The Student Room Group

"topping up" btec diploma

Hi all

I have a 90 credit diploma in business studies amongst a range of other A level's and AS level's... i do not have enough ucas points to go to top ranking university's and i want to so i'm willing to study more to get better grades... i got rubbish grades due to personal circumstances away at home

I have a 90 credit diploma in btec business... can i top it up to an extended diploma at a different college ?

Cheers

Tom
Reply 1
Original post by Tomh_7
Hi all

I have a 90 credit diploma in business studies amongst a range of other A level's and AS level's... i do not have enough ucas points to go to top ranking university's and i want to so i'm willing to study more to get better grades... i got rubbish grades due to personal circumstances away at home

I have a 90 credit diploma in btec business... can i top it up to an extended diploma at a different college ?

Cheers

Tom

I believe you should be able to. If you joined a business course while they were in the second year, you would do another 90 credits and top it up to an extended diploma. Contact your local colleges and go for it!
Reply 2
Original post by Kavv
I believe you should be able to. If you joined a business course while they were in the second year, you would do another 90 credits and top it up to an extended diploma. Contact your local colleges and go for it!

Cheers Kavv, Waiting on a few replies now from them :smile:
hey, you did 12 units right? im currently doing it now and I am find unit 1 and 2 hard and I was to bring it up to distinction but I have to do merit and distinction for unit 1 and 2 and I need help. can you help me please?
Reply 4
Original post by Dindin1000
hey, you did 12 units right? im currently doing it now and I am find unit 1 and 2 hard and I was to bring it up to distinction but I have to do merit and distinction for unit 1 and 2 and I need help. can you help me please?

Hiya !! I did 9 units but I did unit 1+2 to merit standard.... What do you need help with i will try my best to help you
Keep your old coursework because you may need to re-submit it for your extended diploma.
Reply 6
Original post by mynameisntdoug
Keep your old coursework because you may need to re-submit it for your extended diploma.

Thank you I am going to get the work back from my sixth form when they release it to me :smile: I've enquired about it
Original post by Tomh_7
Hiya !! I did 9 units but I did unit 1+2 to merit standard.... What do you need help with i will try my best to help you

so can you help me do the merit assignments. explain what to do and what to include and stuff like that. I'm really clueless. :confused:
Reply 8
so can you help me do the merit assignments. explain what to do and what to include and stuff like that. I'm really clueless. :confused:

If you could give me a lil more info ? :smile: Every college's assignments are slightly different
Original post by Tomh_7
If you could give me a lil more info ? :smile: Every college's assignments are slightly different

Ok, my exam board for the BTEC business is edexcel and the information below comes directly from unit information documents/pdfs thingys they give out to teachers and students, if you get what I mean.

Unit 1 - M1 - explain the points of view of different stakeholders seeking to influence the aims and objectives of two contrasting organisations

Unit 1 - M2 - compare the challenges to selected business activities within a selected organisation, in two different economic environments

Unit 1 - M3 - analyse how political, legal and social factors have impacted on the two contrasting organisations.

Unit 2 - M1 - explain how the management of human, physical and technological resources can improve the performance of a selected organisation

Unit 2 - M2 - assess the importance of employability, and personal skills in the recruitment and retention of staff in a selected organisation

Unit 2 - M3 - interpret the contents of a trading and profit and loss account and balance sheet for a selected company explaining how accounting ratios can be used to monitor the financial performance of the organisation
Reply 10

Ok, my exam board for the BTEC business is edexcel and the information below comes directly from unit information documents/pdfs thingys they give out to teachers and students, if you get what I mean.

Unit 1 - M1 - explain the points of view of different stakeholders seeking to influence the aims and objectives of two contrasting organisations

Unit 1 - M2 - compare the challenges to selected business activities within a selected organisation, in two different economic environments

Unit 1 - M3 - analyse how political, legal and social factors have impacted on the two contrasting organisations.

Unit 2 - M1 - explain how the management of human, physical and technological resources can improve the performance of a selected organisation

Unit 2 - M2 - assess the importance of employability, and personal skills in the recruitment and retention of staff in a selected organisation

Unit 2 - M3 - interpret the contents of a trading and profit and loss account and balance sheet for a selected company explaining how accounting ratios can be used to monitor the financial performance of the organisation

To be honest I feel it's near impossible to help because every college is given a selected organisation to talk about during the assignments.

For the first assignment i talked about 2 organisations... one was my school and one was tesco, The stakeholders for tesco might be to make as much money while for a school it might be to improve education or to help more with special needs kids

For M1 + M2 for unit 1 i did a newspaper article for each merit task writing about demand and the recession etc :smile:

This should help you, each unit listed has everything you need to write about, also there's a student book for edexcel you can buy which i used to have and was ace

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/nationals10/business/Pages/default.aspx
Original post by Tomh_7
To be honest I feel it's near impossible to help because every college is given a selected organisation to talk about during the assignments.

For the first assignment i talked about 2 organisations... one was my school and one was tesco, The stakeholders for tesco might be to make as much money while for a school it might be to improve education or to help more with special needs kids

For M1 + M2 for unit 1 i did a newspaper article for each merit task writing about demand and the recession etc :smile:

This should help you, each unit listed has everything you need to write about, also there's a student book for edexcel you can buy which i used to have and was ace

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/nationals10/business/Pages/default.aspx

OK.. yh i get what your talking about. thats why these two units are pretty hard, cuz everyone has to do the assignments according to what businesses or organisations they applied it to. and the way you did m1 and m2 is completely different from what our teacher has told us to do. we just have to write it up like a normal assignment or report, if you get what i mean.
Reply 12
OK.. yh i get what your talking about. thats why these two units are pretty hard, cuz everyone has to do the assignments according to what businesses or organisations they applied it to. and the way you did m1 and m2 is completely different from what our teacher has told us to do. we just have to write it up like a normal assignment or report, if you get what i mean.

See it's so hard at times :frown: The link I gave you should give you an idea of what to write though ! You should get in contact with your tutor for 1 to 1 help for your assignments if you're struggling, There's one or two different btec blogs on google which people make to upload their work so you could try them... Just type in BTEC business Level 3 Unit 1 M1 etc etc... I got ideas for other assignments using them
Original post by Tomh_7
See it's so hard at times :frown: The link I gave you should give you an idea of what to write though ! You should get in contact with your tutor for 1 to 1 help for your assignments if you're struggling, There's one or two different btec blogs on google which people make to upload their work so you could try them... Just type in BTEC business Level 3 Unit 1 M1 etc etc... I got ideas for other assignments using them

Ok thanks I'll check it out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending