The Student Room Group

Being bullied my manager at work

I am in retail (ASDA) and am constantly spoken to like a piece of trash by my department manager. He is very intimidating to me and is very manipulative to try and get me to admit to things I didn't do, or admit to things that I don't agree with.

He constantly embarrasses me in front of other colleagues and I suspect tries to defame my character to other managers to turn them against me, too.

It has happened many times now and I am seriously considering quitting, as he is bringing me down to his level. Sometimes I shout at him back, which makes things worse. :frown: It's like he is baiting me, so he has something else to punish me for. :frown:

Shall I make a formal written complaint against him? Or shall I just leave?

Trouble is, I need the money... :frown:
Make a formal complaint!
If you just leave, you've done nothing to stop him doing the same to someone else.
Take note of every incident (the date, time and place that it happened) for evidence.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I am in retail (ASDA) and am constantly spoken to like a piece of trash by my department manager. He is very intimidating to me and is very manipulative to try and get me to admit to things I didn't do, or admit to things that I don't agree with.

He constantly embarrasses me in front of other colleagues and I suspect tries to defame my character to other managers to turn them against me, too.

It has happened many times now and I am seriously considering quitting, as he is bringing me down to his level. Sometimes I shout at him back, which makes things worse. :frown: It's like he is baiting me, so he has something else to punish me for. :frown:

Shall I make a formal written complaint against him? Or shall I just leave?

Trouble is, I need the money... :frown:

Write a formal complaint and hopefully you'll be assigned to a different section or a different Asda all together. Would he know if you made a complaint against him or would it be anon?#

TSR's asda thread.
(edited 9 years ago)
Talk to a trade union rep first and seek advice there but I would complain.

I saw a night manager talking to a colleague like **** and I was glad I didn't work nights ha
Reply 4
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Make a formal complaint!
If you just leave, you've done nothing to stop him doing the same to someone else.
Take note of every incident (the date, time and place that it happened) for evidence.

It has been going on for a while, and I have not made any notes of them. I want to make a complaint against him this week, but because of just one incident do you think is wise?

I was trying to talk to him face to face as he was shouting at me but ended up getting a lump in my throat because I was so nervous, and as I paused to swallow he smirked at me. What a horrible man. Total bully.
Original post by Anonymous
It has been going on for a while, and I have not made any notes of them. I want to make a complaint against him this week, but because of just one incident do you think is wise?

I was trying to talk to him face to face as he was shouting at me but ended up getting a lump in my throat because I was so nervous, and as I paused to swallow he smirked at me. What a horrible man. Total bully.

If you can remember any incidents, write them down, evidence to back your case will be helpful otherwise it could be your word against his

Any witnesses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending