The Student Room Group

If America's best athletes played soccer we would WIN the World Cup...

:mad: I get so upset the guys we have on our team now are like so far down the food chain in terms of our best athletes. We have so many great athletes in this country I can't wait till African Americans start to pick up on the sport. Once black people start playing soccer and the USMNT is majority black like our Olympic team we will also be a force in soccer like every other sport.

Oh well I still love our current boys!

I could only imagine a USMNT with high caliber world class athletes like these.....

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If America's best athletes...that being...basketball players, mostly...played SOCCER...you guys would NOT win. Just a thought. All the same, thanks, I'll let them know. :laugh:
If my mother has ******** she will be my father.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HeyFromNY_USA
If America's best athletes...that being...basketball players, mostly...played SOCCER...you guys would NOT win. Just a thought. All the same, thanks, I'll let them know. :laugh:

i'd imagine the referee having a hard time lecturing them about you cant use your hand in "soccer" after having to send off a few players for deliberate handball. :rofl:
Football has a lot of skill involved, like any sport, they wouldn't pick it up instantly.

Plus, they probably wouldn't, Not many 200+ lb guys can run for 90 Minutes like that
Reply 5
Original post by Mubariz
Football has a lot of skill involved, like any sport, they wouldn't pick it up instantly.

Plus, they probably wouldn't, Not many 200+ lb guys can run for 90 Minutes like that

Im not saying if you took 11 random NFL\NBA players trained them and send them to Brazil we would win. I'm saying if the MLS was as popular as the NFL we would be one of the best.
If China can get the same people that play badminton and table tennis to play football China would win the world cup...Is that what your saying?
Original post by Beyoncstan
Im not saying if you took 11 random NFL\NBA players trained them and send them to Brazil we would win. I'm saying if the MLS was as popular as the NFL we would be one of the best.

Not really, there is a reason why sports are usually dominated by a certain ethnic group and that is because they are better suited to it physically.

Why do you think people from around Jamaica almost always win the short sprint gold medals and many good long distance runners come from Africa.
Reply 8
Original post by Mubariz
Not really, there is a reason why sports are usually dominated by a certain ethnic group and that is because they are better suited to it physically.

Why do you think people from around Jamaica almost always win the short sprint gold medals and many good long distance runners come from Africa.

African Americans have always desstroyed this assumption See Serena Williams, tiger Woods, Gabby Douglas, tc
African Americans have always desstroyed this assumption See Serena Williams, tiger Woods, Gabby Douglas, tc

How rare are they.

I'm talking about on average, don't get happy, your race is not better than mine and mine isn't better than yours.

Tiger Woods is 4th atm I think anyway.

If you look at the bigger picture, there is usually a race that is better at one sport than most others, there may be a few people that stray outside but they aren't the whole population

Original post by KongShou
If China can get the same people that play badminton and table tennis to play football China would win the world cup...Is that what your saying?

Them table tennis guys.

CRAZY!!!
Ugh. God. Another piss poor display of intelligence on TSR.

What does basketball have to do with soccer.
You people really are one of a kind special. :laugh:

And Mubariz. Stop hating.
Original post by HeyFromNY_USA
Ugh. God. Another piss poor display of intelligence on TSR.

What does basketball have to do with soccer.
You people really are one of a kind special. :laugh:

And Mubariz. Stop hating.

Okay firstly everybody it's Football.

Secondly the two things you said here don't seem to work together, you are criticising his intelligence yet you say I am hating when I am pointing out evolutionary facts. Can you not even put up a case?

Jamaicans (and people of similar ethnic background) are better at sprinting due to more and better fast twitch muscle etc similar principle for long distance runners. Not saying they shouldn't have the advantage or anything but the fact is there are reasons why they wouldn't dominate in every sport known to man.

Tell me, how many successful Jamaican long distance runners are there?
Reply 12
Original post by Mubariz
How rare are they.

I'm talking about on average, don't get happy, your race is not better than mine and mine isn't better than yours.

If you look at the bigger picture, there is usually a race that is better at one sport than most others, there may be a few people that stray outside but they aren't the whole population

Them table tennis guys.

CRAZY!!!

Original post by Mubariz
How rare are they.

Them table tennis guys.

CRAZY!!!

Original post by Mubariz
How rare are they.

Them table tennis guys.

CRAZY!!!

No America has a history of great world class athletes in a variety of sports! China does not they excell in "games' or activities like table tennis, diving, weight lifting.
No America has a history of great world class athletes in a variety of sports! China does not they excell in "games' or activities like table tennis, diving, weight lifting.

I think you mad by the way you are quoting me so many times, chill out.

Who are you to call something a sport and something not a sport, I'll have you know Chess is a sport and there's nothing you can say otherwise, it is officially a sport and that's it.

America is made up many different ethnic groups anyway, of course they will be good at a variety of sports.
Reply 14
Original post by Mubariz
Okay firstly everybody it's Football.

Secondly the two things you said here don't seem to work together, you are criticising his intelligence yet you say I am hating when I am pointing out evolutionary facts. Can you not even put up a case?

Jamaicans (and people of similar ethnic background) are better at sprinting due to more and better fast twitch muscle etc similar principle for long distance runners. Not saying they shouldn't have the advantage or anything but the fact is there are reasons why they wouldn't dominate in every sport known to man.

Tell me, how many successful Jamaican long distance runners are there?

Jamaica is a really bad example as they have only won the 100m in the Oympics twice, The USA has won the Men's 100m 15 days and 4x100 16 times but the USA has produces Field and Distance athletes.

The USA won 29 medas in London in Track & Field....Now your point ?
Original post by Arithmeticae
*cringes at use of soccer*

It's football, dammit!

When there are two different kinds of footballs in the same discussion, it's fair to call one soccer. Get a grip.
Reply 16
Original post by Mubariz
I think you mad by the way you are quoting me so many times, chill out.

Who are you to call something a sport and something not a sport, I'll have you know Chess is a sport and there's nothing you can say otherwise, it is officially a sport and that's it.

America is made up many different ethnic groups anyway, of course they will be good at a variety of sports.

I'm not mad it's 1am in Atlanta LOL, and America is good at sports because of African Americans. Take away black people and we would suck! LOL
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
I'm an American and I live in the South, I cal it SOCCER ..S.O.C.C.E.R Get OVER IT I love the same game as you do, but we have our own football in America. IDK why Europeans get so bent out of shape over it. I swear the greatest pastime in Europe is complaining about what America does! LOL
I'm not mad it's 1am in Atanta LOL, and America is good at sports because of African Americans. Take away back people and we would suck! LOL

Take away BLACK. Not back. :biggrin:
Reply 19
African Americans are superior athletes to Africans and have proven throughout history in a variety of sports to be the best athletes on earth. African Americans excel in several sports and been historical the best in boxing, track & field, American football, basketball, and have broken down racial barriers in baseball and produced the best female tennis player, golfer, 1st Black Olympic gymnast, etc

African Americans are born in the word' richest country that is obsessed with sports which is another reason why the excel over Africans.

Quick Reply

Latest