Edexcel Government and Politics Unit 4 Exam 13/06/2014

Let the revision commence :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wahoooo Unit 4 here we come!
Original post by Jeni68
Wahoooo Unit 4 here we come!

Indeed :tongue:

I hope we get a critique of multiculturalism for one of the 15 markers, usually easy marks and very easy to revise for!

As for the 45 markers, any 'TWE is ... a single ideology' would be ok I guess.
Only had time to start revision now ! :frown: Basically have to learn an ideology a day to be ready for friday fml. Hope this paper is as good as unit 3..
Yeah I like the 'TWE' and 'On what grounds' questions.

I hope threre's a Feminism 45 marker. If not I'll do Ecologism. I won't be doing any revision for multiculturalism.
Original post by Reluire

I hope threre's a Feminism 45 marker. If not I'll do Ecologism. I won't be doing any revision for multiculturalism.

Really? I find that the critiques of multiculturalism often come up as 15 markers and they tend to be pretty simple to revise!

I agree with you about the 45 markers though.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Really? I find that the critiques of multiculturalism often come up as 15 markers and they tend to be pretty simple to revise!

I agree with you about the 45 markers though.

They probably are, I just haven't really engaged with multiculturalism very well and, even though I don't particularly like it either, prefer nationalism. I might have a brief look-over multiculturalism.

I haven't looked through the Unit 4 past papers for a few weeks, so I can't remember what's most likely to have two 15-mark questions and no 45-marker. Hopefully not Feminism as I find essay questions on it very accessible usually. Ecologism questions can be quite nice too, having said that. But I think there's more thinkers to discuss in Feminism.
Original post by Reluire
They probably are, I just haven't really engaged with multiculturalism very well and, even though I don't particularly like it either, prefer nationalism. I might have a brief look-over multiculturalism.

I haven't looked through the Unit 4 past papers for a few weeks, so I can't remember what's most likely to have two 15-mark questions and no 45-marker. Hopefully not Feminism as I find essay questions on it very accessible usually. Ecologism questions can be quite nice too, having said that. But I think there's more thinkers to discuss in Feminism.

Nationalism had two 15 markers in the June 2013 paper but no 45 marker. So that should come up as a 45 marker. Don't have a clue what won't though! :tongue:
Genuinely haven't answered one question on this topic yet. Focused mainly on history revision and lately unit 3.

Know the basics but really lacking any degree of detail. 3 days to learn a few months of content here we go !
Reply 9
Original post by Ryfy
I don't know if these help anyone - I've basically answered all (or most, in terms of the 45 markers) the past paper questions for nationalism and feminism, the ecology and multiculturalism ones are a little brief still so I'll keep working on them. I included examiner reports, which are always helpful because Heywood points out exactly what he wants, and you can adopt that technique on other questions.

ALSO I forgot to mention check out his articles here http://andrewheywood.co.uk/styled-8/index.html

v. useful
Original post by Ryfy
I don't know if these help anyone - I've basically answered all (or most, in terms of the 45 markers) the past paper questions for nationalism and feminism, the ecology and multiculturalism ones are a little brief still so I'll keep working on them. I included examiner reports, which are always helpful because Heywood points out exactly what he wants, and you can adopt that technique on other questions.

This looks pretty helpful, thanks. :smile:
Any people out there doing EU Political Issues? :smile: Don't know whether to feel calm or panic my head off :confused: :eek:
Any one for Global political issues? and does anyone know what the structure is for essays?
Reply 13
Original post by Super Angry Peng
Any one for Global political issues? and does anyone know what the structure is for essays?

yeah i'm doing global :smile: i'm pretty sure the essay structure is something like definition/ definitive argument in the intro then two paragraphs for and two against roughly, but obviously if you have more to say on one side it doesn't really matter, as long as you have a good debate
Reply 14
Original post by chloescottt
Any people out there doing EU Political Issues? :smile: Don't know whether to feel calm or panic my head off :confused: :eek:

I am :-) sooo scared
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Nationalism had two 15 markers in the June 2013 paper but no 45 marker. So that should come up as a 45 marker. Don't have a clue what won't though! :tongue:

Original post by Reluire

Yayy I finally found other people doing ideologies on here, seems like everyone's doing US politics!
Any predictions? I think feminism probably won't come up as a 45-marker, unfortunately, as it's my favourite topic but fingers crossed for a good Ecologism (can't stand Nationalism)
Reply 16
Original post by bananaminion
Yayy I finally found other people doing ideologies on here, seems like everyone's doing US politics!
Any predictions? I think feminism probably won't come up as a 45-marker, unfortunately, as it's my favourite topic but fingers crossed for a good Ecologism (can't stand Nationalism)

Nationalism def, as not on June 13
Multiculturalism v likely as only 1 continuous essay
Ecologism likely as only 2 continuous essays.
Feminism unlikely as 3 continuous essays.
Reply 17
Anyone could post some of their practice essays?
Original post by Ryfy
Nationalism def, as not on June 13
Multiculturalism v likely as only 1 continuous essay
Ecologism likely as only 2 continuous essays.
Feminism unlikely as 3 continuous essays.

So if Feminism likely not to be a 45 marker, could we say they'll give it 2 15's?
Original post by charlottiebottie
So if Feminism likely not to be a 45 marker, could we say they'll give it 2 15's?

Yeahh definitely:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest