The Student Room Group

CCEA Spanish AS level Exam 12th June 2014

Hola! Anyone else on TSR doing this exam panicking about it yet? :s-smilie: I'm so worried for it!

Any predictions for the written essay?

If there's already a thread for this sorry but I didn't see it :colondollar:
Hola! I'm repeating it so I guess i'm not than panicked about it haha :smile: My teacher seems to think the topic of family or children will come up, what do you think?
Reply 2
Original post by yermasyerda
Hola! I'm repeating it so I guess i'm not than panicked about it haha :smile: My teacher seems to think the topic of family or children will come up, what do you think?

Any tips from your last experience? :biggrin: I'm really worried for the listening and the timing of the reading (and basically it all haha) I really hope family comes up, that would be nice! My teacher told us sport might come up but I think in Jan it was about health and lifestyle so it's less likely :frown:

Also what's the jump like from AS to A level? :biggrin:
Original post by Zango11
Any tips from your last experience? :biggrin: I'm really worried for the listening and the timing of the reading (and basically it all haha) I really hope family comes up, that would be nice! My teacher told us sport might come up but I think in Jan it was about health and lifestyle so it's less likely :frown:

Also what's the jump like from AS to A level? :biggrin:

Just go into the exam having revised topic vocab well, have a few good phrases for the essay, and it doesn't do you any harm to listen to some Spanish songs to help you with the listening :smile:
For the listening it's a good idea to listen to the whole record through first then you can see where the answers are in the cd, also you don't have time transcribe the words verbatim, the key points are enough.

I honestly didn't find the jump too drastic, it's doable, the essay on the novel always sounds daunting but come exam time you're ready for it!
Reply 4
Just go into the exam having revised topic vocab well, have a few good phrases for the essay, and it doesn't do you any harm to listen to some Spanish songs to help you with the listening :smile:
For the listening it's a good idea to listen to the whole record through first then you can see where the answers are in the cd, also you don't have time transcribe the words verbatim, the key points are enough.

I honestly didn't find the jump too drastic, it's doable, the essay on the novel always sounds daunting but come exam time you're ready for it!

Thanks for the advice, that's actually a really good idea to listen to it all through first, it probably makes it easier with timing too! :smile:

That doesn't sound too bad although the novel is probably really difficult to read the first time:erm: Are the other parts pretty much the same as AS? What's the speaking like at A2?
Original post by Zango11
Thanks for the advice, that's actually a really good idea to listen to it all through first, it probably makes it easier with timing too! :smile:

That doesn't sound too bad although the novel is probably really difficult to read the first time:erm: Are the other parts pretty much the same as AS? What's the speaking like at A2?

Well we studied Como agua para chocolate but we never actually read the book in spanish we read it in english then worked through a booklet in spanish though we watched the film in spanish :biggrin:

Yeah pretty much, just the translation is from english to spanish at a2 and in the listening you get to write the second part in english. The speaking is just a development on last year, a glorified chit chat if you like, the first 5 minutes is a discussion on a chosen topic (we did el camino de santiago) then 10 minutes talking about yourself :smile:
Reply 6
Well we studied Como agua para chocolate but we never actually read the book in spanish we read it in english then worked through a booklet in spanish though we watched the film in spanish :biggrin:

Yeah pretty much, just the translation is from english to spanish at a2 and in the listening you get to write the second part in english. The speaking is just a development on last year, a glorified chit chat if you like, the first 5 minutes is a discussion on a chosen topic (we did el camino de santiago) then 10 minutes talking about yourself :smile:

Oh really? That's not too bad then :biggrin: the translation sounds horrible! I suppose it depends on how well you know vocab :s-smilie: hopefully after tomorrow I'll make it that far haha

¡Buena suerte! :biggrin:
Original post by Zango11
Oh really? That's not too bad then :biggrin: the translation sounds horrible! I suppose it depends on how well you know vocab :s-smilie: hopefully after tomorrow I'll make it that far haha

¡Buena suerte! :biggrin:

¡suerte! :wink:
Well, what did you think?
Reply 9
Well, what did you think?

The translation was horrible in places!:frown: Had to guess like 5 words :s-smilie: The reading wasn't too bad and I'm so glad sport came up in the essay! :biggrin: But the listening was hard, think I put too many true's for the first part..oh well! What did you think?:biggrin:
The translation was fine, as was the reading but I hate having to change the text, yeah the majority of my answers were true too!! I liked the listening although struggled to get setecientos for ages haha and I did the sport question too but found the second bullet point challenging :biggrin: But overall was a decent paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending