The Student Room Group

oral exams

Hello everyone, i need littlebit help :smile:
im not the best english writter but i try to explane my problem..

Im from Germany and i have to do oral exam in english next week..
i have to speak..
four points in the oral exam..
presentation about 5 minutes -+1 minute
interview from the teachers
express in english with partner
and communication..
so i have a problem how to formulate my presentation..
it must be a about my school projects.. that i done in past..
so i decide to do it about salt crystals that i do in chemestry..

my presentation text.. i hope you can give me some tips...
and sorry if this forum is wrong.. :smile:

Good evening ladies and genelmen
it is very nice to be here
My name is I.M and i am from dresden´s near Großenhain.. it is about 30 killometers away from here.
im here today to talk to you about my project that calls salt crystal that i made in subject chemestry this year. For this project i have became mark 1 and it was very ineresting and needet to be patient..

Growing salt crystals is a popular experiment for adults and children. This project will teach you how crystals grow from a liquid solution and uses simple, household items. Salt crystals begin to grow within a few hours and will become larger overnight. With this experiment, you can have fun on a rainy weekend or closely document the crystal growth for an educational home science project

first thing about i would like to talk is how to make a salt crystal at home
we need cotton string, scissors, pencil, water, salt and a cup... than you can begin to make your own salt crystal ...
first step you have to boiling water than give the salt to the boiling water.. so you become salt solution than you have to fill up the cup with this salt solution.
as second step you have to fix the cotton string to the pencil in the middle and than set the pincel with cotton sting in the cup of salt solution and wait. you have to be patient because it will take so about two weeks to grow up.

you have to check it everyday to be sure it grow up as you wanted and wished length and maybe be make notice it make this experiment more interesting.

Thank you very much to lissening my presentation and do feel free to ask me any questions
Reply 1
up
Hello :smile: your presentation sounds pretty good but I did notice a few spelling/grammatical errors which I could correct for you if that would be useful?

Also is it finished or did you want help with adding more to it?
Reply 3
Original post by RadishWadish
Hello :smile: your presentation sounds pretty good but I did notice a few spelling/grammatical errors which I could correct for you if that would be useful?

Also is it finished or did you want help with adding more to it?

this presentation should be about 5 minutes that i have to speak.. i think it is maybe enogth... but if you have some tipps, please help me :smile:
Original post by miinamiikee
this presentation should be about 5 minutes that i have to speak.. i think it is maybe enogth... but if you have some tipps, please help me :smile:

OK I've put the changes in bold below, the only bit I'm not sure about is "mark 1", not sure what that means? Anyway, I hope this helps :smile:

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen

it is very nice to be here
My name is I.M and i am from dresden´s near Großenhain.. it is about 30 killometers away from here.
im here today to talk to you about my project that's called salt crystal that i made in subject chemistry this year. For this project i have become mark 1? and it was very interesting and you need to be patient but the result is worth the wait.

Growing salt crystals is a popular experiment for adults and children. This project will teach you how crystals grow from a liquid solution using only simple, household items. Salt crystals begin to grow within a few hours and will become larger overnight. With this experiment, you can have fun on a rainy weekend or closely document the crystal growth for an educational home science project

now i would like to talk about how to make a salt crystal at home
we need cotton string, scissors, pencil, water, salt and a cup... than you can begin to make your own salt crystal ...
first step: you have to boil water then put the salt into the boiling water.. so that it becomes a salt solution, then you have to fill up the cup with the salt solution.
for the second step you have to fix the cotton string to the pencil in the middle and than set the pencil with cotton string in the cup of salt solution and wait. you have to be patient because it will take about two weeks to fully grow.

you have to check it everyday to be sure it grows up as big as you want and as long as you want and you might find that it makes the experiment more interesting because you can see how much it grows each day

Thank you very much for listening to my presentation and do feel free to ask me any questions"
Original post by miinamiikee
For this project i have became mark 1

Sorry mate but this sentence makes no sense

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending