The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Minecraft27
It was 24.

1kWh is equivalent to 3.6MJ of energy. The battery's capacity was 16kWh => 57.6MJ. The car can travel for 120km/80km = 1.5hours = 90 minutes = 5400 seconds.

So Power = Energy/Time = 57,600,000/5,400 = 10666.667...Js^-1

So the answer should be 10.7kW.
Original post by CrystalPlanet
I think you'd only lose one mark (it was a two mark question if I remember correctly); you stated that you had to multiply the length by two, so you'll probably get a mark for that.

I really hope so. Due to this I'm really hoping they allow an ECF for the part where you had to calculate the percentage increase of the frequency if the flute was not extended.. :colondollar:

Thank you for your reply as well!
I'm sure the power question was along the lines of this:

*Table stating maximum power is 49kW and battery capacity is 16kWh*

"Peugot state that the range of the car is 120km when travelling at a constant speed of 80kmh^-1 and the battery is fully charged initially, show that the power provided is significantly less than the figure given in table x?"
Reply 303
I also got 10.7kW for the car power question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by DanielCook95
I really hope so. Due to this I'm really hoping they allow an ECF for the part where you had to calculate the percentage increase of the frequency if the flute was not extended.. :colondollar:

Thank you for your reply as well!

There is no need for ECF. That part required nothing from any other parts.
Original post by DomStaff
There is no need for ECF. That part required nothing from any other parts.

Thinking about it now I don't even think that I used it haha! Do you mind me asking what you got for the answer to the percentage part?:redface:
Original post by PsychoPanda
I got 10^-6 for finger cross section. And I got 3 % for the temperature question, tbh in not so sure about the 3% but the cross sectional area of a finger is definitely 10^-6

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree: my finger's cross-sectional area is about 1cm x 1cm, which is 0.01m x 0.01m = 1x10^-4 m^2

10^-6 would mean that your finger is 1mm wide and thick.
Original post by PsychoPanda
I got 10^-6 for finger cross section. And I got 3 % for the temperature question, tbh in not so sure about the 3% but the cross sectional area of a finger is definitely 10^-6

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree, also. The diameter of my finger is approx 1cm. I have skinny fingers, so I am at the lower end of the spectrum. This gives me a x-sectional area in somewhere like 7.something * 10^-5, therefore approximately 10^-4.
Thinking about it now I don't even think that I used it haha! Do you mind me asking what you got for the answer to the percentage part?:redface:

2.6%

It is just root298 - root283 divided by root283. Then multiplied by 100.
Original post by Knowing
I disagree: my finger's cross-sectional area is about 1cm x 1cm, which is 0.01m x 0.01m = 1x10^-4 m^2

10^-6 would mean that your finger is 1mm wide and thick.

I concur..
2.6%

It is just root298 - root283 divided by root283. Then multiplied by 100.

Haha that's a relief, I got that too. I did use the frequency but I think I ended up putting a line through it because I realised that it wasn't needed. Thank you!
Haha that's a relief, I got that too. I did use the frequency but I think I ended up putting a line through it because I realised that it wasn't needed. Thank you!

The important thing to realise that lambda would not change, as L doesn't change, hence v and f increase proportionally.
Reply 312
The power question if you look at units you can do it.

kWh, you want kW, therefore do (capacity kWh)/h, therefore 16/(120/80) = 10.66.. = 10.7kW
(edited 9 years ago)
The important thing to realise that lambda would not change, as L doesn't change, hence v and f increase proportionally.

Ofcourse. Thank's again, eased my nerves a tiny bit! :colondollar:
Reply 314
did you guys get the distance of the divers jump to be about 4m?
Original post by tukky12
did you guys get the distance of the divers jump to be about 4m?

I got the highest point to be over 6 metres..
I have the paper follow me into my cave
Original post by FrankJaegar
I have the paper follow me into my cave

All 30 pages? :redface: can you post it :3
Original post by Knowing
I got the highest point to be over 6 metres..

4.7? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 319

yes!!!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending