The Student Room Group

illusionz' ICF blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Squirb
30kg db tri extensions?! What daaaaa.
How are you doing them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 2 hands per DB lol. Both hands holding it, palms upwards, sitting down and behind head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbX7Wd8jQ-Q
Your shrugs should be a lot stronger tbh.

Use a hook grip.
Original post by illusionz
It's 2 hands per DB lol. Both hands holding it, palms upwards, sitting down and behind head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbX7Wd8jQ-Q

OH a bit like a French press sorta thing

I was thinking of db kickbacks whoops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squirb
OH a bit like a French press sorta thing

I was thinking of db kickbacks whoops

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah yeah 30kg kickbacks would be immense
Original post by tehforum
Your shrugs should be a lot stronger tbh.

Use a hook grip.

Grip isn't an issue. Didn't progress on them for a bit for no reason really... not sure why. Ramping up weights again but tbh I get better feels from paused shrugs at a slightly lower weight.
I've done shrugs maybe once in my life but i think the way to go is either light and "Feel" the muscle working or just go absolutely heavy as crap and go for strapping up and use a bit of bodyweight to help.

I think halfway house approaches won't work as well as either extreme.
Original post by Motorbiker
I've done shrugs maybe once in my life but i think the way to go is either light and "Feel" the muscle working or just go absolutely heavy as crap and go for strapping up and use a bit of bodyweight to help.

I think halfway house approaches won't work as well as either extreme.

Well I think my trap doms today suggest that whatever I did worked to a reasonable extent :biggrin:

I am ramping up the weight each week though
Will be watching..... Good luck :smile:
Well I think my trap doms today suggest that whatever I did worked to a reasonable extent :biggrin:

I am ramping up the weight each week though

DOMS doesn't mean much, the weight does however.
DOMS doesn't mean much, the weight does however.

brb kai greene curls 15kg dbs. also doms is a damned good indicator you've been working hard.

You don't need to be shrugging huge amounts of weight to make gains. Proper form and rom with a pause will stimulate growth.
brb kai greene curls 15kg dbs. also doms is a damned good indicator you've been working hard.

You don't need to be shrugging huge amounts of weight to make gains. Proper form and rom with a pause will stimulate growth.

wot

Yep, DOMS is instead a damned good indicator that you've been working hard, but unfortunately that doesn't necessarily mean that you will make progress (for instance you could be working TOO hard, or just working "hard" with a really low weight for many many reps which as well all know does jack **** but will definitely give you DOMS). You'll probably stop getting DOMS from the shrugs soon enough anyway as you become used to them.

Oh and because Kai Greene is DEFFO natty lolz.
wot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8wZNGL4iA4

I do not do shrugs to lift the most weight I can. I do them to make my traps grow.
Kai Greene is super enhanced. The rules of natty lifting do not apply to him.

If you were on the stuff he's on... you could stand up off the toilet 50 times a day and grow your legs.

Progressive overload is where it's at.

Also he's so out of breath in that video.. dat dere cell tech
10/6/14

Deadlift 185 x 3 PB

DB Press 24s 5x5 PB I think

DB rows 30s 2x8 each arm

Rows-10%
70 5x5

bicep/tricep isolation stuff
Nice deads.
Straps or chalk?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Straps or chalk?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Straps for the 185s, chalk for the warmups up to 170
quick session before going away for weekend.

Highlights included 75kg bench 5x4 (no spotter so went for 4 rep sets instead), and row 80kg 5x5
Why did you use straps for the top set and not chalk?

Quick Reply

Latest