The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bean man
I don't know to be honest, I can't remember either but I put 24 down and also something like 10.6kw, don't know why haha

Oh wait, which car was it? It was the one whose mass was 1170, right? Whose max. power was 49kW? Its capacity was 16kWh, so maybe what I said was right, as I wasn't just quoting the battery capacity. I don't know.
Original post by DomStaff
Yep. You assume order 3 is at 90 degrees, as this is the maximum size of order 3 hence maximum wavelength.

Didn't you have to use a protracter so the angle was like 70 degrees?
Original post by HennersPD
Didn't you have to use a protracter so the angle was like 70 degrees?

You on about the last question in section A? You had to say what the maximum wavelength that could be put through the diffraction grating and give 3 orders.
Oh wait, which car was it? It was the one whose mass was 1170, right? Whose max. power was 49kW? Its capacity was 16kWh, so maybe what I said was right, as I wasn't just quoting the battery capacity. I don't know.

I don't know either, we'll have to see. Doesn't matter though as it was a fair test overall.
Original post by Bean man
I don't know either, we'll have to see. Doesn't matter though as it was a fair test overall.

Indeed. Average paper IMO. 75 +/- 3 for an A. 90 for 100%. I best get 100%.
Reply 285
Original post by CrystalPlanet
One advantage of a longer length would be that time period was longer; hence the uncertainty of reaction time decreases as it's easier to measure and therefore the experiment is more accurate.

We were taught that time period is the same no matter what the length? For example a longer length has to cover more distance, but is faster in doing so and has the same time period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by RoryV
We were taught that time period is the same no matter what the length? For example a longer length has to cover more distance, but is faster in doing so and has the same time period
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at the formula for time period of an oscillation, it is dependent on length. I think what you're thinking about is the amplitude i.e. the release angle - the period doesn't depend on this as the velocity of the pendulum swing compensates for it.
How many marks do you think I'd lose if I wrote 1/2(Lambda)=0.66m and then forgot to multiply by 2 to calculate the frequency? I have a feeling it may be all of them ffs!
So, I get into the exam hall, and try to find physics. Seems simple right? But ALL of the tables have the EDEXCEL PINK FORMULAE BOOKLET. So I ask where physics is, like a bloody dork, and they take me to one of the desks.

So I ask why the hell we have an EDEXCEL booklet for an OCR Paper and they just shrug and walk off.
I tell another invigilator it's wrong, and that we need the OCR data booklet, and they just nod and walk off.

And about 2 minutes into the start of the exam they rush to take all of the pink Edexcel ones in and give use the OCR ones. Eugh. The organisation was rubbish.

Thought the paper went well though :smile: Thankfully a lack of SUVAT Calcs' and I thought the Article questions were rather nice!
There was absolutely no SUVAT on this paper!

Other than that, very nice paper. So much nicer than the first paper.
For the power output question asking you to show that it's a lot less than 49kW I used the units. If you did 16k*1.5 you're going to end up with 24kWh^2 which to me says that it isn't the power?

I divided by 1.5 to get 10667W as the I saw that the hours (h) would cancel and it was asking you to show the power?

Probably am wrong but that was just my way of thinking about it..
Original post by DanielCook95
For the power output question asking you to show that it's a lot less than 49kW I used the units. If you did 16k*1.5 you're going to end up with 24kWh^2 which to me says that it isn't the power?

I divided by 1.5 to get 10667W as the I saw that the hours (h) would cancel and it was asking you to show the power?

Probably am wrong but that was just my way of thinking about it..

Ah yes of course! My bad. That is 1 mark gone for me.
Ah yes of course! My bad. That is 1 mark gone for me.

Yeah I got the power as 10.66kW :smile:
Power one was like 10.7kW
How many marks do you think I'd lose if I wrote 1/2(Lambda)=0.66m and then forgot to multiply by 2 to calculate the frequency? I have a feeling it may be all of them ffs!

Someone answer and put me out of my misery please.. :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 295
Original post by allstar1996

What was the question again?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by allstar1996

It was 24.
Original post by Minecraft27
It was 24.

i got 10.67kW
Someone answer and put me out of my misery please.. :redface:

I think you'd only lose one mark (it was a two mark question if I remember correctly); you stated that you had to multiply the length by two, so you'll probably get a mark for that.
Original post by Minecraft27
It was 24.

Nah mate. Basically the question said what was the power generated when the car travelled at 80Km/h for 120km range. So you had 16/x * 80 = 120, (a simple restatement of distance = speed x time), yielding x = 10.7kW

Latest

Trending

Trending