The Student Room Group

so much backwardness on TSR

okay so first I honestly didn't know which subject to put this in bc im new amd I honestly couldn't find one that suited this topic. so forgive me if there is anyone who takes that seriously

So when I first joined TSR I was seeing all these threads where people were extremely ignorant to Islam and other ethnicities and it was kind of shocking

and then I see people who follow islam or who are ethnic minorities making really backward posts like I just saw one where this person is gonna tell this girls parents their daughter is a lesbian which is the be all or end all for muslim families so obviously wouldnt go well which is sickening

and it just made me think how backward some people on here are. Personally, I've been brought up to be open minded and respect everyone and I feel like I do. when it comes to religion im not fussed I dont care if you follow relgion and im also not ignorant enough to belief that Islam is a hateful religion. I am also up for critisim, so if someone disagrees with me I am able to change my mind depending on what I hear which also makes me feel like im open minded as I feel like there is no point debating if you're going to just stick to one view. I also do sometimes believe religion can be taken to seriously but then again each to their own.

sorry I'm starting to feel like this should have been in the religion thread so sorry again

what are your views?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Algorithm69
What is the punishment for homosexuality in Islam?

no idea, im not Muslim, why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

None, I've already explained In another thread. Homosexuality is not a sin is Islam. Only homosexual sex is.
TSR is slowly warping my perception of Islam.
I'm an atheist so imo we already have Christianity so I'm not sure why we need the Muslims too.*

That probably sounds horrifying, if so, my apologies.

RE that thread about guy who wanted to out someone to their parents - that was absolutely disgusting. The tone was especially annoying: self-righteous and seeking validation. What a worm.
Reply 4
Cry me a river. This seems to be a thread more about yourself and how you are a special snowflake who 'is open-minded' and less about the opinions of a minority on TSR.

Besides, it is more often the culture surrounding Islam that takes negatively to homosexuality, and less the specific concept itself.
Original post by BenAssirati
Cry me a river. This seems to be a thread more about yourself and how you are a special snowflake who 'is open-minded' and less about the opinions of a minority on TSR.

Besides, it is more often the culture surrounding Islam that takes negatively to homosexuality, and less the specific concept itself.

'special snowflake' I hate that cringey phrase
and no, I wanted peoples views I thought I'd start with my own.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RayApparently
TSR is slowly warping my perception of Islam.
I'm an atheist so imo we already have Christianity so I'm not sure why we need the Muslims too.*

That probably sounds horrifying, if so, my apologies.

RE that thread about guy who wanted to out someone to their parents - that was absolutely disgusting. The tone was especially annoying: self-righteous and seeking validation. What a worm.

I see why people follow religion
and that guy realllly bugged me. thefe is actually something wrong to want to hurt someone like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

None :K:

Although there's punishment for adultery/fornication. Since same sex marriages are not allowed, it's impermissible to have same sex sexual relations.

Although to prove that is technically near impossible given the terms under which the punishment can be applied via Shari'ah Law. Technically whatever a person does in their own privacy is between them and God, at the end of the day.

Homosexual relations is however clearly prohibited.
(edited 9 years ago)
All religion is wrong in my book. Internet-Atheists are also idiots.
Reply 9
I like how you say it as if this makes Islam any less barbaric. It is a mere technicality as far as I am concerned. Islam is still a repressive and backward religion that actively suppresses actions that do no harm to anybody else, and is not the business of anybody else.

I wasnt supporting Islam. I'm not religious in any way. Was just pointing it out. You are right, it is a technicality.
Original post by alapa
None, I've already explained In another thread. Homosexuality is not a sin is Islam. Only homosexual sex is.

Pit is the exact same thing. You are only trying to put a smoke screen to protect islam
If anything is backwards it's Islam lol. Everyone knows it, but people IRL don't talk about it to be nice.
Many TSR muslims' opinions and beliefs are indeed backwards, positively medieval.
Original post by midnight phoenix
I see why people follow religion
and that guy realllly bugged me. thefe is actually something wrong to want to hurt someone like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

The problem with religion is that it can drive people to do horrifying things and still believe they're in the right. Once you put your faith in a creator you shirk personal responsibility and begin to see human beings as objects - playthings for the almighty.

Religion can also bring out the best in people. It can inspire kindness, respect and decency. Some of the most admirable people in history made the world a better place by placing their faith at the foundation of their conviction. However, the moment religion stands in the way of progress and morality is the moment we tell them where they can stick their fantasies.

:cool: That was my rant, and I stand by it.
Reply 14
Original post by Green Marble
Pit is the exact same thing. You are only trying to put a smoke screen to protect islam

I'm a lesbian atheist. Sheesh. I'm not supporting Islam. I was just correcting someone on a technical point. Pipe down. It isn't even the same thing anyway.
Some atheists are backward and mindless. But I'm not even surprised, they all seem to have a rare form of god phobia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sorry too many posts to reply to
I agree that religion itself is outdated but why is there so much hate on Islam?
nearly all religions are backward and outdated.
doesn't mean every single person who believes in religion follows the outdated concepts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the_lost_boy
All religion is wrong in my book. Internet-Atheists are also idiots.

'Uses the internet' and 'Is atheist' are too very wide circles with a very wide cross-section in that particular venn-diagram. Nevertheless, I know what you're talking about.
Original post by RayApparently
The problem with religion is that it can drive people to do horrifying things and still believe they're in the right. Once you put your faith in a creator you shirk personal responsibility and begin to see human beings as objects - playthings for the almighty.

Religion can also bring out the best in people. It can inspire kindness, respect and decency. Some of the most admirable people in history made the world a better place by placing their faith at the foundation of their conviction. However, the moment religion stands in the way of progress and morality is the moment we tell them where they can stick their fantasies.

:cool: That was my rant, and I stand by it.

completely agree tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eradicating
Some atheists are backward and mindless. But I'm not even surprised, they all seem to have a rare form of god phobia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not afraid of god. I stopped believing in the bogeyman when I was 5.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending