The Student Room Group

Need help for revising chemistry c1 10 june 2014 exam and physics p1 12 june 2014

If you need any help with chemistry c1 or physics p1. i would be able to help you.
Reply 1
Sure: what topics are covered in C1. Normally good at chem but haven't revised this unit at all yet :frown:.
Reply 2
Original post by lerjj
Sure: what topics are covered in C1. Normally good at chem but haven't revised this unit at all yet :frown:.

C1.1: the fundamental ideas in chemistry.
C1.2: limestone and building limestone.
C1.3: metals and their uses
C1.4: crude oil and fuels
C1.5: other useful substances from crude oil
C1.6: plant oils and their uses
C1.7: changes in the earth and its atmosphere
Could you possibly create a similar list for P1? Would be much appreciated, thank you! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jadeskittles
Could you possibly create a similar list for P1? Would be much appreciated, thank you! :smile:

because i havent yet read the spec, therefore i will do it tomorrow evening. :smile:
Original post by manishah2
because i havent yet read the spec, therefore i will do it tomorrow evening. :smile:

That'd be great. Could you please post it as a reply to my post so I'm sure to see it? Thank you very much! :smile:
Reply 6
What exactly do we need to know about Polymers? It's the only thing I'm unsure about. :P
Reply 7
Original post by MrHarry
What exactly do we need to know about Polymers? It's the only thing I'm unsure about. :P

you need to know :
the uses of polymers- can be used to make new packaging materials, waterproof coatings for fabrics, dental polymers, wound dressing, hydrogels.
you also need to know that many polymers are not biodegradable(the do not get broken down by microbes [decay]). this can lead to problems with waste disposal.
plastic bags are being made from polymers and cornstarch so that they break down more easily.
Reply 8
you need to know :
the uses of polymers- can be used to make new packaging materials, waterproof coatings for fabrics, dental polymers, wound dressing, hydrogels.
you also need to know that many polymers are not biodegradable(the do not get broken down by microbes [decay]). this can lead to problems with waste disposal.
plastic bags are being made from polymers and cornstarch so that they break down more easily.

Thanks a lot for that man. Good luck for tomorrow. :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by MrHarry
Thanks a lot for that man. Good luck for tomorrow. :wink:

your welcome. good luck to you too. try your best and mnever miss any question. guess the answer even if you are not sure. dont leave it blank.
Am I right in using the word displacement here. In reduction, we reduce a metal oxide by getting rid of the oxygen- for example when u have iron oxide + carbon you use reduction where the carbon displaces the iron forming iron and co2?? thanx
If you need any help with chemistry c1 or physics p1. i would be able to help you.
Reply 11
Original post by artymaniac
Am I right in using the word displacement here. In reduction, we reduce a metal oxide by getting rid of the oxygen- for example when u have iron oxide + carbon you use reduction where the carbon displaces the iron forming iron and co2?? thanx

yep thats correct.

2Fe2O3 +3C -> 4Fe +3CO​2
Reply 12
I havent revised at all and I'm regretting it, any tips?
Reply 13
Original post by Zeroic
I havent revised at all and I'm regretting it, any tips?

last minute revison. i will suggest you to watch videos on youtube mygcsescience
Reply 14
Original post by jadeskittles

You need to know the following for the physics exam:
Infrared radiation
Kinetic theory
Rate of energy
Convection, conduction, evaporation and condensation
Insulating Buildings

Energy transfer and efficiency

energy and appliances
the cost of electricity( the formula will be given in the exam so dont waste time revising formula)
generating electricity
national grid
waves and their properties
should know the order of electromagnetic waves, in terms of energy, frequency and wavelength
waves can be reflected, refracted and diffracted.
uses of waves
reflection
sound
red-shift.

i am making important notes at the moment and will upload it for everyone to revise from. :smile:
You need to know the following for the physics exam:
Infrared radiation
Kinetic theory
Rate of energy
Convection, conduction, evaporation and condensation
Insulating Buildings

Energy transfer and efficiency

energy and appliances
the cost of electricity( the formula will be given in the exam so dont waste time revising formula)
generating electricity
national grid
waves and their properties
should know the order of electromagnetic waves, in terms of energy, frequency and wavelength
waves can be reflected, refracted and diffracted.
uses of waves
reflection
sound
red-shift.

i am making important notes at the moment and will upload it for everyone to revise from. :smile:

Thank you very much!! Will rep when I'm on my computer. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest