The Student Room Group

Girlfriend said she loves me again, do you think it's time I should say it?

This happened a week back already, but this week (yesterday) she told me "I love you" as I was about to leave to head home.

I told her that I wasn't in love with her yet, but I am seriously falling for her; that I don't want to say it just like that to make her happy, that I want it to be real. She said it was OK ...

Do you think she'll give up on it if I don't tell her I love her back?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Le Franglais
This happened a week back already, but this week (yesterday) she told me "I love you" as I was about to leave to head home.

I told her that I wasn't in love with her yet, but I am seriously falling for her; that I don't want to say it just like that to make her happy, that I want it to be real. She said it was OK ...

Do you think she'll give up on it if I don't tell her I love her back?

If you love her then you tell her.

If not then don't lie to her, It may make her happy but she won't be happy with you, it'd be somebody who thinks is there, but really doesn't exist, you know what I mean?

But if you spend more time together doing activities :perv: then the attraction may increase
why would you not say it back? it's not difficult and you say you know it will happen soon.
She might stop saying it because now she knows how you feel, and you know she loves you, it's just waiting for you to feel the same now. Though, she might say it again at a later point, hoping if she says it then you'll realise you feel the same.
Reply 4
Original post by Mubariz
If you love her then you tell her.

If not then don't lie to her, It may make her happy but she won't be happy with you, it'd be somebody who thinks is there, but really doesn't exist, you know what I mean?

But if you spend more time together doing activities :perv: then the attraction may increase

Well the truth is I'm not in love with her (yet) ... she's a fantastic person, she's wonderful to be around and spend time with ... I can feel myself falling for her, and I probably will end up loving her, but I really don't want to just say "I love you too" for the sake of it.
Reply 5
Original post by FrankJaegar
why would you not say it back? it's not difficult and you say you know it will happen soon.

Well, maybe it's because I care about her? Maybe it's because loving someone is very important in a relationship?
Don't say it if you don't mean it, or she'll never trust you again.
It's pretty unfair of her to say it again tbh, it's not like you will have changed your mind overnight is it?
Expect her to be upset or moody soon.

say it when it's right for you
Reply 8
Original post by sliceofcake
She might stop saying it because now she knows how you feel, and you know she loves you, it's just waiting for you to feel the same now. Though, she might say it again at a later point, hoping if she says it then you'll realise you feel the same.

I'm just worried she'll break up with me if I don't say it sooner.
Reply 9
Original post by TheRandomer
It's pretty unfair of her to say it again tbh, it's not like you will have changed your mind overnight is it?

I don't mind her saying it, I mind how I feel and how she might feel if I don't say it soon. I'm falling for her, that much is clear, but I'm not yet in love with her.
I'm just worried she'll break up with me if I don't say it sooner.

Well unfortunately if that's how it goes then that's how it goes. It's not likely, as she loves you and she knows you feel strongly about her. But if she leaves you for it, then it's because it was causing her a lot of pain and it's probably best for you both, but I don't see it happening :smile:
Well the truth is I'm not in love with her (yet) ... she's a fantastic person, she's wonderful to be around and spend time with ... I can feel myself falling for her, and I probably will end up loving her, but I really don't want to just say "I love you too" for the sake of it.

Yeah I agree 100%

Don't say it unless you mean it, but try and be together more as it will help you fall in love, talk more, just try to enjoy each others company more and you will fall in love eventually
I don't mind her saying it, I mind how I feel and how she might feel if I don't say it soon. I'm falling for her, that much is clear, but I'm not yet in love with her.

Then just tell her that!
Then just tell her that!

I did after the first time she said it though.
Original post by Mubariz
Yeah I agree 100%

Don't say it unless you mean it, but try and be together more as it will help you fall in love, talk more, just try to enjoy each others company more and you will fall in love eventually

We're going to see a film together tomorrow, and I'm having dinner at hers later that night.
I did after the first time she said it though.

I dunno, take her out to dinner maybe (I don't mean pay just suggest a night out together) and have a good chat about things. Say you really enjoy being with her, you think she's pretty and tell her what you like about her personality etc. Then just say you need more time, and you don't want to put pressure on the relationship while you're still having a lovely 'honeymoon period'. Just be honest and she should respect that.
I dunno, take her out to dinner maybe (I don't mean pay just suggest a night out together) and have a good chat about things. Say you really enjoy being with her, you think she's pretty and tell her what you like about her personality etc. Then just say you need more time, and you don't want to put pressure on the relationship while you're still having a lovely 'honeymoon period'. Just be honest and she should respect that.

She does respect what I told her, but I think she can't help herself saying it. I really enjoy hearing it, don't get me wrong, but it puts quite a substantiate amount of pressure on me.

We're going to watch a film together tomorrow, and then have dinner at hers later that evening.

I don't see what's unfair with her just saying her feelings, it's not like she's doing it in a pressuring sort of way - it was as he left, meaning the pressure to say it back was off as he could just leave (rather than say, in the middle of dinner where he has to say something.) She might just want to let him know/remind him of her feelings!
She does respect what I told her, but I think she can't help herself saying it. I really enjoy hearing it, don't get me wrong, but it puts quite a substantiate amount of pressure on me.

We're going to watch a film together tomorrow, and then have dinner at hers later that evening.

Surprise her with dinner out maybe? nothing too fancy but it's a nice touch

Couldn't really give any better advice than this. Just do this
Original post by joker12345
I don't see what's unfair with her just saying her feelings, it's not like she's doing it in a pressuring sort of way - it was as he left, meaning the pressure to say it back was off as he could just leave (rather than say, in the middle of dinner where he has to say something.) She might just want to let him know/remind him of her feelings!

The first time she said it was last week (3-4 days ago) ... I know how she feels about me, and she knows how I feel about her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending