The Student Room Group

Do uni's round up degree class percentages?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mimsali21
jellybean26 coventry university rounds up 59.5 to 60 and 69.5 to 70. they also round up 58 to 60 and 68 to 70 if a student didnt have any reassessment that year. you should check your university handbook. i really think they will round it up. best of luck.

Thank you you for replying to me, I hope this is the case as all the extra effort would be for nothing. Thanks
Reply 21
Original post by Jellybean26!
Thank you you for replying to me, I hope this is the case as all the extra effort would be for nothing. Thanks

Hey! If you type in to google (too lazy to copy and paste the link for you) Hull university rounding marks up, the first link should be something.

If the mark is .45 then it gets rounded up, you will be getting a first :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by mimsali21
jellybean26 coventry university rounds up 59.5 to 60 and 69.5 to 70. they also round up 58 to 60 and 68 to 70 if a student didnt have any reassessment that year. you should check your university handbook. i really think they will round it up. best of luck.

They also require you to have 60 modules at marks above the higher classification.
Original post by jkyng1
yeah first year doesn't count anyway?

First year may not count towards a degree but many employers will ask the uni. for a transcript of first year marks which makes first year results much more important than many students realise.

Hey Jellybean26, I'm wondering if you've got first class as I am now in this same situation as you were before (CovUni).

Thanks
Original post by icecreamsandwich
Hey Jellybean26, I'm wondering if you've got first class as I am now in this same situation as you were before (CovUni).

Thanks

Hey yeah, I did indeed get the first which was such a relief. What are u currently sitting on? I literally spent the whole of June worrying and in the end it turned out okay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey yeah, I did indeed get the first which was such a relief. What are u currently sitting on? I literally spent the whole of June worrying and in the end it turned out okay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations to you! (although it's been a year now :biggrin:)
I'm currently having an average of 69.92. It is such a torture now to wait for the results to be finalised. You must be glad it was over and it turned out the way you wanted. :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
Congratulations to you! (although it's been a year now :biggrin:)
I'm currently having an average of 69.92. It is such a torture now to wait for the results to be finalised. You must be glad it was over and it turned out the way you wanted. :redface:

Oh that's brilliant well done, well I obviously can't guarantee that u will get a first but I'm pretty sure with that result a first will be yours 😆 You must have worked extremely hard so u deserve it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh that's brilliant well done, well I obviously can't guarantee that u will get a first but I'm pretty sure with that result a first will be yours 😆 You must have worked extremely hard so u deserve it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too. Wishing you all the best in future! Thanks a mil. :h:
Thank you :smile: pop back and let us know how it turns out for u :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
literally the worst thing happened to me- i did an exam when very ill and just got my result back and it's not great... brought my average from a 59,8% to 58,6 % anyone ever been in that situation before and ended up staying at the lower grade? should've never gone to the exam and taken a doctors note :frown:
Thank you :smile: pop back and let us know how it turns out for u :smile:Posted from TSR Mobile

it turned out great! first class indeed :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
I got the same score as my friend. He was at the same uni as me, but on a different course. His was rounded up to a first, mine was not. So it depends ultimately on your course

Posted from TSR Mobile
it turned out great! first class indeed :biggrin:

Congratulations, that's brilliant. Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations, that's brilliant. Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!:smile:
Has anyone from bradford uni had their grade rounded up if they were on bouderline?
Original post by 2710
I got the same score as my friend. He was at the same uni as me, but on a different course. His was rounded up to a first, mine was not. So it depends ultimately on your course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which uni were you at?
I'm sure you'll be able to convinced your lecturer/tutor the next time you meet him/her.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi what about if its 39.6? will they round it up to 40%. its for an exam.
Original post by viksster07
Hi what about if its 39.6? will they round it up to 40%. its for an exam.

Totally depends on your uni and your course. They probably would though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending