here worrying about my exam :frown:

Here he is, should be happy about your mans result though right?
Reply 1094
Nadal is 9-3 against Nole in slams. So much for Nole overtaking Nadal in the real h2h.
Original post by ubi1
Djokovic will be back but can he beat Murray on Grass? With the home support Murray cannot lose to Djokovic in best of 5 we saw what he did to Nole last year. Federer can take Djokovic out at Wimby to. Nadal can takeout anybody 3-0 against Murray on grass and has a score to settle with Roger on Grass.:wink:

Murray is better now than he was back then and Nadal is worse now than he was back then. :wink:
Original post by Roger1
Ah ok. I thought it doesn't take entry points into consideration.

Federer's 2012 win is important because it keeps him in the top 4 as well
Nadal is better than Federer. I much prefer Feds especially at his peak when he was simply magical but results dont lie Federer hardly comes close to beating Nadal. He only did when he was at his peak and Nadal was far off it, and even in those years Nadal won the majority. Nadal is better on grass than Federer is on clay.

Personally I think that Federer at his peak was better on clay than Novak and on top of that Nadals game is set up perfectly for Federer but isn't perfect for Novak. Novak is a great player but imho he is a level below Fedal at their best. Nadal first Feds second Sampras third maybe Djokovic fourth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1098
Original post by hskjlclcn
Here he is, should be happy about your mans result though right?

I am but I knew it :wink:

5 in a row for the clay maestro.:biggrin:

Bjorn Borgs French Open Curse has finally been broken:tongue:

Shame Roger couldn't break it at Wimbledon:rolleyes:
Federer's 2012 win is important because it keeps him in the top 4 as well

It'll be a joke if Federer wasn't seeded in the top 4.

Quick Reply

Latest