The Student Room Group

Sy3 wjec

Any one know what questions were on the January 2014 paper for crime? Please :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauren1x12
Any one know what questions were on the January 2014 paper for crime? Please :smile:

well looking at the examiners report... it looks like the essay questions were on functionalist views and white collar and corporate crime ... not exactly sure of the exact questions though

http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/19955.pdf
Reply 2
Original post by joanneredfern
well looking at the examiners report... it looks like the essay questions were on functionalist views and white collar and corporate crime ... not exactly sure of the exact questions though

http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/19955.pdf

Thankyouuu :biggrin:
Thankyouuu :biggrin:

haha no problem !! I'm glad I've found someone else who is sitting the same exam as me !!
Reply 4
haha no problem !! I'm glad I've found someone else who is sitting the same exam as me !!

I know sam, Ive been looking though the past papers and Marxist hasn't been up for a while I hope a good question on that comes up :biggrin:
I know sam, Ive been looking though the past papers and Marxist hasn't been up for a while I hope a good question on that comes up :biggrin:

I was doing that yesterday, and i think that it'll either be Marxist or Interactionalist/ labelling theory... then i'm not sure about the 15 marker short question. I also think that something might come up about the ways of measuring crime, because nothing like that has come up before really !!

What are you studying for SY4 ??
Reply 6
I'd be happy with that!
I'd doing world sociology :smile:
Yes i would be too !! ohh i'm doing social inequality - i think its the worst topic ever -.- !!
I'd be happy with that!
I'd doing world sociology :smile:
Reply 8
Yes i would be too !! ohh i'm doing social inequality - i think its the worst topic ever -.- !!

Yeah I'm not too keen on world sociology either tbh its quite dull to revise :frown:
Yeah I'm not too keen on world sociology either tbh its quite dull to revise :frown:

Yep I haven't really started or done as much as I would like either, just glad that its got research methods in the paper (thank god for psychology)... what other a-levels do you do ??

Out of curiosity how did you do in As level sociology as well and how did you find the papers last year??
Reply 10
Yep I haven't really started or done as much as I would like either, just glad that its got research methods in the paper (thank god for psychology)... what other a-levels do you do ??

Out of curiosity how did you do in As level sociology as well and how did you find the papers last year??

I'm planning to do the majority of it next weekend as I've got lots more exams this week

I do psychology and Biology both exams this week too!
I got A's in both, not feeling as confident this time, no January exams have ruined me!
How about you?

I'm planning to do the majority of it next weekend as I've got lots more exams this week

I do psychology and Biology both exams this week too!
I got A's in both, not feeling as confident this time, no January exams have ruined me!
How about you?

I do Psychology and Geography, both of which have exams this week too !! So i'm hoping that a few days is enough to get me through for Monday, although i also have my second geography exam on the Monday too, so trying not to prioritise :L
I don't actually have a As grade, I'm doing the whole 2 years in a year, because i did biology and Spanish last year, but had some major problems with them,so had to drop both of them !! So i'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of going in to the A2 exams with no As grade to go off !!
Reply 12
I do Psychology and Geography, both of which have exams this week too !! So i'm hoping that a few days is enough to get me through for Monday, although i also have my second geography exam on the Monday too, so trying not to prioritise :L
I don't actually have a As grade, I'm doing the whole 2 years in a year, because i did biology and Spanish last year, but had some major problems with them,so had to drop both of them !! So i'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of going in to the A2 exams with no As grade to go off !!

What exam board are you doing psychology with?
A2 is synoptic anyway so you probably have an added benefit doing them all in one go! How did you find the As exams?
What exam board are you doing psychology with?
A2 is synoptic anyway so you probably have an added benefit doing them all in one go! How did you find the As exams?

For psychology I'm on AQA, what about you?
Yh that's what i'm hoping, I prefered Sy1 (where i did family, i found it more interesting so it was easier) sy2 was alright it could have gone a lot worse but could have gone better,so i'm just keeping my fingers crossed for results day !! :smile:

You going to uni in September ??
Reply 14
For psychology I'm on AQA, what about you?
Yh that's what i'm hoping, I prefered Sy1 (where i did family, i found it more interesting so it was easier) sy2 was alright it could have gone a lot worse but could have gone better,so i'm just keeping my fingers crossed for results day !! :smile:

You going to uni in September ??

WJEC again:frown: ahhh I did youth culture in PY1!
Yah hopefully Manchester or Warwick, just need my biology to go well. yourself? :biggrin:
WJEC again:frown: ahhh I did youth culture in PY1!
Yah hopefully Manchester or Warwick, just need my biology to go well. yourself? :biggrin:

Ohhh !! I was going to ask you how you found the exam we did last week....
hopefully Nottingham or Chester :smile: just need to get a decent grade in sociology !!
Reply 16
Wasn't too bad dreading the one on Wednesday feel like I know nothing -.-
What you planning on doing? :smile:
Wasn't too bad dreading the one on Wednesday feel like I know nothing -.-
What you planning on doing? :smile:

Haha me too, I've been concentrating on sociology and geography... God help me on results day
I'm hopefully going to do Psychology, what about you ??
Reply 18
Haha me too, I've been concentrating on sociology and geography... God help me on results day
I'm hopefully going to do Psychology, what about you ??

hahaha I'm just trying to be optimistic that it might all just come to me during the exam!
Biomedical science :smile:
hahaha I'm just trying to be optimistic that it might all just come to me during the exam!
Biomedical science :smile:

Just wanted to say Good Luck for this afternoon !! we'll be fine :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest