The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Knowing
Yeah the question specifically said "subject to the conditions stated above", which implies there's only one velocity - the one given, so I think they'll reject the "different velocities" answer.

That is good because I didn't write that :wink:
What are the UMS boundaries normally like / predictions for this paper?
Reply 262
Original post by Knowing
Yeah the question specifically said "subject to the conditions stated above", which implies there's only one velocity - the one given, so I think they'll reject the "different velocities" answer.

Are you sure that it was the velocity and not the speed that was constant?
Reply 263
So annoyed, for the 3 marker I drew the wave but forgot to label it:frown: Will I get no marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah cheers mate. It was a pretty decent paper i thought - much better than G491 haha
Reply 265
Original post by emfp21
So annoyed, for the 3 marker I drew the wave but forgot to label it:frown: Will I get no marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done a question like that before. You'll only lose one mark if the wave was drawn correctly.
Reply 266
Did anyone have any idea about the resolution question in section c?:L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by STATER
Are you sure that it was the velocity and not the speed that was constant?

At the top it said "water passed through the turbine at a speed of 12ms^-1". Velocities shouldn't really come into it (water currents flow in one direction - there won't be any going to opposite way to counteract it)
Peugeot ion travelling at 80km /h for 120 km power question, what did you guys get?
Original post by emfp21
Did anyone have any idea about the resolution question in section c?:L

Posted from TSR Mobile

0.02 i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bean man
Peugeot ion travelling at 80km /h for 120 km power question, what did you guys get?

24?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 271

27kW

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by allstar1996
What are the UMS boundaries normally like / predictions for this paper?

70-76 for an A I think, recently, it has been about 60 before but that won't happen again. I predict 90/100 is 100% UMS

24kW

120 km / (80 km h^-1) = 1.5 hours.

1.5 * 16 = 24

This is providing I can remember the numbers correctly.
Reply 274
What was the answer for the 1 marker about the maximum wavelength that can create 3 fringes. Something like 630nm?
Original post by STATER
What was the answer for the 1 marker about the maximum wavelength that can create 3 fringes. Something like 630nm?

Yep. You assume order 3 is at 90 degrees, as this is the maximum size of order 3 hence maximum wavelength.
Original post by DomStaff
24kW

120 km / (80 km h^-1) = 1.5 hours.

1.5 * 16 = 24

This is providing I can remember the numbers correctly.

Isn't that just the capacity of the battery though in kWh?
Isn't that just the capacity of the battery though in kWh?

I can't remember, why what did you multiply 1.5 by?
Original post by DomStaff
I can't remember, why what did you multiply 1.5 by?

I don't know to be honest, I can't remember either but I put 24 down and also something like 10.6kw, don't know why haha
I don't know to be honest, I can't remember either but I put 24 down and also something like 10.6kw, don't know why haha

That question has gone completely blank in my mind after the 1.5 mark, I can't even remember what the question said. I think you're right though, I may have lost 2 marks.

Latest

Trending

Trending