The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ubi1
Nadal is 9-3 against Nole in slams. So much for Nole overtaking Nadal in the real h2h.

Exam period - takes away a lot of time... I only saw 30 mins of the match!

Not sure why I'm replying to this comment in particular though :tongue:
Reply 1101
Original post by Roger1
Murray is better now than he was back then and Nadal is worse now than he was back then. :wink:

Djokovic may have to deal with Murray in the Semis and in the process both men Tire out and then Nadal deals with Federer and tired opponent in the final, possible?:tongue:
Reply 1102
Original post by Krish4791
Exam period - takes away a lot of time... I only saw 30 mins of the match!

Not sure why I'm replying to this comment in particular though :tongue:

Ohhh Crap! Am gone!
Original post by ubi1
Djokovic may have to deal with Murray in the Semis and in the process both men Tire out and then Nadal deals with Federer and tired opponent in the final, possible?:tongue:

You don't think Federer has also tire Nadal in the SFs or even beat him? :tongue:
Original post by ubi1
Djokovic will be back but can he beat Murray on Grass? With the home support Murray cannot lose to Djokovic in best of 5 we saw what he did to Nole last year. Federer can take Djokovic out at Wimby to. Nadal can takeout anybody 3-0 against Murray on grass and has a score to settle with Roger on Grass.:wink:

Murray has looked lacklustre all year I can't see him winning Wimbledon again. Nadal has also been patchy on grass so given his lack of consistency I wouldn't be shocked if a complete random won this year but I hope it's Djokovic! Now that clay is behind us hopefully he can improve for the rest of the season
Because of my stupid exam, I won't be able to watch Halle and Queens properly. :frown:
Reply 1106
Original post by Roger1
You don't think Federer has also tire Nadal in the SFs or even beat him? :tongue:

Na realistically Federer best chance of taking Nadal out is before the Second week. He can possibly straight set Nadal on day 1 but no way is he beating Nadal in week 2. Only Murray and Djoker can.
Original post by ubi1
Na realistically Federer best chance of taking Nadal out is before the Second week. He can possibly straight set Nadal on day 1 but no way is he beating Nadal in week 2. Only Murray and Djoker can.

But this is grass, so you never know.
Reply 1108
Original post by lizzy95
Murray has looked lacklustre all year I can't see him winning Wimbledon again. Nadal has also been patchy on grass so given his lack of consistency I wouldn't be shocked if a complete random won this year but I hope it's Djokovic! Now that clay is behind us hopefully he can improve for the rest of the season

But Murray just Made the semis of his Worst slam?.... That shows something ..... Also Murray was playing some good Tennis in Rome and RG. Murray's is looking to peak for Wimbledon and playing Queens will help his form. Murray is taking his backhand early which allows him to dominate and it will be even harder for his opponents to defend that shot on Grass cos its faster.
Original post by lizzy95

I think Murray's improving - his match against Nadal was poor, but otherwise his backhand's working well and he says he's where he wants to be. Hopefully with Amelie Mauresmo by his side, he can regain his confidence on the grass
Reply 1110
Original post by Roger1
But this is grass, so you never know.

Aye this week 1 Nadal most vulnerable week 2 his favorite.
Reply 1111
Potentially if Nole beats Murray on Grass it will be 2 Wimbledon's against 1 of Murray's Joker will have a better resume.
Original post by Roger1
I mean in terms of variety, Novak is slightly better. Obviously achievements wise, Rafa is miles ahead.

And if you call Novak a one surface man, then you can say the same about Rafa to a certain degree.

Nah.

Rafa has won each slam twice besides one.

Proven across all surfaces.

Cant say the same for Novak.
We can talk about omens, etc. but one thing I forgot to mention is this: the Defending Champion at Wimbledon always has a target on their back - nothing's easy, especially given the unpredictability of the game.
After all, no man has defended his Wimbledon title in 7 years. The champions do seem to be constantly oscillating
Original post by Roger1
Because of my stupid exam, I won't be able to watch Halle and Queens properly. :frown:

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation - my exams don't finish till day 3 of Wimbledon :frown:
Original post by ubi1
Potentially if Nole beats Murray on Grass it will be 2 Wimbledon's against 1 of Murray's Joker will have a better resume.

But Murray will still be better than Nole on grass.
Reply 1116
Original post by Roger1
But Murray will still be better than Nole on grass.

2 Wimbledon's to 1 though very debatable this:redface:.
Original post by Krish4791
We can talk about omens, etc. but one thing I forgot to mention is this: the Defending Champion at Wimbledon always has a target on their back - nothing's easy, especially given the unpredictability of the game.
After all, no man has defended his Wimbledon title in 7 years. The champions do seem to be constantly oscillating

Agreed I just don't see Murray defending Wimbledon even if he is improving.
Original post by Pistol 33
Nah.

Rafa has won each slam twice besides one.

Proven across all surfaces.

Cant say the same for Novak.

But Rafa has also won most of his slams and tournaments on clay, so if you are gonna call Nole a surface man then you have to say the same about Rafa to a certain extent. Yeah, Rafa has won slams on all surfaces, but he has only dominated the one on clay just like Novak has dominated hard court slams. Whereas the likes of Borg, Sampras and Federer dominated on two of the 3 surfaces in slams.
Original post by ubi1
2 Wimbledon's to 1 though very debatable this:redface:.

olympic gold, bro :wink: and one wimbledon title (both runs including victories over Nole)

Quick Reply

Latest